OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread..FINALLY A PHOTO!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread

Im sure these toys will be awesome. But its also going to be a nightmare and there will be alot of displeased people once the pictures start turning up because of head sculpts. The same as the playarts stuff. With the older games you kind of had a personal interpretation of what their faces were like so when you get somebody elses interpretation on a figure you have anticipated for ages you feel short changed.

Im sure these toys will be awesome. But its also going to be a nightmare and there will be alot of displeased people once the pictures start turning up because of head sculpts. The same as the playarts stuff. With the older games you kind of had a personal interpretation of what their faces were like so when you get somebody elses interpretation on a figure you have anticipated for ages you feel short changed.

Well said sir, well said.

I think sculptors would have trouble trying to create Snake based upon PS2 and Shinkawa's artwork. I'm hoping for a realistic interpretation; but is there a nice supply of beautifully rendered CG imagery of MGS3 Snake before and after the HD release? Well, I'm assuming Kojima supplied hot toys sculptors with all of that.

I think the best snake was the original prototype from in flames toys. I hope they can top.

It sucks that HT didn't care to actually give an update in these things from milk magazine on their facebook, they know people are waiting impatiently for updates and they still don't provide them.

MGS5 has been confirmed. Don't know what to think about this... I guess this is the third time Kojima said he'd retire lol

metal-gear-solid-5-pc-1329903189-001.jpg

metal-gear-solid-5-pc-1329903189-002.jpg

:rock :rock :rock :rock Can't wait to get more info about MGS5!!! :rock :rock :rock

I just saw the announcement about the entire Avengers team already being produced.

Hot Toys, it's about time you give us prototype pics of Snake.. and right now, I don't care who (Naked Snake or Solid Snake). You better step on that gas pedal, as it's been more than a year since you announced us you have the MGS license on board.

I'm seriously considering writing an email to both Hot Toys and Kojima Productions, just to add to whoever is already emailing them about the non-release of Hot Toys figures. :tap

What is going on with this people have said i was announced more than a year ago how come they havent made the figures yet?

..and then, they announce Batman: Arkham City (although another must-have), which is a Video Game HT figure that will be released AHEAD of the earlier-announced Metal Gear Solid figures. :tap :slap

the Batman announcement (although fantastic) makes this feel miles further away than it already was.

if HT has proved anything it's that they'll stick to the same franchise and delay others, it seems Batman is gonna monopolise the VGM series too.

The little hope for MGS just went to no hope :(

Last edited:

MGS is huge in Asia,specially Japan and HT knows it so they won't let this chance slip away.
I hope it's because of the sneaking suit if that's the one they will go for.

I still wonder what they're going to open with on this one. I'd love a Big Boss in a sneaking suit or other camo. But I'd probably love a MGS Snake first.

Obviously opening with sneak suit Big Boss as we have already seen a square of the bicep of the suit.

That pic was just a square of the render showing detail of the suit. not a pic of the suit itself

I think anything shown so long ago — especially such a small snippet — can't be taken as a sure-fire sign of what will be released first. I'm not sure I even correlate the sneaking suit from MGS3 with Big Boss. Portable Ops & Peace Walker sneaking suits for me!

MGS is huge in Asia,specially Japan and HT knows it so they won't let this chance slip away.
I hope it's because of the sneaking suit if that's the one they will go for.

I think HT is waiting for MGS5 .. :monkey3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back