Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping to get this before xmas but I doubt Alterego will get this before then.figures crossed tho

Has anyone contacted them yet about an E.T.A.? We ordered through there too and they are usually really helpful.

Yea I ordered from them too. Hoping to get mine by christmas since I ordered pretty early on

But here's this from AE's weekend newsletter:

Hot Toys Shipping Update

Jack Sparrow DX Figure - partial shipment arriving in mid-December. Remainder of shipment arriving in early January.

Captain America Figure - partial shipment arriving in late December. Remainder of shipment arriving in early January.

We appreciate your patience in waiting for these highly anticipated Hot Toys figures. Please note that we do not know how many figures we're getting in the partial shipments and we will be filling orders in the order that they were received.

SSC email for January 3 makes my order a bit of a dilemma, as BBTS may well start shipping their long telescope version earlier. If it turns out there are no OS shipping restrictions on the LT set, it'll set me back about $240 shipped with my POL. Sticking with SSC will set me back around $275 for the regular edition.

Worst case scenario is I cancel with SSC, get stung for shipping anyway if I leave it too late to cancel, BBTS tell me they can't ship this set OS after all, and SSC's set is then waitlisted.

Best case scenario BBTS ship the LT version next week and I cancel my order with SSC in time not to get stung for shipping.

If BBTS could guarantee they'd at least ship the regular edition if they can't ship the LT edition, it'd be a no-brainer :slap

SSC email for January 3 makes my order a bit of a dilemma, as BBTS may well start shipping their long telescope version earlier. If it turns out there are no OS shipping restrictions on the LT set, it'll set me back about $240 shipped with my POL. Sticking with SSC will set me back around $275 for the regular edition.

Worst case scenario is I cancel with SSC, get stung for shipping anyway if I leave it too late to cancel, BBTS tell me they can't ship this set OS after all, and SSC's set is then waitlisted.

Best case scenario BBTS ship the LT version next week and I cancel my order with SSC in time not to get stung for shipping.

If BBTS could guarantee they'd at least ship the regular edition if they can't ship the LT edition, it'd be a no-brainer :slap

Are you certain they will be getting the long telescope I ordered it, but according to my po the name has changed to Movie Masterpiece DX-06 - POTC IV 1/6 Scale Captain Jack Sparrow Collectible Figure , with no mention of the telescope I am not yet convinced they will be getting it.

And if that is the case the regular will not come till mid January

Are you certain they will be getting the long telescope I ordered it, but according to my po the name has changed to Movie Masterpiece DX-06 - POTC IV 1/6 Scale Captain Jack Sparrow Collectible Figure , with no mention of the telescope I am not yet convinced they will be getting it.

And if that is the case the regular will not come till mid January

Yeh, they used to show two separate listings, 'with' and 'without' - but the listing that has replaced them includes the long telescope in the specs. I don't even care so much about the long telescope - I mean it'd be nice and all - main thing is going with BBTS will be $30 cheaper for me. But if I cancel the SSC regular edition I now have processing, only for BBTS to turn around and say "sorry, we can't ship you this LT set and we don't have any regular sets we can throw your way", then that'd be a right bummer.

Just go ahead and order from BBTS. SS will have this in stock for at least a month.

Yeh, I'm at least leaning towards keeping my PO with both and seeing which one is processed first. I am guessing that SS only charge the shipping fee once it's actually left the warehouse, so hopefully a cancellation right up until the end of December should be ok if shipping is slated for the 3rd Jan.

Between CSC, Alterego and BBTS, which of them is the most reliable and ships the fastest internationally?

BBTS will cover shipping costs to and from the warehouse if the figure should need returning due to factory fault. Not sure whether CSC and AE offer this, but I've always prioritised a friendly return policy over fast shipping. BBTS usually ship a bit later than other places, but not always and not all that much later tbh.

Mine is showing shipping soon but I haven't been charged yet. These are usually how they ship out.

1. SS. Duh
2. CSC
3. AE
4. BBTS

Who orders from anywhere else?

SS you have to request a pack out if you want your outer box protected. I would list them this way for shipping.

1. CSC (outer box with green packing peanuts)
2. AE (outer box with paper stuffing)
3. BBTS (outer box with whatever they can find to brace it)
4. SS ( what you see is what you get)

This time im glad i POd mine from AE..
My capt A shipped yesterday,,then in a week or so my classic pred,,..thankfully AE isnt for at least a few more weeks,,especially with the kids birthdays as well as christmas all within 6 weeks of each other

SS you have to request a pack out if you want your outer box protected. I would list them this way for shipping.

Wow, a seasoned veteran! :hi5:

Actually, I have received quiet a few packages lately from BBTS and they all have some type of air bag plastic (not bubble wrap), which is very stiff and sturdy, ass well as some of that brown paper.

That was a bunch of Marvel Universe figures, Transformers Masterpieces and 1/6 figures.

I want this figure yesterday, Damnit! Will be the only DX in my collection until 89 Batman/Joker.

Back