Obi-Wan Photos!! (exclusive could be a blaster)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mini-Rock said:
Love the pic! They're a little out of scale to each other, but I'm not going to nit-pick a toy (even a $50 one). This set looks damn good! I know my kids will be more than happy with these. :)

.,you may be better off giving your pf 1/4 figures to your kids to play and displaying the 12" 1/6 figures.., in terms of general acceptance and likeness,.. this sw 12" line it's killing the sw 1/4 pf one.:D :D :D

this sw 12" line it's killing the sw 1/4 pf one

Before this becomes the third locked thread in as many days... Here's a comparison between 1/4 scale and 12". I know which one looks better to me! I'm not so sure that the 12" line is killing the PF in terms of quality and likeness. And don't forget Grievous! That one is simply guaranteed to be the ultimate version of that character.

lukes3xo.jpg

tomandshell said:
Before this becomes the third locked thread in as many days... Here's a comparison between 1/4 scale and 12". I know which one looks better to me! I'm not so sure that the 12" line is killing the PF in terms of quality and likeness. And don't forget Grievous! That one is simply guaranteed to be the ultimate version of that character.

lukes3xo.jpg

The 12'' luke looks better.

12" looks way better IMO.

As for the open mouth expression, maybe they got tired of sculpting the same deadpan expression that 95% of the other head sculpts get. I was glad to see something different.

Anakin said:
..thank you my 12" friends.. :)

Hmm, I'll leave that one alone. LOL!

Nah, I actually do think 12" action figure Luke has a good sculpt. The mouth cracks me up though. I'm already getting one of these for my daughter, but now I'm going to get me one so I can display some of my youngest daughter's baby accessories with it. ;)

It surprises me that many of you prefer the 12" version. Regardless of price, I still think that 12" Luke seems like he has chapped lips, and the hair looks crusty and more cheaply sculpted. I also prefer the eyes on the larger version. Sincerely, I am not "having a hard time" admitting the 12" looks better because I paid more for the bigger one, I honestly do think that the PF looks superior. I want the one that looks best, regardless of price. My gut response would be that the 12" fans are having a hard time admitting that the PF Luke looks better, to justify their spending less money. I realize that neither statement is true, though. We each see them through our own preferences and I'm glad that we have both lines, so that those of us with different tastes and opinions can find the one that we like the best. Nobody will convince me that the smaller looks better, and vice versa. Hopefully we can disagree politely and go about collecting our preferred line, seeing the good in both sizes.

Mini-Rock said:
Hmm, I'll leave that one alone. LOL!

Nah, I actually do think 12" action figure Luke has a good sculpt. The mouth cracks me up though. I'm already getting one of these for my daughter, but now I'm going to get me one so I can display some of my youngest daughter's baby accessories with it. ;)

..it's clear here about your need of putting down the 12" figures that people collect..just to try to make what you collect looking better..all the time mentioning that you will give it to your kids..wow..in every thread..and that coming from a 32 year old guy..

..and please..stop sending me private messages calling me names.. as you see, i ain't answering them..or have any desire of doing it..,thank you.,

tomandshell said:
It surprises me that many of you prefer the 12" version. Regardless of price, I still think that 12" Luke seems like he has chapped lips, and the hair looks crusty and more cheaply sculpted. I also prefer the eyes on the larger version. Sincerely, I am not "having a hard time" admitting the 12" looks better because I paid more for the bigger one, I honestly do think that the PF looks superior. I want the one that looks best, regardless of price. My gut response would be that the 12" fans are having a hard time admitting that the PF Luke looks better, to justify their spending less money. I realize that neither statement is true, though. We each see them through our own preferences and I'm glad that we have both lines, so that those of us with different tastes and opinions can find the one that we like the best. Nobody will convince me that the smaller looks better, and vice versa. Hopefully we can disagree politely and go about collecting our preferred line, seeing the good in both sizes.

Well said! I honestly do think that the 12" SW line by SS is top notch, so don't take my jabs seriously. I just know that Ani gets his panties in a bunch over the slightest neg comment. His first post above is a clear indication that I hit it close to the mark. Just having a little fun. Heh heh!

Ultimately and honestly, either "format" would be welcome in my collection to accurately represent my favorite character's from my favorite saga. :)

I'll still be getting the 12" line for my kids, but I will definitely be picking up a few select character's for myself here and there. :)

I will also be picking up many of the 12" line, but I think I'll have a hard time giving a $50-$55 figure to my daughter to eat. Maybe when they get a little older.

Mini-Rock said:
Well said! I honestly do think that the 12" SW line by SS is top notch, so don't take my jabs seriously. I just know that Ani gets his panties in a bunch over the slightest neg comment. His first post above is a clear indication that I hit it close to the mark. Just having a little fun. Heh heh!

you are the one here that don't accept any other opinions..other than your own,,and get's pretty upset when people says that a $50 looks better than a $250 one..the proof is that many people here agreed with me about the 12" figures looking better..
..just having a little fun heh heh?.. if your fun includes sending me private messages calling me names and harrassing me like a 12 year old would do..then please remove me from your fun, k?

tomandshell said:
I will also be picking up many of the 12" line, but I think I'll have a hard time giving a $50-$55 figure to my daughter to eat. Maybe when they get a little older.

Ha! Well, my oldest is 11 and she has all of the Hasbro 12" SW figures, and all are still in great condition even though she does play with certain ones often. I'll be getting her acrylic cases for the SS 12 inchers, but I know they'll find their way out of them now and then. ;) :D

Ah! I have a two year old, four year old, and 2 month old. My son (4) loves Star Wars, but certainly doesn't take care of his toys yet. He loves the Lego Grievous/Obi-Wan set I got him for Christmas, but half the pieces are already lost. I keep my Sideshow stuff in my office at work and out of their reach! They love to visit, and it makes it fun for them to stop by. I get to see them, and they get to see my collection. We're both happy!

Originally Posted by pitchin
Here's a great pic that someone made up over at rebescum forums:

ssfigures.jpg
That pic is misleading. I believe Obi-wan is on the standard body, same as Anakin. Luke is the only one on the short male body. But since Obi had the higher ground he should look a bit taller anyway...

Mark Hamill - 5' 9"
Hayden Christensen - 6'2"
Ewan McGregor - 5' 10.5"
Alec Guiness - 5' 10"
Dave Prowse - 6' 7"

tomandshell said:
Ah! I have a two year old, four year old, and 2 month old. My son (4) loves Star Wars, but certainly doesn't take care of his toys yet. He loves the Lego Grievous/Obi-Wan set I got him for Christmas, but half the pieces are already lost. I keep my Sideshow stuff in my office at work and out of their reach! They love to visit, and it makes it fun for them to stop by. I get to see them, and they get to see my collection. We're both happy!

It is awesome being able to share something you are passionate about with your kids. I never thought my kids would love SW even half as much as I do, but they are HUGE fans. My yougest (5) she has all the galactic hero's; my middle child (9) has a few of the GG minibusts from SW and the Matrix; and, my oldest is totally into the 12" action figure's. They even dress up in SW attire for Halloween. :D

Dave, I think you're right. The pic is misleading. I think this is more accurate:

ssfigures.jpg

;)

I think the 12" looks better than the PF version, at least as far as likeness goes. Can't compare too much since they are different versions of the character.

Mini-Rock said:
It is awesome being able to share something you are passionate about with your kids. I never thought my kids would love SW even half as much as I do, but they are HUGE fans. My yougest (5) she has all the galactic hero's; my middle child (9) has a few of the GG minibusts from SW and the Matrix; and, my oldest is totally into the 12" action figure's. They even dress up in SW attire for Halloween. :D

Dave, I think you're right. The pic is misleading. I think this is more accurate:

ssfigures.jpg

;)
Mini-Rock I think it would be more accurate if Luke was saying "I kissed my sister and liked it!". :D
And if you think these 12" PROTOTYPES look better then the 1/4 scale regular release, just remember the Willow Prototype looked fantastic, but the actual figure released didn't live up to that original assessment. ;)

Back