Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to imagine, if they really used animal fur for that little item, it's because real fur was as reasonable to acquire and use or more so than fake one, I just dont' see any reason to use real fur for a toy like this if it's not beneficial from a production cost standpoint, espeically where animal rights folks will probably flip over it's use, it's enough making coats and things actually useful to survive, a little decoration on a toy is just absurd.

I've heard those Martens are jerks anyway.

:monkey3

Seriously though, how many of these figures are actually being made. I suspect that the amount of fur needed for the entire run wouldn't be much more than the amount need for one human size coat.

Animal rights activists need to bark up a different tree.

Last edited:
I have to say I do think its lame they used real fur for that thing on his belt.

I love that it's not molded but why fur from a real animal?

What I would have REALLY loved if they gave him a real metal sword and not a plastic one

From what iv'e heard they are going to make the sword metal.

I've heard those Martens are jerks anyway.

:monkey3

Seriously though, how many of these figures are actually being made. I suspect that the amount of fur needed for the entire run wouldn't be much more than the amount need for one human size coat.

Animal rights activists need to back up a different tree.

I heard the exclusive telescope is made out of elephant tusks and the rum bottle is filled with embryonic stem cells.

I hear sometimes rich white guys hunt elephants but I live in America and love fast food so that can't be true.

I think they have done a fantastic job on the sculpt and outfit and it would have been nice if the long telescope, had been a sideshow exclusive, so more people that wanted it could have gotten it, myself included and all of this pales to utter insignificance in light of the fact that I don’t understand why the D X-04 & 05 come with a double sided background picture, but not the DX 06, I know that it comes with the ships wheel, but the Sweeny Todd comes with the chair and a background picture and it’s not a DX. At the price point that it’s going for, I for one think it should be included. I realize the stand is not designed to support one, but would be a nice thing to include none the less. I think one side should be of the stern of the Black Pearl to display Jack at the wheel with his hat and coat on and the other side so you can display him with them off, perhaps of a jungle. Do you think it would be too late for one to be added?

They could still add one, but I personally never use those since they don't fit in a detolf.

I'm actually rather suprised they never shortened them to fit in a detolf shelf. ALot of us use them, and they only need to cut about an inch of em.

I think they have done a fantastic job on the sculpt and outfit and it would have been nice if the long telescope, had been a sideshow exclusive, so more people that wanted it could have gotten it, myself included and all of this pales to utter insignificance in light of the fact that I don’t understand why the D X-04 & 05 come with a double sided background picture, but not the DX 06, I know that it comes with the ships wheel, but the Sweeny Todd comes with the chair and a background picture and it’s not a DX. At the price point that it’s going for, I for one think it should be included. I realize the stand is not designed to support one, but would be a nice thing to include none the less. I think one side should be of the stern of the Black Pearl to display Jack at the wheel with his hat and coat on and the other side so you can display him with them off, perhaps of a jungle. Do you think it would be too late for one to be added?

Welcome to the forum SirWobin :wave

Personally I'm not into the dioramas that feature photographic elements - I'm more than happy with the rudder/wheel on its own. Those who want photographic backdrop will be disappointed as chances of them including one are pretty much zero I'd say.

these pics have me wondering if I should order a 4th???

flipper.jpg

That's it! After seeing these pics, I decided to throw the AWE and Cannibal King on eBay. This will no doubt be my favorite hot toys piece! Thanks Lambo for posting these! I seriously can't wait!

Do it quickly, as the prices are dropping.

Oh they added a bottle of rum afterall I see. Man all this is already incredible, the 2nd face is going to be the icing on the cake on this one.

Oh they added a bottle of rum afterall I see. Man all this is already incredible, the 2nd face is going to be the icing on the cake on this one.

Figured they would. The first one wasn't listed with one either but eventually came with one. Looks like its the same bottle actually. Reused bottle is better than no bottle at though!

It's too bad they're recycling the bottle and paint scheme, it's a small accessory but I think it could really shine their skills to do a more transparent bottle with a fake rum inside, kind of like Sideshow's Jabba throne bowl.

Back