Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys thought I would show off my Jack a little. I haven't finished all the things I wanna do yet but here is a cool little mod I just finished. I noticed a lot of people really like the cloth bandanna from the Medi Jack. I too like the look of the cloth and wanted one for my HT Jack since I prefer the overall look of this one better. Anyway used scans I took of a replica Jack bandanna and created one that fits on the head of the HT Jack. I think it turned out really cool and I'm very pleased with it. Take a look!
DSCN4404.jpg

DSCN4405.jpg

any plans on selling those bandanas ? looks awesome by the way :)

Rob

i agree - I would be interested in buying one provided it was a little darker in colour. I would also buy a sash if you made one.

any plans on selling those bandanas ? looks awesome by the way :)

Rob

Yes he does, his said so 2 posts before yours
Hint taken sir lol I actually do plan on making these just not quite ready yet

I can work on the print to make it darker...but it also looks lighter than it really is due to the lighting I will try and come up with a darker one tonight

Looks great I think! I would use a thinner cotton material though for the scale and the knot size.

I had used a pretty thin material for my custom COTBP Jack bandana and it still wasn't thin enough to get a good looking knot. So I glued the shape of the bandana down and made piece of the cloth look like a knot with the tails and glued that to the back of the bandana. It looks like its tied you just can't take it off anymore :lol but that's what I plan on doing with whitekite's if he still decides to make them available

SAM_1798.jpg

The material is the thinnest I can get in cotton. The knot is going to be tough to pull off because of the scale. I am thinking of offering these to where they are ironed to the right size but I will leave some excess for futzing and stuff.

First post here guys. I just had to tell you my good news. My first Hot Toys figure will be arriving tomorrow. Can't wait to open the box. I only hope there's a captain in there somewhere. :rotfl

Hopefully no errors concerning the loose ankles, tiny tricorn or cross-eyed head-sculpt.

Finally, after 3.5 months waiting.

The captain has arrived. I have 2 remarks though.
Is it normal that my wheelbase is wiggling after i put in the knot?
There seems to be an error with the magnet in his hairpiece, it comes off the hairsculpt if I want to change the head. Do I need a special glue to attach the magnet in the hairsculpt?

Thx in advance

Last edited:
Hello guys, I am a bit of a OCD collector, I don't really like to buy anything someone else has opened and returned. Jack is gunna be my first purchase in over a year.

My question is: If I really want one that is unopened, should I buy the regular version from sideshow rather than exclusive/telescope one?? My reasoning is that most purchasers that purchased from sideshow purchased the exclusive one (telescope), ergo, most of the returns are exclusive box sets.

I remember seeing the quantity of exclusive hit super low a few weeks before its release. I am guessing the extra stock of exclusive Jacks they have now are returned items??

(posted it on the gohastings thread in the star wars section but thought I would post here too.)

My first official Captain Jack Sparrow, took advantage of the gohastings 29% coupon.

He arrived in the original Hot Toys packaging as if he came from sideshow directly. I was really surprised the box was in good Shape. Doesn't look like it was a displayed piece but I could be wrong.

Also, I was a little surprised that its the Sideshow Exclusive version with the exclusive telescope, didn't think it would be that one. Cool little extra. Can't wait to have some time to set him up.

IMG_3386.jpg

I ordered from cornerstorecomics and it was:

a) cheaper than sideshow

and

b) I got the exclusive telescope regardless

and

c) sealed in the original cardboard shipping box. Pretty new.

Anyone have any good tips on how to re-wrap the sash? Undid mine to adjust the belts and futz him up a bit, and now I'm hot happy with how I've ended up with the sash. :(

AMAZING figure though. WOW. HT figure of 2011 IMO. :rock

See post 7668 -- its a video that I think would work pretty well as a guide. Just zip to the end because like most videographers he likes to hear himself talk.

hey guy so I got the extra hair piece to work on today. So I will start tonight with some shots of how to take apart the bandana put on the new one so you dont permenately change the original.

Back