OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread..FINALLY A PHOTO!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread

I dont mind them making iron mans, gives me hoope their version of gray fox will be amazing! When they finally get around to making him.

well its been a year since the mgs license announcement and still nothing. they should at least give us a bloody update on the situation. They arent even telling us what figures they will make. Oh well at least the dark knight rises license announcement and predator 1/4th scale announcement was some good news.

Do you think they are battling it out in court with Inflames-Headplay or something, is what's keeping the announcement?

A source from the Inflames-Headplay company posted saying that the Battle-Armor version of Big Boss (Metal Boss line) won't be released after all. :tap

the wait will be worth it.

Money-wink.gif

I'm assuming the figure need alot of R&D. Its quite the complicated sneaking suit.

at least thats what im hoping. maybe we'll get a sneak peak by the euro HD collection release?

^lol

When's that out again?

if you meant the HD collection in Europe then 3rd of Feb. so its in time for the Play Arts figs and the 3A Rex drop. HT better follow suit with at least a sneak peak :lecture

News? Of course not. Just a series of pointless posts again... :monkey4

This is fricken maddening, every couple of days HT announce something "new", most of the time it's not new just a remake and they ignore all the fans waiting for this and other licenses not yet even started even though they were announced long ago.

It's not hard to say "it's coming don't worry" but they don't :gah:

The problem I think is that Hot Toys bites off too much that they can chew and announces it way too early and I actually think that some of the early licenses were costing them for a while and that is why we see endless re-releases of the same figure in variants. Plus they want to get the most out of the licenses they have.

That being said, when they acquire a license, and the movie doesn't do well (i.e. Green Lantern) it doesn't bode well for Hot Toys because they know the anticipation for the character won't be so high because you know some people will be like: "Ehh...well the movie wasn't that great so I'm going to pass.". Hence they concentrate on the items that are money-makers first and slowly release the other stuff here and there as "catch up". Besides...they have time too. They can have the GL license for three years for example, and even if they put out ONE or maybe TWO figures, they can wait three years to do it.

Plus, if their license time is running out on Iron Man 2 and The Dark Knight (for example), they know those are sure-fire money-makers and they want to put out a little more and make a profit from it. I'm surprised they haven't done a DX Two-Face or perhaps a James Gordon yet.

Personally, I'm with you...why all of a sudden these 1/4 figures and other things when you have yet to catch up on other licenses?

im just curious to see which games they do, hopefully all of them i didnt play too much peace walker so im ok if it gets skipped. i really hope they go all out with this license, hoping to see all the bosses

Maybe they are simply waiting for the release of MGS3D to announce it. Usually they time these things with releases.

Maybe they are simply waiting for the release of MGS3D to announce it. Usually they time these things with releases.

I used to think so, but not anymore. MGS 3D is just a port of MGS 3 with a few added features. It's the same with the HD edition, which was released several months ago in Japan and the States. So, Hot Toys could have coincided the announcement of their figure with the release of the HD Edition. But, right now, I have no idea what the reason for the delay is at this point. I believe that if we don't hear anything by this year, then it's pretty clear that the license isn't happening...

Honestly, man this bores me to death, happy some dudes make it happen. No to wait for more hot air and speculations...

This is my complete list of figures i'd get from Hot Toys MGS license:

Metal Gear Solid - Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid - Gray Fox
Metal Gear Solid - Liquid Snake
Metal Gear Solid - Vulcan Raven
Metal Gear Solid - Solid Snake (MGS2)
Metal Gear Solid - Raiden (MGS 2)
Metal Gear Solid - Olga (MGS 2)
Metal Gear Solid - Vamp (MGS 2)
Metal Gear Solid - Cyborg Ninja (MGS 2)
Metal Gear Solid - Ocelot (MGS 2)
Metal Gear Solid - Naked Snake (MGS 3)
Metal Gear Solid - Young Ocelot (MGS 3)
Metal Gear Solid - The Boss (MGS 3)
Metal Gear Solid - Volgin (MGS 3)
Metal Gear Solid - Old Snake (MGS 4)
Metal Gear Solid - Raiden (MGS 4)
Metal Gear Solid - Vamp (MGS 4)
Metal Gear Solid - Old Snake Spy Version (MGS 4)
Metal Gear Solid - Liquid Ocelot (MGS 4)
Metal Gear Solid - B&B Corps - ALL (MGS 4)

That's $3,900 (est $200 each) from the Metal Gear Solid license that HT aren't collecting from me. :slap

Last edited:

If they do a 1/4 scale old snake or Naked snake from MGS3 I will literally scream like a little girl. Unfortunately all 1/6 scale stuff I will have to pass on. Well, except the metal gears of course:clap

everytime i come to this thread i think there will be news why hasn't this thread been locked yet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back