Official Hasbro Ralph McQuarrie Figure Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gdb said:
NICE Alfrex figure! Is that a repainted head?

Yeah, you can definately see the Star Wars saga in Hidden Fortress. I always wished that Alfrex made figures from that movie and Throne of Blood.
Yes...that's an the original alfrex head, modified and re-painted. I wish Alfrex would make more Mifune figs as well. Here's another custom I did awhile ago: A friend modified this head and I painted it.
Mifune019.jpg

McHaleyArt said:
Yes...that's an the original alfrex head, modified and re-painted. I wish Alfrex would make more Mifune figs as well. Here's another custom I did awhile ago: A friend modified this head and I painted it.
Mifune019.jpg
Throne of Blood! :rock

Goddamn, that's awesome! Looks like Mifune just stepped right off the screen.

I received Luke today. Anyone know where to get star cases? I need some for my other McQuarrie figures.

I just saw these posted over at RS. Concept Han Solo and General McQuarrie. I didn't even know they were doing a figure based on McQuarrie. I guess I'll have to get that one too.

Concept Han Solo looks pretty funky, not sure I'm as fond of General McQuarrie though, bet it'll still sell out at one per case:D

Do you guys think Hasbro will ultimately end up repackging these figures over the years to make more $$$ from them?

Maybe they could give us some kinda box set collecting the whole series and making it easier to get the complete set.

Han does look funky, but I think it's because of how they have him posed.

And Hasbro would never in a million years repackage the same figure. :D

JABBATHERIDGE said:
"The sarcasm is strong with this one":lol
:lol :lol :lol

Actually, the Stormtrooper is a repackage. I'm not sure about them doing all of the figures together, but who knows?

Unless I'm totally missing something, those are pre-orders, not in-stock items. :(

- J!

madden821 said:
Is the general officialy part of the "concept line?" If he is looks like we may get more than 12 of them if the list is still supposed to be..

Stormtrooper
Boba Fett
Chewbacca
C-3PO
R2-D2
Luke Skywalker
Darth Vader
Starkiller Hero
Snowtrooper
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Yoda
Han Solo
I think a lil liberty has been taken with this "Concept" line. I am not to sure about the 4 of them. I dont have the McQuarrie book but I am not sure these are his work. I know the the Stormtrooper, Boba Fett , Droids, Vader, Luke, Starkiller Hero are all known works and have been seen many times but I dont remember the the others.

mfoga said:
I think a lil liberty has been taken with this "Concept" line. I am not to sure about the 4 of them. I dont have the McQuarrie book but I am not sure these are his work. I know the the Stormtrooper, Boba Fett , Droids, Vader, Luke, Starkiller Hero are all known works and have been seen many times but I dont remember the the others.

I had to change that post when I noticed that the General was McQuarrie himself. I agree in that I havn't seen any pic of a couple of those so I don't know if they are really his work or not. :D

madden821 said:
I had to change that post when I noticed that the General was Mcquarrie himself... But I do hope they stick to 12... not sure if I have room for more :D
That one I have the least issue with, it the Obi, Yoda, and Chewy that I am in question of. Ralph deserves the figure. I kinda feel for the guy, his name getting used for all of these with no input at all. Part of the problem is most of the original artwork is pretty small and very few angles. I know myself and Bluesnaggletooth asked John about what Ralph though about all of this. They liked it was being done but was not pleases with how all the peices came out. They were happy to see him getting the recognition he deserves for these since they don't have the rights to it, LFL does.

Back