Official 12" Hot Toys Superman returns Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schumacher doing this one? Seriously, you guys really think this looks good? Are they gonna add the nipples? First Spidey and now this...:elefant

BB

superman-man-of-steel-set-photo-costume-henry-cavill-01.jpg

WTF is that .... :horror

Does anyone know where I can order one of these online besides ebay? I was really hoping that a swarm of these would be put up for auction after the CR Superman came out. Nothing.

Or, does anyone here have one they want to sell? I don’t even mind if it’s loose without the box. I just want one.

For some reason I can’t post in the buy/sell/trade forums?!

My email is [email protected]

Thanks in advance for any offers, leads, or help!

WTF is that .... :horror
That would be the Man of Steel costume. I personally like it but wish they would've kept the red trunks. Looks like they went with the New 52 design. Also, that's one of the worst pics to show of cavil in the costume which usually happens when someone is trying to make something they don't like look worse. For once we have a superman that's buff and we can see his muscles though the costume.
Does anyone know where I can order one of these online besides ebay?

For some reason I can’t post in the buy/sell/trade forums?!

My email is [email protected]

Thanks in advance for any offers, leads, or help!
Well with these out of production, you won't find any at an online store. So unless someone puts one up on Amazon, you won't find one online besides eBay.

Also you can't post in the wtb or fs sections b/c you don't have 50posts. Once you meet that you have to email and administrator for permission to post in the commerce section If you've been a in good standing

That would be the Man of Steel costume. I personally like it but wish they would've kept the red trunks. Looks like they went with the New 52 design. Also, that's one of the worst pics to show of cavil in the costume which usually happens when someone is trying to make something they don't like look worse. For once we have a superman that's buff and we can see his muscles though the costume.

It's actually a manip of one of the early candid pics. The cape has been added and background changed which involved a little touch up on the hair. It was certainly not done to show it in a bad light. The suit manages that all on its own I'm afraid.

It's actually a manip of one of the early candid pics. The cape has been added and background changed which involved a little touch up on the hair. It was certainly not done to show it in a bad light. The suit manages that all on its own I'm afraid.

I know where the pic came from I'm just saying that there are better pics of cavil in the suit on set than that one. Ones that haven't been manipulated. The OP of the pic could've chose a different pic to post but yet chose that one. I'm sure whoever origianlly manipulated the pic didn't have the intention to show it looking bad but the OP chose that pic. If I wasn't on my phone, I'd post a pic that I feel shows off Cavil in the suit better.

In end though most ppl esp older folks who grew up way back when Reeve's movie came out are going to give the movie and Cavil a tough time b/c he's not their beloved Christopher Reeve.

I don't know about that. I grew up with Christopher Reeve as Superman and loved them as a kid but when I watch them now they are really bad.

I can respect the nostalgia of the film but to me Brandon Routh is my Superman. That suit paid homage to the reeve suit with some history thrown in from the 50's and a modern edge that was subtle. Not like the new suit. Henry Cavil looks like he has good potential because of his looks and build but with such a drastic change to the original suit the movie better bring it. Otherwise the suit, the movie, and Cavil will be a joke.

So Henry Cavill won’t be playing Ace Ventura from Krypton?

I don’t get what’s going on with his hair. They made Christopher Reeve wear a wig but Henry Cavill actually has a receding hairline and their not making him wear a wig?! Superman doesn’t recede!

I know where the pic came from I'm just saying that there are better pics of cavil in the suit on set than that one. Ones that haven't been manipulated. The OP of the pic could've chose a different pic to post but yet chose that one. I'm sure whoever origianlly manipulated the pic didn't have the intention to show it looking bad but the OP chose that pic. If I wasn't on my phone, I'd post a pic that I feel shows off Cavil in the suit better.

In end though most ppl esp older folks who grew up way back when Reeve's movie came out are going to give the movie and Cavil a tough time b/c he's not their beloved Christopher Reeve.

I'm not one of them. My love of Superman goes back way further than Reeve and Donner. At the time I thought Reeve was far too young and lightweight for the role although my opinion has softened as I've got older. There are times Reeve appears to have stepped right out of the comics.
To me Cavill looks fantastic and the suit could have been the best ever but for the mess in the middle. The needless piping, no belt and worst of all no trunks or something similar to break up the middle area.
But how it all goes in the movie is what really matters and I'd like nothing better than to be converted by a magnificent film. I keep my fingers crossed.

And I suspect most people don't know that's a manip. It has made it into the mainstream press and is used quite frequently as an image of the new Superman, probably because it has the cape attached. I don't think there's any ulterior motive here.

Okay, so my nits with the suit are mainly this: lose the unnecessary piping/embellishments on the sides, around the waist at the cuff. Sometimes simpler is better. Needs to incorporate some red where the briefs would be, even if its not actual "trunks". I LOVE LOVE LOVE the classic look to the 'S' shield, but the texture on it is too much - the texture on the blue is fine.

I did love Reeves' Superman, but I love other interpretations of the character as well. The problem with this costume is not that it messes with Reeves interpretation of the character, but that it screws with the popular concept of the Superman persona - plus its kinda ugly. :dunno

I agree. The color of reeve and Routh superman costumes were bright beautiful. He was supposed to stand out in the open and be a bright shining beacon of hope. The complete opposite of the Dark Knight who was always in the shadows.

This suit is darker which reminds me more of a DK suit. It has a bit of the 30's period coloring to it especially the "S" design but a bit too edgy and dark. Brian Singers Superman was a drastic contrast to all the dull costumes of the humans which was a deliberate visual design strategy.

I recently picked up Jor-El and the 2 in 1 Supes/Clark. Beside the packaging, can anyone tell me if there are any differences between the induvidual Supes and Clark and the 2 in 1?

Funny cause I felt the red was too dark on the Routh suit aswell I viewed it as a brighter version of the corrupted superman suit from superman III but this one looks it even more

Last edited:
I recently picked up Jor-El and the 2 in 1 Supes/Clark. Beside the packaging, can anyone tell me if there are any differences between the induvidual Supes and Clark and the 2 in 1?

If I understand you right, the original Superman had a different (some say better likeness to Routh) headsculpt to the 2in1 version. Not sure if theres any difference in the body and suit though. The Clark Kent figure is a totally different outfit and a different head too. I personally prefer the headsculpt on the individual Clark figure to the one that came with the 2in1.

Just to add to A-dev, the trunks on the 2in1 are also more movie accurate and it has a slightly different s emblem I believe.

And I totally agree with you A-dev in that I too believe that the singular Clark Kent figure is better than the one that came with the 2in1. Wish I had that one

The suit is different as well. It's the same color but it has a superman symbol pattern all over the costume and trunks like spidermans honeycomb pattern. It gives it more depth and is more movie accurate. I had both at different times and I prefer the 2 in 1 superman suit and head to the first release.

The Clark kent release had a three piece suit I think and a trench coat. The superman head for that one was really bad.

Neither release really captures Routh fully. It's just a matter of opinion.

Crap!

Thanks for all the info.

I was hoping they were identical so I wouln't have to get the Clark and Supes.

Oh well, time to start looking for a Clark and Supes. :slap

Back