OFFICIAL Hot Toys Metal Gear Solid thread..FINALLY A PHOTO!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys NEED to make Metal Gear Solid figures!

How did I miss this thread?

A dream come true, indeed. I can only imagine what they can do with this licence :drool.

Now, I will bombard HT with e-mails. :)

For me, the entire first series would have to be Snakes.

1. Solid Snake MGS1
2. Solid Snake MGS2
3. Liquid Snake MGS1

I'd buy them all. A 1/6th scale MGS1 or 2 Snake would be my ultimate piece.

I'd buy them all. A 1/6th scale MGS2 Snake would be my ultimate piece.

This would be mine. Cannot even begin to imagine how good HT could make it.

Will share this via FB after it hits ten pages. Just a shame there is not more interest here, as I know they would be a massive success, MGS has a huge fan base, so even people not into 1/6 would pick them up.

Medicom re-release again tiger stripe & square camo pattern

So, it's impossible for HT to release MGS series

So, it's impossible for HT to release MGS series

Not true. HT could acquire the license when Medi finish, or Medi may not have exclusivity rights, e.g: Medicom and Sideshow both produce Star Wars figures.

i would love to see a Revolver Ocelot from the first game. His outfit would be awesome, HT would make it look grand i say!

While id pretty much like to see everyone from the series made, the one other must have for me would be Psycho Mantis

If medi finish...???

Let me give simple calculation for this

Medi only release 500-1000 pcs per figure for MGS CMIIW

With this kind of situation, IMO, HT will not to jump on to the market where they have to compete against medi only for small amount of production quantity

You know why?

Because its better for HT to stick on their mms series which has already gave them better profit or other VG series that medi not own the license rather than compete head to head with medicom

Not true. HT could acquire the license when Medi finish, or Medi may not have exclusivity rights, e.g: Medicom and Sideshow both produce Star Wars figures.

If medi finish...???

Let me give simple calculation for this

Medi only release 500-1000 pcs per figure for MGS CMIIW

With this kind of situation, IMO, HT will not to jump on to the market where they have to compete against medi only for small amount of production quantity

You know why?

Because its better for HT to stick on their mms series which has already gave them better profit or other VG series that medi not own the license rather than compete head to head with medicom

This thread is serving as a petition for Hot Toys to make Metal Gear Solid figures, and it is not a debate thread. If you don't agree with the purpose of this thread, then I ask, that you please do the fans here a favor, and refrain from posting.

Thanks! :D

metal gear solid ftw, me drools over a mgs snake eater ocelot, snake, any of the cyborg ninjas, whatever medicom can do HT can do better.

I didn't post this before, but I would love to see a variety of different Snake figures, and I know that Hot Toys can do this. Having an MGS 1 Snake figure, and Snake dressed in his officer uniform (like at the end of MGS 3) would be awesome. I would also like for Hot Toys to make a figure for Old Snake as well! Now, while Medicom did make a figure for Old Snake, the quality control was just terrible. Just as someone previously said, "whatever Medicom can do, Hot Toys can do better".

Please Hot Toys, start making Metal Gear Solid figures, and make our dream come true!

Last edited:

Figures I could not resist if Hot Toys did MGS -

Revolver Ocelot from MGS
Snake from MGS2
And probably an Otacon

If HT do MSG, I'll buy it definitely. I don't have any Medi MSG coz I think it's wayyyyyyy too expensive and not so quality figure.

Definite buys from me:

Big Boss (Olive Drab, Tiger Stripe [Fatigue sets would be great. Especially for those off the wall "BDUs."], Dress Uniform, Sneaking Suit, Peace Walker Sneaking Suit, Old Big Boss [Basically any version of Big Boss as long as they make it worth our while, and not make us start paying $150 just for BDU variations.])
The Boss (Virtuous Missions fatigues)
Ocelot (Ocelot Unit, Fox Hound, Gurlukovich Mercs, Peace Walker version possibly)
Para-Medic
The Fury
Laughing Octopus
Sunny

Those are just the ones I'd buy definitely without question.
________
Sh125

Last edited:

Just curios has anyone received respond
from HT after you contact them??

Btw, I'm for sure will support this. I don't mind any MGS,
coz once they produce it, they'll definitely will make other characters. :family

Figures that are a definite

Vulcan Raven
Sniper Wolf
The End
The Fury
MGS 3 Snake
The Boss
Ninja
Ocelot from MGS 3

Ninja
Sniper Wolf
Original Snake...

Count me in!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back