Obi-Wan Photos!! (exclusive could be a blaster)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was blown away by the Pf star wars figs when we saw the prototypes. Its the production run that isn't holding up as well IMO. If the released 12" figs are as good as these preview pics I will be thrilled.

screamingmetal said:
Mini-Rock I think it would be more accurate if Luke was saying "I kissed my sister and liked it!". :D

That would have been better. DAMN! Missed opportunity! :(

Darth Rage said:
I was blown away by the Pf star wars figs when we saw the prototypes. Its the production run that isn't holding up as well IMO. If the released 12" figs are as good as these preview pics I will be thrilled.

Darth Rage, if you don't mind me asking, if you don't think the production run for the PF's are holding up well (compared to the proto's) why do you think it would be any different for the 12 inchers?

Mini-Rock said:
Darth Rage, if you don't mind me asking, if you don't think the production run for the PF's are holding up well (compared to the proto's) why do you think it would be any different for the 12 inchers?

I can't say for sure they will. I am very optimistic though.

I understand where you are coming from DR. If I felt the same way as you though (about the PF line) I would have no hope for a smaller scale line where capturing a human likeness is even more difficult. Not to mention making the clothing look real and the accessories to scale.

I do still have the PF Vader ordered, I am positive this one will be awesome. I would really love to get Kenobi to go with him, but I am going to wait until he ships to see some real production pics before investing.

Darth Rage said:
I do still have the PF Vader ordered, I am positive this one will be awesome. I would really love to get Kenobi to go with him, but I am going to wait until he ships to see some real production pics before investing.

7141_image05.jpg

I have a feeling that this one is going to look fairly close to the pre-release pictures. His face seems to already have more of a flat "orange-ish" one-tone look, like the kind Han's evolved into from the initial lighter, highly natural and realistic prototype shots. I don't see Sideshow having to change the official pictures after shipping like they did with Solo (and Helm's Deep).

He seems to have two-tone eyebrows, dark grey with just a bit of white added, and I can see that being one area of possible disappointment. In general, though, he looks like he matches the final versions of Luke and Han fairly well.

Btw, just as a reminder, you cant compare the 12" Luke to the 1/4 Luke. The 12" version is from the 3rd movie in which he's older and suffered from an accident while the 1/4 is based on a kid basically. I think both look very good.

wow, that Mustafar pic of mine sure got here quick from the Rebelscum forum, lol

tomandshell said:
My gut response would be that the 12" fans are having a hard time admitting that the PF Luke looks better, to justify their spending less money. I realize that neither statement is true, though.

LOL! tomandshell

Well one thing to realise between the two figures is one is from Star Wars and the other is Jedi. Personally although I prefer the aged look on the Jedi one, they are both superb sculpts. Hamil looked much more "aged" in Jedi then in star wars. I say Kudos to both.

The regular edition on Sideshow's site has a pic of the electro-binoculars. They look tiny, but cool, nonetheless. Whenver I first get a figure, I challenge myself to display him using or carrying all his accessories at once. This may get a tad difficult as the line wears on...

I had a question about the exclusive blaster accessory. Is this blaster significantly different from the standard issue stormtrooper/clonetrooper blaster? I have only seen the movie twice, but it didn't look all too different to me!

There has been some discussion as to how close it is to Padme's Geonosis Arena blaster, and if this will hurt the chances of seeing that accessory when she comes out. I guess it is different enough, but still similar.

Grievous used a custom Blastech DT-57 "annihilator" in ROTS which is what Obi-Wan is holding. In the pic of Padme, she is holding a standard Battledroid military blaster. The Clones use a DC-15 Rifle and DC-15 blaster.

Back