Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How anyone thinks the EB is a BETTER sculpt is beyond me. Get your blinders off.

Here are the EB and HT:
attachment.php

This is the real Depp:
jack-sparrow.jpg

It's all in the eyes. HT nailed the eyes. Can't get any better.

Unless HT goes and cuts Depp's head off and does some 1/6 voodoo, which is what I swear some people here are expecting.

Really impressed with the new sculpt, It's equally as impressive as his serious face. :yess:

The only figure I have po'd at the moment..and what a figure it is! :clap:clap:clap:clap

I actually think the enterbay head is great!, but the lips do look oversized.

How anyone thinks the EB is a BETTER sculpt is beyond me. Get your blinders off.
maybe because when people think of eb's sculpt, they're thinking of that brilliant proto sculpt. but yeah, dont let me stop you from posting that new orange jack at every opportunity to help push your agenda.

Unless HT goes and cuts Depp's head off and does some 1/6 voodoo, which is what I swear some people here are expecting.
you know a sculpt is lacking when people need to use excuses like this to defend it. it's only the most tired cliche around.

i actually think the eyes are part of the problem, especially on the smirking jack.

I'm not using a proto HT though. It's the final product, that's how it came out (unlike EB). I'm not going to stop using the comparison because it's valid. And I couldn't care less about his orange skin. I'm looking at the sculpting.

And if someone can provide a better pic of production EB's sculpt, please go ahead.

But I think some people are being ridiculous in what they want, here sits a practically perfect sculpt, but it's considered "really bad" to some even when the comparison to the real Jack shows that there are hardly any faults. Cliches for cliche complaints.

Last edited:
The Smirk is a total miss imo.Those lips looks like a pout rather than what it was meant to be.
The rest looks great.

Here are the EB and HT:
attachment.php

This is the real Depp:
jack-sparrow.jpg

It's all in the eyes. HT nailed the eyes. Can't get any better.

I think both sculpts are great. However, Hot Toys did nail the eyes and the paint apps. EB's just has too much orange as many have said and the black eyeliner was way overdone and gave the sculpt Racoon eyes IMO. I am skipping the EB and picking up two HT's to display both sculpts.:)

I'm not using a proto HT though. It's the final product. I'm not going to stop using the comparison because it's valid. And I couldn't care less about his orange skin. I'm looking at the sculpting.

But I think some people are being ridiculous in what they want, here sits a practically perfect sculpt, but it's considered "really bad" to some even when the comparison to the real Jack shows that there are hardly any faults.
like i already pointed out before in other thread, it doesnt matter if eb's final sculpt is bad. the excellent eb's proto sculpt exists. so if you want to compare fairly, compare to that one instead. but you keep comparing it to an inferior sculpt to push your agenda that ht's sculpt "cant get any better", even when ht's history has shown us again and again that 'it CAN ALWAYS get better'.

mind you, i dont think this sculpt is "really bad". that ht sculpt is no slouch work, but "perfect sculpt" it also aint. and if you want to compare it to the real jack, i can point out that whenever jack is smirking his eyes always look relaxed, while on ht's smirking expression the gaze seems a bit too intense and focused. even the smirk seems forced, not relaxed. granted all the superficial elements are in the right place... bandana sits just right, the braided beard i'm sure are the perfect exact length and width, eyeliners? check. mustache? check. but still... it's missing something. i guess that 'missing something' is what separates a good sculpt to a truly great one?

i dont think i'm being ridiculous in expecting better. i have been wowed by ht figs before, so for me the feat is not impossible. i just wish i was wowed by this one also.

Last edited:
This sculpt is as close to perfection as any to date. Those thinking that it's not doesn't change that fact.

like i already pointed out before in other thread, it doesnt matter if eb's final sculpt is bad. the excellent eb's proto sculpt exists. so if you want to compare fairly, compare to that one instead. but you keep comparing it to an inferior sculpt to push your agenda that ht's sculpt "cant get any better", even when ht's history has shown us again and again that 'it CAN ALWAYS get better'.

mind you, i dont think this sculpt is "really bad". that ht sculpt is no slouch work, but "perfect sculpt" it also aint. and if you want to compare it to the real jack, i can point out that whenever jack is smirking his eyes always look relaxed, while on ht's smirking expression the gaze seems a bit too intense and focused. even the smirk seems forced, not relaxed. granted all the superficial elements are in the right place... bandana sits just right, the braided beard i'm sure are the perfect exact length and width, eyeliners? check. mustache? check. but still... it's missing something. i guess that 'missing something' is what separates a good sculpt to a truly great one?

i dont think i'm being ridiculous in expecting better. i have been wowed by ht figs before, so for me the feat is not impossible. i just wish i was wowed by this one also.

God you sound so pretenious. I think you're just looking for somebody to argue with at this point. :thwak

Really impressed with the new sculpt, It's equally as impressive as his serious face. :yess:

The only figure I have po'd at the moment..and what a figure it is! :clap:clap:clap:clap

I actually think the enterbay head is great!, but the lips do look oversized.

I think the EB sculpt is great, you can't knock em but as an overal package I was wright to buy the Dx but i knew that all along. The Dx which as far as I'm concerned is the best human figure I've seen to date. Judging from Wook's review, looks 10 out 10. Can't wait to get him :)

Back