Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like with Darth Vader Mythos there are first EU retailers which take POs again. The shipping is estimated with December. So I guess we will see another batch going for PO here soon.

Like with Darth Vader Mythos there are first EU retailers which take POs again. The shipping is estimated with December. So I guess we will see another batch going for PO here soon.

that would be odd, since they had already upped the ES from 1200 to 2000, and the 1200+ numbers are already out there. But perhaps they have a few hundred left.

They didn't "up" the edition size they just misprinted the first ones... it was always ment to be 2000. I think Obi is LONG GONE.

The ES labeling on the base was a misprint and clarified by SS themselves. This one is gone.

Just wanted to give some people a heads up who missed the statue on the first or second run. I can't look in the future either. But especially for people in EU it seems that there will be another chance to grab this incredible piece of art.
Checktout galaxyshop, fistco.de, toy-palace etc ... They all have it listed as PO again with release at the end of 2014.

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks that this is an excuse of sideshow to make and sell +800 statues?
I can't believe it...

For me I feel cheated. I bought a statue that had a feature 1,200 units, and now they take 800 more. It is the first time I see this in my life and I can not understand how a company like sideshow allowed to do this. In my country this is called scam. In my case they have lost a customer who has spent years buying their products. After the dismal quality controls now not even respect a product feature that we sell. They have taken a year to realize the error, how is it possible?.....

My theory is that myc is in charge of this all drama, so he can sell some more LS hilts :lol

what.. who ?? what ??? :lol

Altocontraste .. no.. not true.. its been planed from the get go to do a 2000 run.. but they messed up the numbering on the first batch delivered to sideshow

For me I feel cheated. I bought a statue that had a feature 1,200 units, and now they take 800 more. It is the first time I see this in my life and I can not understand how a company like sideshow allowed to do this. In my country this is called scam. In my case they have lost a customer who has spent years buying their products. After the dismal quality controls now not even respect a product feature that we sell. They have taken a year to realize the error, how is it possible?.....

Understand they didn't sneak in another 800 pieces. The original edition size was always going to be 2000. The first batch of bases were labeled incorrectly to say 1200 although they were always going to make 2000. SS confirmed this mistake and the final 800 were labeled with xxx of 2000 as those base labels were corrected.

I for one hope there are a few more Obi's on the way. He shot up in price, and is the one I want most. Unfortunately I listened to CBG's advice that it was a fake sellout again, so I didn't prioritize it. I am really early on the WL though, which I found odd that I never converted, but I guess if they were saving them up for a final run then it would make some sense. I guess???

Understand they didn't sneak in another 800 pieces. The original edition size was always going to be 2000. The first batch of bases were labeled incorrectly to say 1200 although they were always going to make 2000. SS confirmed this mistake and the final 800 were labeled with xxx of 2000 as those base labels were corrected.

and you really believe that?
It's more like "oh, those 1200 sold out a bit too quick. Let's make more and say it was a mistake"

and you really believe that?
It's more like "oh, those 1200 sold out a bit too quick. Let's make more and say it was a mistake"

All I'm saying is the ES was always posted as 2000, it was never 1200 like some are saying. I know SS has done some shady things, I just don't believe this is one of those cases.

At any rate, stepping out of this thread. Too much drama for me.

as slinger said.. it was always posted 2000 on their website ..

I agree with Slynger and MYC Kenobi was always set for a 2000 ES...

I have been following this line from the very 1st mention of it and 2000 has ALWAYS been the number...

Is it so hard to believe the factory in China messed up the numbering on the base when they got the whole arm wrong on Vader????

Back