Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With collecting if they screw something up like mislabeling sticker it tends to make the item more rare. Although there's still 1199 other ones with the same mistake so maybe it's not that rare :)

why not sold them all at once, and now again in December to take over? It is the first time I see this.

Its just weird. Obi-Wan sold out in the same shops that suddenly have him available for pre-order for Q4 2014. It's damn suspicious to say the least.

If Obi really does pop up again I think Sideshow has some serious explaining to do... heck they may have some to do anyway with Vader.

Obi-Wan has been sold out for a long time, I doubt there is anymore statues left of him.

Collectiblesdirect and forbidden planet uk are getting new stock and taking new orders and thats just to name two. I had the email couple of days ago from FP telling me to order.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/91219-star-wars-statue-mythos-ben-kenobi/

Stock coming in December 2014 (look on lefthand side)

https://www.collectiblesdirect.co.uk/star-wars-mythos-statue-15-ben-kenobi-sideshow-exclusive-45-cm-reproduction.html

Coming 01/15

Im sure US stockists must be getting new stock too.

I dont think those companies are going to make it up. They werent listed a few weeks ago and now they're appearing for preorder.

I dont think those companies are going to make it up. They werent listed a few weeks ago and now they're appearing for preorder.

I've given up trying to figure out the reasons why SS does things lol. At they end of the day they did it with Vader so it would not surprise me in the least if they pulled the same stunt with this guy.

Hey guys,

SS Alex just posted the following:

"Another 2000 would not be produced but rather the remaining amount of pieces within the original 2000 Edition Size would be produced (meaning the entire edition size wasn't made to begin with)."

Not a very good answer though... it will be interesting to see why they had him as sold out for so long only to make the rest now.

It's like this. If sales are perceived to be poor, they aren't stuck with a ton of leftovers by producing them in batches. Sideshow sets a maximum number of units based on initial preorders, hoping to sell a few more. A prime example of this would be the original color Frankenstein vs. The Wolfman, which I believe was set at 600. None have ever been seen in collections with a number higher than the mid 400's. I asked them years ago about this, and that is my understanding.

It's like Goldilocks. Not too much, not too little, just the right amount.

It's like this. If sales are perceived to be poor, they aren't stuck with a ton of leftovers by producing them in batches. Sideshow sets a maximum number of units based on initial preorders, hoping to sell a few more. A prime example of this would be the original color Frankenstein vs. The Wolfman, which I believe was set at 600. None have ever been seen in collections with a number higher than the mid 400's. I asked them years ago about this, and that is my understanding.

It's like Goldilocks. Not too much, not too little, just the right amount.

Maybe so... but you have to think they knew Obi was popular (heck 5 minutes in this thread would have told them that) so you would think they would have known they would make the rest and not list it as "Sold Out" for so long so people had to go to ebay to get one.

I mean its not like I care they are making the rest, I got mine and as long as they don't go over 2000 I don't care but its just the idea that they keep messing with people with this sold out crap.

Agreed. The sold out part was the only thing I couldn't reconcile. I started to, but realized without even an open waitlist, they'd never really know the demand.

I would bet it's like this with Boba too. If Maul is any indicator, he is an insanely popular character and his edition is 2500... Seeing as how he is still available it makes sense. I bet the only one truly sold out is Gammy. Heck that may not even be the case, not a very popular character, but an awesome statue. I hope they all come back for preorder. That way the people who missed out can get them now. Not a very straight forward way to play it on SS's part but it being a new line they are being cautious.

Has anyone seen any north American stores putting Obi back up for pre-order? or is this only for Europe? It's a bit bizarre that SS doesn't have any pre-orders options on their website for it. Did Europe 3rd party stores get any of the first batch? I wonder if this new batch of Obi-Wans is just for Europe stores since they didn't get any at the beginning? :dunno

Has anyone seen any north American stores putting Obi back up for pre-order? or is this only for Europe? It's a bit bizarre that SS doesn't have any pre-orders options on their website for it. Did Europe 3rd party stores get any of the first batch? I wonder if this new batch of Obi-Wans is just for Europe stores since they didn't get any at the beginning? :dunno

The same thing happened with Vader. A bunch of European retailers had this listed for preorder, and about a month or so after they started appearing on the euro site, SS put him back up for preorder on their website. So time will tell. Keep checking the SS site.

Back