OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread..FINALLY A PHOTO!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread

They really are quite royally taking the piss though now.

I mean, unless they pull a Resi 4 and reveal 5 figures at once, going to be dissappinting. :(

Time to spam HT daily. :lecture

I think HT sees this as a big Ace in the pocket. MGS stuff will sell anytime; it's getting people to buy ALL their Avengers figures. Arkham Bats will sell more with the batman buzz TDKR will bring. Not to mention all the actual stuff from that film. Bane will need help from the buzz if he's going to be a good seller. It's all about striking while the iron is hot and marketing strategy.

Still agree that they need to get on this :lecture

MGS5 has been confirmed. Don't know what to think about this... I guess this is the third time Kojima said he'd retire lol

metal-gear-solid-5-pc-1329903189-001.jpg

metal-gear-solid-5-pc-1329903189-002.jpg

The MG facebook page just posted this in reference to a 'bigger picture' coming together:

428589_10150566231620986_285152375985_9409388_868315714_n.jpg

Can't wait for the next game :rock

Could be a vita game, never know

Lol! You might be right, but I hope it is a PS3 game. :slap

Anyway, I thought MGS transcends the 'strike the metal while it's hot' idiom. MGS fans (and there are a lot) will buy anything no matter what time period (parallel release with a new game or post-release). MGS figures also attract the Military collectors, so you already have two (2) masses of buyers. Why keep delaying? I just don't understand. Don't they have enough employees to work on MGS and their Batman/Avengers/Predator daily work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd rather these delayed than see release with poor quality from being rushed out/not given the proper attention. The problem is there's no slowing down at HT with other crap to produce and announce. This license deserves a little priority!

Yesterday, my credit card was charged for Gray Fox, though I haven't received an email confirmation.

Anyone else?

I ordered from PowerAnime.com

The MG facebook page just posted this in reference to a 'bigger picture' coming together:

428589_10150566231620986_285152375985_9409388_868315714_n.jpg

Can't wait for the next game :rock
Anyone notice "Diamond Dogs" is an album by David Bowie released in 1974? Not sure if it's been mentioned but i'm sure it has some significance. Especially since Kojima wanted to use Bowies "Major Tom" song in MGS3.

Set in 1974 perhaps?

Lol! You might be right, but I hope it is a PS3 game. :slap

Anyway, I thought MGS transcends the 'strike the metal while it's hot' idiom. MGS fans (and there are a lot) will buy anything no matter what time period (parallel release with a new game or post-release). MGS figures also attract the Military collectors, so you already have two (2) masses of buyers. Why keep delaying? I just don't understand. Don't they have enough employees to work on MGS and their Batman/Avengers/Predator daily work?

if i recall Portable op and Peace Walker were teased in such a manner, people expected console to find they were handhelds.

You're dead on the money about military figures, most MGS characters has military clothing harnesses, knives and guns

People used to say they were waiting for...

25th anniversary
The play arts to come
Snake Eater 3DS
HD Collection
3A Rex

They need to stop waiting and get making :lecture

Just pretended to be sarcastic man..but I'm agree with you :wink1:

To tell the truth, at this stage the MGS figures already should have been released since the official announced, and HT are wrong to give priority to certain figures and re-releases rather than MGS imo.

With the announcement of BAC yesterday, has become clear that HT is totally unpredictable :horror

We should all bombard the Hot Toys Facebook page and tell them to hurry up with MGS.

I would but im too pussio to put my love for this stuff on my FB

They really are quite royally taking the piss though now.

I mean, unless they pull a Resi 4 and reveal 5 figures at once, going to be dissappinting. :(

Time to spam HT daily. :lecture

Indeed!

Folks are asking for Batman or Joker AC to be DX, which though cool would be spitting in the face of the VGM fans. To have an adapted game not an original IP as the first VGM to to be a DX is blasphemy :pfft:

This year has the most games and publicity for the longest time, so this is THE YEAR of Metal Gear.

25th anniversary
HD Collection on Consoles
Play Arts figures of the original
Snake Eater 3DS
Rex by 3A

Everything EXCEPT Hot Toys :slap

This is all I hear when I read posts in this thread:

[ame]https://youtu.be/8mWW6kRITEY[/ame]

This year has the most games and publicity for the longest time, so this is THE YEAR of Metal Gear.

25th anniversary
HD Collection on Consoles
Play Arts figures of the original
Snake Eater 3DS
Rex by 3A

Everything EXCEPT Hot Toys :slap

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_cSnpoKMMk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_cSnpoKMMk[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back