Official 12" Hot Toys Superman returns Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well said. I'm pleasantly surprised to see this.

:clap

They did a panel for Superman Returns at WonderCon years back and douchebags actually boo'd him when Singer announced him. Didn't get it then and don't get it now. He put a hell of a lot of work into studying Reeve's Superman (as Spacey did for Hackman's Luthor too) for Returns and it really showed. It wasn't a perfect movie by any means, but it was fun and a great bookend to the Reeve saga.

I considered trimming this way but I was concerned it would expose too much of the neck post. Any chance you could post another pic or two showing exactly what it looks like in that area?

Cheers.

this is the best sideshot I have right now

SAM_2185.jpg

I can take more but it won't be for another week. I only took these pics while I was at home for Labor Day weekend. I don't take my collection with me to school :monkey2

BUT I will say that I cut a bit too high. I'd leave at least a 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch below his earlobe. It really wasn't that hard to do. I just looked at how it was cut on my HT T-800 and HT Wolverine and tried to cust it in a similar way. It definitely looks a lot better in hand.

I really wished there was a better SUperman Returns figure made. Back then neither Medicom nor Hot Toys were able to deliver a good Superman Returns figure that have a good Brandon Routh likeliness. At least Takara made a decent Batman Begins figure with a Bruce Wayne head.

They did a panel for Superman Returns at WonderCon years back and douchebags actually boo'd him when Singer announced him. Didn't get it then and don't get it now. He put a hell of a lot of work into studying Reeve's Superman (as Spacey did for Hackman's Luthor too) for Returns and it really showed. It wasn't a perfect movie by any means, but it was fun and a great bookend to the Reeve saga.

We actually agree on something Nam. :goodpost:

To me, Routh will always be Superman*. He earned it. Especially after all the crap he's had to put up with from fans.

*For the record, Reeve is my favorite -bar none. But Routh earned the title.

Agreed, Roth was the main reason why I enjoyed the movie. I thought he gave a lot of the heart to the character.

Superman: The Deadbeat Dad

Okay so the idea Lois and Clark had a child wasn't the best for Superman Returns.

Still liked Brandon's performance and was pulling for him to have his option exercised for a sequel.

Schumacher doing this one? Seriously, you guys really think this looks good? Are they gonna add the nipples? First Spidey and now this...:elefant

BB

superman-man-of-steel-set-photo-costume-henry-cavill-01.jpg

It doesnt have to be perfect as in pigment per pigment, hair per hair. But look at it, the 2in1 is closer to Cavill than Routh. Theyre like 4 posts away from each other above. Scroll up and down til you see it. :)

this is the best sideshot I have right now

SAM_2185.jpg

I can take more but it won't be for another week. I only took these pics while I was at home for Labor Day weekend. I don't take my collection with me to school :monkey2

BUT I will say that I cut a bit too high. I'd leave at least a 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch below his earlobe. It really wasn't that hard to do. I just looked at how it was cut on my HT T-800 and HT Wolverine and tried to cust it in a similar way. It definitely looks a lot better in hand.

How did you open the suit?

Back