OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread..FINALLY A PHOTO!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread

"Kept you waiting,huh?"

comicvn.jpg

Considering I've got my MGS Armored Metalboss figure en route now, I'd be OK with a Raiden from Reverence...

*puts crowinghorse on ignore list*

*puts crowinghorse on ignore list*

I didn't say *ONLY* a MGR:R Raiden, I simply want another Raiden figure as the Medicom one is WAY too spendy on the secondary market...

Thankfully, Square Enix is adding him to the Kai line, so I'll get that for sure...

I didn't say *ONLY* a MGR:R Raiden, I simply want another Raiden figure as the Medicom one is WAY too spendy on the secondary market...

Thankfully, Square Enix is adding him to the Kai line, so I'll get that for sure...

Man... I'd seriously take any MGS figure that they'd release :(. I think Raiden would be good, but just not a good choice of a first figure from them. We still don't know how many figures Hot Toys actually has planned, so Snake should be prioritized first (either Big Boss or Solid Snake) and then they should consider the other characters down the line.

By the way Jess, I remember you did a review on RAH Raiden back in 2008. Did you sell your figure? I still have mine. As dated as he is, he still looks great - way better in comparison than my RAH Old Snake figure :lol.

Although it does suck for them, It's nice to see HT pissing off some other collectors for a change

Last edited:

Raiden would probably be a good first choice actually when you think about it. MGS fans will be more than happy to get their hands on any major character and he functions as one of the three main characters of the franchise. The reason he works well as the first choice is because they missed the anniversary, but they will most likely be able to make it in time for or quite before Rising. This will create a lot of hype specifically for Raiden.

It's also good because non MGS fans will still be interested. People with Iron Man and other robotic like characters will likely see a lot of appeal in a high quality humanoid looking male.

Finally it would make a really good figure to be blunt. He would have a lot of options. You could have the visor or the exposed eyes. You could also have his trench coat on top (I absolutely love that look) and make use of his various weapons.

Oh and as a side note it would hopefully strengthen a relationship between Platinum Games and Hot Toys, which could lead to one of my most desired high quality 1/6 figures: Bayonetta. Could also lead to Vanquish and Madworld and such. If Raiden does well they could grab the license for Anarchy Reigns and that game is full of designs that would make excellent figures.

Although it does suck for them, It's nice to see HT pissing off some other collectors for a change

Definitely. Man.. the DX-10 thread is just brutal :lol.

By the way Jess, I remember you did a review on RAH Raiden back in 2008. Did you sell your figure? I still have mine. As dated as he is, he still looks great - way better in comparison than my RAH Old Snake figure :lol.

Yeah - I actually sold both MIB ones I had and I customized my third (which was broken) and turned it into a sci-fi assassin warrior of my own design (based on Raiden's body) - as the body was already sort of androgynous, I made my character female. See below:

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0001-2.jpg

DSC_0010-2.jpg

DSC_0016-1.jpg

impressive work! looks a bit like the ninjas from the original half life.

OMG OMG OMG!

Not actually that keen on the sculpts or the version of Snake we're getting, that sneaking suit is horrible.

OMG OMG OMG!

Not actually that keen on the sculpts or the version of Snake we're getting, that sneaking suit is horrible.

:exactly: BDU Combat far better.

mgs3d1.jpg

Boss using Chris Reeves headsculpt. Ill probably end up getting the snake only because its a snake. Not in my top 3 choices of outfit id like though.

:exactly: BDU Combat far better.

mgs3d1.jpg

Yeah that's the best look. My personal favourite camo was the Snake suit you obtained from beating the boss non lethally.

Anyways, maybe he comes with a 2nd suit, who knows! Eager to find out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back