Official Hasbro Ralph McQuarrie Figure Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to score another Fett yesterday. It's a really cool figure, but the stomach panel wouldn't stay on, so I had to leave the clear rubber band on.

It was a lucky score no doubt--- now did I read that the Obi and Yoda MacQuarrie are SDCC Exclusives?

The good news is, even though it's an SDCC exclusive, it's Hasbro Toy Shop like Luke, so odds are we can expect it available through their site like Luke was.

MaulFan said:
The good news is, even though it's an SDCC exclusive, it's Hasbro Toy Shop like Luke, so odds are we can expect it available through their site like Luke was.

Just beware of any "discount" offers... :rolleyes:

MaulFan said:

That's no help if you're in Canada.:angrycanu

Yeah gonna need this

IMG_7465.JPG

Really nice figure. I just collect the troopers in this size and Fett fits in nicely. Still haven't found McStormtrooper yet....driving my batty.:banghead
Medicom069.jpg

Seth Gecko said:
Yeah gonna need this

IMG_7465.JPG

Looks more than a little like Toshiro Mifune. Didn't I hear that he was considered for the part but the studio didn't like the idea or something?

gdb said:
Looks more than a little like Toshiro Mifune. Didn't I hear that he was considered for the part but the studio didn't like the idea or something?
It wouldn't surprise me, since Lucas is such an Akria Kurosawa fan and his favorites star Mifune. I'm just glad he got Sir Alec to do it (even though I'm a huge Mifune fan!) Ever see Kurosawa's Hidden Fortress?....a lot like Star wars minus the Sci Fi aspect.

Thought about dressing him up as a jedi for fun some day.
mifune029.jpg

McHaleyArt said:
Really nice figure. I just collect the troopers in this size and Fett fits in nicely. Still haven't found McStormtrooper yet....driving my batty.:banghead
Medicom069.jpg

I like your head swap with the clone body--- I'm going to have to try that.:D

DarthNeil said:
I like your head swap with the clone body--- I'm going to have to try that.:D
Yes...if you don't have 2 Fett's the custom possibilities are endless. This is what I was planning to do from the start and It worked well. Easiest custom ever!

McHaleyArt said:
It wouldn't surprise me, since Lucas is such an Akria Kurosawa fan and his favorites star Mifune. I'm just glad he got Sir Alec to do it (even though I'm a huge Mifune fan!) Ever see Kurosawa's Hidden Fortress?....a lot like Star wars minus the Sci Fi aspect.

Thought about dressing him up as a jedi for fun some day.
mifune029.jpg

NICE Alfrex figure! Is that a repainted head?

Yeah, you can definately see the Star Wars saga in Hidden Fortress. I always wished that Alfrex made figures from that movie and Throne of Blood.

Back