OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread..FINALLY A PHOTO!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread

.............. and recently annouced HT Bow & Arrow Guy is up and nothing about Metal Gear. I hate Hot Toys and their mother.

Lot of hate, actual venomous hatred for HT lately. And deservedly so. So far this year, Enterbay have my interest piqued.

We have to start considering that most of us - MGS fans - *will* wait for a high-quality HT 12" figure while, as has been pointed out, most "flash in the pan" Avengers fans probably wouldn't still be interested in a Hawkeye 12" figure a year after the movie is released...

I'm a HUGE proponent of what HT has done for the hobby of 1/6th collecting, though - that said - the things they are now doing now is irritating fans because, like any popular company who can't grow as fast as their fan/customer base, they have the habit of making an announcement in order to hook fans...and then....fans wait...and wait...and wait...for the figures...which were announced...a long...long...long...time ago...

Examples - besides MGS - include Avatar, Captain Harlock, and Sucker Punch. Thankfully, Sucker Punch and Avatar will at least see release soon, though there's obviously no real rush on HT's part to even show Harlock or MGS prototypes.

Again, the "die-hard" fandom of these properties is no doubt a part of the reason HT is not in any real rush, though one would think the time between the announcement and the actual look at a prototype would be less than...what's it been now? Almost 15 months?

Again, I can only hope and pray the 12" MGS HT figures are worth the wait as, if there are even a bit disappointing, people will jump all over HT for it!

And obviously InFlames is getting in on the action while the interest is there and releasing the MetalBoss figures - sadly, Hot Toys' inaction has no doubt in part caused InFlames' growth in popularity and, if anything, increased the desire for these "bootleg" MGS figures.

Funny thing IMHO is HT was quick to anger about the whole MetalBoss thing, but HT originally made a number of figures which were considered "questionable" in terms of licensing, including unauthorized figures of George Lucas (director), Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise, MI:2), and Neo (Keanu Reeves, Matrix) - considering HT's own beginning and InFlames start now, one has to wonder where InFlames could be 5 years from now, especially considering how many fans are impressed with the Metalboss figures -- just imagine what InFlames could have done with the official license!!

Wished ThreeA had the license instead of HT. I feel that they'll do a better job.

It pisses me off to no end that bootlegs are making more money and more figures even though they are bootleg, it just shows how inactive and behind that HT are

ThreeA figures would be great, they'd be kindof artsy, but i'd still want realistic looking figures too

Man... it's been asked already, but can someone please lock this thread until we get some official news? :monkey2

funny-pictures-sad-cat-blackandwhite.jpg

:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Christ!!!! Avengers gets a new teaser the same :censored day a new figure goes up for order, what a load of bull____ :mad:

It's not just MGS, there is a whole list of licenses announced and ditched to cash-in on fanboy fools with more money than sense, half of them have admitted to not liking Hawkeye that much but ordering it anyway so they can say they have a full team.

:censored Hot Toys.

Christ!!!! Avengers gets a new teaser the same :censored day a new figure goes up for order, what a load of bull____ :mad:

It's not just MGS, there is a whole list of licenses announced and ditched to cash-in on fanboy fools with more money than sense, half of them have admitted to not liking Hawkeye that much but ordering it anyway so they can say they have a full team.

:censored Hot Toys.

Tell us how you really feel.

Ive given up on this line HT will be focusing on Arkham City now more then Metal Gear even though Id rather have a Snake any day but HT see Bats as $$$$...

I'm really... And jealous at the same time. I wish we got previews and new figures for this line and RE. :( sighs...

I want solid gear toys metal hot.

You know what's going to suck more than not getting a MGS figure? Hot Toys will probably just give us one Solid Snake or Big Boss figure and then the line will be over.

You know what's going to suck more than not getting a MGS figure? Hot Toys will probably just give us one Solid Snake or Big Boss figure and then the line will be over.

At this point, I'm not expecting much from Hot toys. One or two figures is probably the most that they'd ever plan on doing.

But, imagine if they just release one Raiden figure from "Revengeance" and leave it at that :monkey4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back