Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Jack Sparrow DX06 Spec + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love it! No certain angles or special lighting needed. Right out of the box it's instantly recognizable.

Agreed out of box near perfection. I still stubbornly defend the HT Indy Jones as Ford is a difficult face to sculpt - through the history of action figures trying his likeness.
I dislike comparisons between this and Indy. A guy in a jacket and khakis has much less visual impact than this over-the-top outfit!

Agreed out of box near perfection. I still stubbornly defend the HT Indy Jones as Ford is a difficult face to sculpt - through the history of action figures trying his likeness.
I dislike comparisons between this and Indy. A guy in a jacket and khakis has much less visual impact than this over-the-top outfit!

Comparing the visual impact and wow factor of both would be silly as Jack does have more flash to him, however, you can compare the ability of each to well represent the character from the movie, and I believe that's where most people are making the comparison, that this figure looks like Depp right off the screen where Indy falls short for a variety of reasons.

Indy is just as complex but in different ways. I really hope to see a second effort from HT when it comes to Indy... Silly as it sounds, I bought the figure in hope that HT would do a TOD version. Assuming that sculpt is better, I'll throw that on my ROTLA version.

I got my Jack today from AE, which was scheduled tomorrow for delivery. It was a nice surprise to have him earlier than I expected. Seeing this guy up close in person is a sight to behold. He's back in his box for now until I make room for him in my Detolf.

Got my two Jacks from AE too.

One of them has a fairly loose right leg though... annoying but I guess I can deal with it. Maybe.

I picked up the SSC exclusive one with the telescope. This is pretty well done I have to say.

Got my extra DX shirt and hat from TA today and out of all the extra pieces that I've bought, the hat isn't as great as I thought it would be. Definitely going to try to mod it to be more accurate to OST. It's quite simply put together and so I don't feel to worried about messing it up.

6547649309_71795e0bc0_b.jpg

6547649589_00e75ce2a0_b.jpg

6547649885_c30c4a153b_b.jpg

Just bumped Superman down to the 2nd shelf in my detolf to make room for Captain Jack :D:D Should be getting him early January...can't freaking wait!!!!

Back