Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the magnets that came sewn onto the sash. I unpicked and removed them. I've placed one inside the "flap" and one underneath the part of the sash that hangs down so that they keep the flap flat against the fig otherwise it tends to stick out.

Man, I need to learn from you guy and futz the figure properly.

I only just had time to open mine and take a good look at it last night. Like all the TrueType slims I own, the shoulders don't rotate, so I had to strip him and loosen the screws. After which, I don't know how to do the sash back up properly, and now's it's a bit of a mess.

I'm definitely going to be saving those tute pics for future reference.

Most of the time, I'm able to find 'the one' pose, which I think works best for display and settle on it. But this figure is capable of so many brilliant ones, it looks like I'll have no choice but to switch it up every now and then for the first few months!

Here's some pics I've taken!

56870076.jpg

47728850.jpg

31816521.jpg

64049978.jpg

17701346.jpg

67500231.jpg

42505273.jpg

30346371.jpg

9jpgp.jpg

88496655.jpg

^Great pics man, looks amazing.

I know it's not your fault it's just the way the figure comes but the sash just looks horrible there but anyway hope your enjoying your jack.

It's the magnets that came sewn onto the sash. I unpicked and removed them. I've placed one inside the "flap" and one underneath the part of the sash that hangs down so that they keep the flap flat against the fig otherwise it tends to stick out.

Best sash tutorial I've see and it looks awesome. Thanks! :rock

Mikey, the one's that fit the aesthetic best IMO are these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jewelry-Tr...702?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3375105116

Keywords: Pirate, Chest, Gothic, Jewelry

They really look great for 1:6 scale without looking like cheap trinket boxes!

I've seen these come in a variety of sizes, Biggest are around 8-10 long, 4-5 inches high, smallest are around 4 inches long by about 2/12 high. I love the overall shape and weathering on these (most are around 50 years old). Just make sure you look out for missing pieces, for me I have to have all the lion heads in place plus the center clasp.

It's funny how creative minds think alike.

Good Luck!

Mikey, the one's that fit the aesthetic best IMO are these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jewelry-Tr...702?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3375105116

Keywords: Pirate, Chest, Gothic, Jewelry

They really look great for 1:6 scale without looking like cheap trinket boxes!

I've seen these come in a variety of sizes, Biggest are around 8-10 long, 4-5 inches high, smallest are around 4 inches long by about 2/12 high. I love the overall shape and weathering on these (most are around 50 years old). Just make sure you look out for missing pieces, for me I have to have all the lion heads in place plus the center clasp.

It's funny how creative minds think alike.

Good Luck!

Ordered one of those!! Thanks! :hi5:

Now Id like to find a good 1:6 scale throne type chair....

Back