Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The smirk face!!

6308460054_fc1985db6d_b.jpg

6307939817_b17cf44a28_b.jpg

6307937991_20370cea9a_b.jpg

6307935931_f8f4107f76_b.jpg

Hot Toys overall figure looks better then EB however EB actual likeness of Depp is much stronger. I love how HT tried to memic EB with the smirking sculpt too. :lol

Hot Toys overall figure looks better then EB however EB actual likeness of Depp is much stronger. I love how HT tried to memic EB with the smirking sculpt too. :lol

Yeah, I really wish they would stop that.
Why do they feel the need to try and put a smaller company out of business? It seems quite personal and _____y.
I still really like the EB head as well, this looks like an overall better package though.

Yeah, I really wish they would stop that.
Why do they feel the need to try and put a smaller company out of business
? It seems quite personal and _____y.
I still really like the EB head as well, this looks like an overall better package though.

HT said that out of all the smiling sculpts they made for chances at approval this was the one that got approved. As far as I know, the reason we didn't get the first teeth showing sculpt was b/c it wasn't initially approved by Disney which was why HT took the pics down, which also means that Disney more than likely were the ones that approved this final version and if Disney had to approve this one, it means they had to approve the EB one as well which could be why they are so similar. Disney may just like Jack with a smirk vs teeth showing jolly Jack :dunnoI personally doubt it had anything to do with HT "picking on the little guy"

:dunnoI personally doubt it had anything to do with HT "picking on the little guy"

Dunno mate, seems like everything EB does HT has to make a point of doing better (or saying they will..)

I mean what about Bruce Lee? HT announced a rubber muscle body just when everyone was waiting on the EB version. A rushed out image of something that never arrived, to steal any thunder EB might have. The 1/4 scale T2 Enterbay release has been raved about, then HT suddenly announced they were gonna do 1/4 scale. The list goes on and on.

But anyway regardless, this rocks. I would have loved to see a little more expression, both are very subdued. But can't wait to get my hands on it.

:yess:

I will agree HT does tend to generally want to smack down other companies... but in the case of the smirk it seems to be more related to the license holder.

But in all honesty I'm not complaining if HT can put out a far superior figure for $90 less.

The smirk face looks really...bad. I miss the old one. The ultimate figure would be Enterbay's head on the Hot Toy's body.

So does any 1 know for sure if this is gonna be shipped this month or even better a date? Sorry in advance if I missed all this.

I hated the original "non approved" smiling face but the smirking face is just 100% awesome!!! I am so happy looking at these in hand pictures, think I'll buy some flowers for my wife tonight!!!

The smirk face looks really...bad. I miss the old one. The ultimate figure would be Enterbay's head on the Hot Toy's body.

And to me, that's what we're getting, only better, I love this new sculpt, it's exactly what I want.

Back