Obi-Wan Kenobi Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no way in hell that Sideshow can recreate the paint in this proto - to say its Hot Toys level is an understatment, easily. Very detail in every way. Varying skin tones just scream 'hand painted'

IF sideshow's final version can look anywhere near this, I'll eat my left arm. Not really expecting to have to eat my arm

Take a look at the PF version of OLD BEN. paint apps are garbage in comparision....just not close to that.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUulHY2PoAI&feature=player_embedded"]‪Especial SDCC 2011 Sideshow Legendary Scale Figures 1:2 - Videocast Limited Edition #13‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Amazing likeness. Any chance the production paint will look that good? Man I hope so.

Zero chance, and that's one of my main beefs with Sideshow. They get very talented people to paint their prototypes (and those paint apps are stunning!) but when the actual product comes out it's got a single flat skin tone and looks nothing like the proto. Especially now that non-refundable deposits are standard, I think that's pretty problematic.

I agree. Sideshow's number one enemy is their now (amateurish) looking paint apps.......why hire SilentSurfer to paint a proto if the final version will not be close?

All of these pieces for this line so far are terrific, but this piece is the clear winner for me, followed by Maul. Just has this great classic feeling and this special wow factor that I don't quite get from the others. Maybe it's because it's the one that could most easily pass for an actual mini person standing there, given that it's the only one with a straight up human likeness. If I could only buy one of these, this one's it. Let's just hope the factory paint holds up enough that it doesn't ruin what makes this piece special.

Didn't want to, but I'm subscribing to this thread.

He looks amazing. Guessing $999.99, but I'm wrong and not in a good way.

Knowing that I won't be able to purchase this, I just tell myself that the factory paint apps won't live up to the prototype. If I can convince myself of that, it will lessen the disappointment of not owning one of the greatest Star Wars collectibles I've ever seen.

If SS continues to do this LSF line and they sell really well, Cinemaquette will probably be out of business in less than two years. That Obi is ridiculously AWESOME in every way and a Vader is got to be on the horizon to go with it.

And my last question: I would like to know what is the material used to sculpt this achievement?
It's polystone? Wax? Or the same material like the headsculpt of German Paratrooper PF by Andy Bergholtz? ... Etc..

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. It looks like a HT. :clap

Is anyone else bothered by the tilting head? Just seems awkward with the pose for whatever reason.

Outside of that, this piece is fantastic.

May be closer to double that... :(

Well, I could stomach the price I mentioned, and was just tripling or quadrupling the pemium format pricing. Even if I were wealthy I don't think I could justify $2000 or thereabouts for a statue. Oh wait, I did go near that once, but the piece is bronze and limited to 25.

I know other collectors won't be bothered by a higher price tag. But many wealthy people did not become wealthy by buying overpriced statues.

Still he looks amazing! I sadly cannot even afford my paltry estimate. :(

Is anyone else bothered by the tilting head? Just seems awkward with the pose for whatever reason.

Outside of that, this piece is fantastic.

I feel the same way... its an odd choice and honestly the whole pose seems kind of weird to me. Looks too sad and forlorn.

Back