Official Hot Toys Superman Returns Jor El spec-

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Jor El spec-

Do you guys think he'll be available at other places besides Toys2 (like cornerstore etc?)?

You're making it sound like it's either Toys2 or Hong Kong!

I'm holding out because CSC's prices are usually better and because the retail price on the HK publicity was $100 for superman and about $85 for Jor-El vs. $125/$105 at Toys2.

It most likely is toys2 or ebay

14 supes 12 jor-els left.

They woulda most likely gotten them up for order by now.(but it could happen)

Add as many to cart as possible.

Well bigbadtoystore has em now but their more expensive.

10 left of each at toy square.

Well bigbadtoystore has em now but their more expensive.

10 left of each at toy square.
Yeah, definitely buy from Toys2 if you want to save money. I got both Jor El and Supes 2 in 1 from them and each individual(including the ENORMOUS shipping charge from Canada to Texas) figure's price is still cheaper than BBTS's price.
And the BBTS price doesn't include shipping yet. Still, BBTS is a great company and I use them too.

How much do they charge you for shipping to Texas? Did you ask for express or something?

I'm in Canada, and to ship one figure anywhere in the USA regular is usually about $14, or loose about $8.

Toys2's shipping rates to Canada are resonable, about cost.

There's no rush to buy the Jor-El is there? That's not limited run - it'll be in production for a while?

And OSCORP - are you the owner of Toys2? How do you know what the stock is?

lol no i explained above.(add to cart)

If you're in canada order away.If Jor-el sells out they would probably get a 2nd batch in at some point later on, supes i'm not so sure about.

9 supes 10 jor-els left.

lol no i explained above.(add to cart)

If you're in canada order away.If Jor-el sells out they would probably get a 2nd batch in at some point later on, supes i'm not so sure about.

9 supes 10 jor-els left.

Oh, I see - you added as many to your cart as possible - I thought you were telling us to buy as many as possible to sell them high later!

I got Superman #10, but I'll leave Jor-El for money. My income is pitiful and I have like a million things on pre-order. If I don't get a big cheque in Jan, I'll have to sell all of it. I'm gonna sell off the Clark Kent head and suit when I get this though. No interest. If I want CK I'll get the Medicom version.

So far I have on pre-order:
HT Superman $141 shipped
RAH Peter Parker $115 shipped
SS Darth Sidious/Palpatine $120 shipped
RAH Darth Maul $139 shipping together with
SS Old Man Obiwan $50 + $30 shipping for both
RAH Jango Fett $160 shipped

Ridiculous.

Last edited:

Yeah me to, i canceled all of my SS SW stuff cause i will be able to get that later on with no problem.These i'm not so sure of,So i'm just making sure i will have these.(as they are important figures to me)

Yeah me to, i canceled all of my SS SW stuff cause i will be able to get that later on with no problem.These i'm not so sure of,So i'm just making sure i will have these.(as they are important figures to me)

Well, the Peter Parker is limited, the Superman is limited, the Obi Wan is already sold out most places, the Maul is limited... !

The manufacturers are smart - they realize that if the product isn't limited, many people (like me) will wait 6 months to a year to get them half price on ebay. That way they make it limited to force you to buy it now or else buy it later at double the price...

I hear ya,were all sheep:D

I honestly didn't think they'd go this fast. 8 supermans left 9 Jor-El's

How much do they charge you for shipping to Texas? Did you ask for express or something?

I'm in Canada, and to ship one figure anywhere in the USA regular is usually about $14, or loose about $8.

Toys2's shipping rates to Canada are resonable, about cost.

I used the UPS option and it wasn't that bad. About $20.

I hope it's not just me, but has anyone else noticed that the shield's shape is off. Instead of it being the Superman: The Movie shield, it's the generic looking one. I hope they see this soon.

Hey.... Thanks. If it wasn't for this thread I'd never have known about the Jor El figure. Ordered mine today. I have the Hot toys Superman and Clark already. I think the Hot Toys clark is better than the Medicom one. The clothes are much better and the sculpt is great. Thanks again.

Grandpa always knows best

I used the UPS option and it wasn't that bad. About $20.

I don't know if it's the same thing When it's going from Canada to the USA, but when it goes from USA to Canada, UPS is a total nightmare. They slam you with customs charges 100% of the time (vs. like 10% of the time with the post office) plus they charge an insane amount of fees on top of that - a fee for taking it across the border, a fee for filling out the customs forms, and then a fee for charging you their fees!!!

A $50 figure ends up costing $100 with all the fees. That's *not* an exaggeration.

You should check to see if any Americans have had these experiences with UPS coming from Canada. I never, ever buy anything shipped UPS anymore he cause of these experiences. Plus they leave packages on your doorstep and they even destroyed a package coming to me. My friend drive, a UPS truck, and even he told we he never buys anything shipped UPS across the border.

You really might want to switch to the Post office! It'll save you alot of hassles and alot of money, even if the rate is higher! And actually, the actual cost for one boxed figure to the USA (unless it's super heavy) by post office is about $12, not $14, and with tracking it's $20, and express is under $25. Dont know what toys2 charges though.

Canada has a harsh customs tax. We don't get it coming the other way.

Back