Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX Spec + Pics

Absolutely AMAZING! Glad I unloaded my AWE Jack a while back in favor of this DX. Consider this one BOUGHT! :rock :rock :rock

Now give us Captain Barbossa and Blackbeard...

Personally I love the cannibal version. The head with the makeup was so, so Jack.
I ended up cleaning the make-up off and just using it that way as I was so impressed with the likeness.

Oh I see. Yeah, it captured the likeness of Jack there..I just didn't bought last time & choose AWE instead cause it lacks the hat & the jacket..

Chock full of win!

Not going to hesitate on this one when it goes up for preorder.

Can't wait to have Jack among the other greats in the Detolfs.

no bottle of rum ??? wtf ??

pass......................:monkey3

It still amazes me how people act like they don't see Depp in this sculpt... I swear some people are either in need of glasses or as the Joker said in '89 "...an enema!"

People seem to forget these are not 1:1 scale... no likeness has ever been perfect in that scale... it's just not possible, it can be close but it will never perfect.

Same goes with the tailoring (Yeah, Kato is a different story, though still not perfect)... but in mass production?, forget about it.

I really only liked the first Pirates film, i think it's a great looking figure but i don't think i like the movie well enough to drop the cash on it.

However, it's definitely tempting.

M.

Some people are never F$%^# happy and I think just enjoy complaining. There's no other explanation for it.

Some people are never F$%^# happy and I think just enjoy complaining. There's no other explanation for it.

That's why the Hot Toys Indiana Jones thread is like, a thousand pages long.

Been waiting for this Sparrow figure for a LONG time. I'm stoked.

Looks fantastic. 2nd Q is kind of quick though... I hope its a little later than that so I can save up some $. :)

Being a Saints fan. Duh.
Ah. From that perspective, hell, my ability to use human language at all is pretty impressive, don't you think?

I thought you might be referring to my chronic Hot Toys fanboy-ism.

The first post left about it has a complaint. Amazing.

This looks great. I think this is a definite b-day present for the wifey.

:goodpost: :exactly:
Yeah exactly, some times I think you could take an actual picture of a character & make out it's a figure & some people would still moan & say they see no resemblance, crazy :cuckoo: Still, I'm happy with it & that's all that matters to me ;)

Being a Saints fan. Duh.

That's not as debilitating a disease now since they won a Super Bowl. Now being a Falcons fan, ...... just saying :lol

211407fl2s83lv2v7p9s7p.jpg

211356o6wuvuuo4b6qr8a6.jpg

Ok. NOW I'm getting Depp here. Only a few of the official HT pics look like Depp, but these here definitely show Depp to me. Why is it the official pics never looks as good as ones shot at shows or in glass cases? :cuckoo:

HT has taken the lead from Enterbay now with these. I'll still wait to see what they offer though.

This is getting interesting.

Edit: Boots and hands do look a tad too large and face/head looks a tad too small.

It's from AWE, Teague holds up Jack's mom's head shrunken on string, at the end of the movie Jack has it hanging from his belt on the left side and still has it on him in OST.

Ah, I see it now. It's facing away from the viewer.

Now I have to go back and watch AWE to look for it.

EDIT: I think Hot Toys is deliberately making HUGE bases for DXs so they won't share shelf space in Detolfs. :lol

That's why the Hot Toys Indiana Jones thread is like, a thousand pages long.

Been waiting for this Sparrow figure for a LONG time. I'm stoked.

Well, in all fairness... The Indy doesn't look like Ford to me... i said all i needed to say in the thread a few pages in and then stayed away. If HT fixes it, cool... if not, i won't buy it.

But this looks a lot like Depp, and those that say otherwise are crazy. :slap

M.

That is such a beautiful figure...

I hate the movies, but the tailoring and sculpting alone is worth whatever they charge.

Back