Obi-Wan Kenobi Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the story with this one, is he coming out and just got massively delayed or are they moving past this one? I see that SS site still has him listed as coming soon, but he's been in the works for a while, what gives?

True I will give you that assuming they weren't lying. Although I am betting that it was from production however it was probably a production sample. I am willing to bet most manufacturers who create production samples probably put a lot of time into making it perfect. When it comes time to mass-produce them, the same time and care is usually not put into it, as we have seen.

The Sideshow reps at the Con never lie. :panic:

IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

After securing my R2 and C3PO in half scale, my attention has suddenly been drawn to Obi Wan :slap to be honest, I've always liked this one but never even thought of buying him as I'd have pretty much nowt to display him next to other than the Darth Maul LSF, which I'm not a big fan of. I think Obi Wan would look pretty cool next to the droids, however, his pose with his lightsaber at the ready is crying out for a matching Vader LSF (just like you've got with the PF versions) and god knows how long I've been waiting for a Vader LSF :thud:

There is just something about the face that doesn't look right to me...

I really want a legendary scale figure but the choices are so slim and they no doubt will only stick to the same old characters we have seen done a thousand times on such a large and expensive line. I love the scale but I want a jedi in a more dynamic pose not old ben hunched over with his lightsaber practically flaccid. We haven't seen a Mace in statue form. How about him in a kick *** ready for battle pose with his long robes? Or do something different and brave like an alien jedi design like Kit Fisto or a ROBED Shaak Ti. Or a Sidious with lightsaber. Or a Galen Marek.

Count me in for a Starkiller LSF:

starkiller_by_stormbrain-d5270g7.png

I'd prefer the actual character I care about instead of the non canon "cool" looking sith black armor. I don't want Vader in this scale let alone Vader lite. :lol I'd love a similar pose to that picture but with his actual costume on.
Starkiller.png

Although if I'm honest I'd probably buy either one.

How could you not want a Vader in this scale??? It would be iconic!!!

How could you not want a Vader in this scale??? It would be iconic!!!

Because I'm SO sick of the same characters over and over and over again. Vader, Boba, Maul, etc. I already have a large scale Vader I don't need another. There are so many amazing characters in the Star Wars universe I would rather see done in an awesome scale than the same old characters. Especially the completely overrated ones like Maul and Boba who don't really have any character. (In the films where most people like them from) They just look "cool." Like I said I mostly want a jedi or sith. Give me Mace Windu, Shaak Ti, Galen Marek, Sidious with his lightsaber, Thrawn, original Asajj Ventress, Dooku.

Because I'm SO sick of the same characters over and over and over again. Vader, Boba, Maul, etc. I already have a large scale Vader I don't need another. There are so many amazing characters in the Star Wars universe I would rather see done in an awesome scale than the same old characters. Especially the completely overrated ones like Maul and Boba who don't really have any character. (In the films where most people like them from) They just look "cool." Like I said I mostly want a jedi or sith. Give me Mace Windu, Shaak Ti, Galen Marek, Sidious with his lightsaber, Thrawn, original Asajj Ventress, Dooku.

Yeah well if you already have a large scale Vader no need to go doubling up especially at the price point this would be at lol

What large scale Vader do you have mate?

I'm more of a OT guy so out of the characters you mention I would only really be interested on seeing sidious...

But that's what makes this hobby fun different strokes for different folks :)

Give me that star killer in black armor!!!! :rock

This Obi-wan would look great with 1/2 scale droids!

Yeah well if you already have a large scale Vader no need to go doubling up especially at the price point this would be at lol

What large scale Vader do you have mate?

I'm more of a OT guy so out of the characters you mention I would only really be interested on seeing sidious...

But that's what makes this hobby fun different strokes for different folks :)

I just received the Life Size Darth Vader Bust and it is beautiful. I should have a display within the next month or so finally so I can share my collection with you all.

And yeah, most of those would not interest an OT only collector. But as a fan of the whole saga and the EU I have a much larger group of characters to choose from. Plus like I said I want a lightsaber at this scale and the OT gives pretty slim pickings in that regard.

And a myth I would like to dispel. Just because I like the prequels doesn't mean I don't want to punch Jake Lloyd in the face. :lol

I just received the Life Size Darth Vader Bust and it is beautiful. I should have a display within the next month or so finally so I can share my collection with you all.

And yeah, most of those would not interest an OT only collector. But as a fan of the whole saga and the EU I have a much larger group of characters to choose from. Plus like I said I want a lightsaber at this scale and the OT gives pretty slim pickings in that regard.

And a myth I would like to dispel. Just because I like the prequels doesn't mean I don't want to punch Jake Lloyd in the face. :lol

Wicked man, I will have my life size Vader around October :) can't wait, it will be the grail of my collection!!!

Looking forward to seeing pics of your collection when all displayed :)

I just got an update for Obi-Wan over at SF from SS Alex...

"I don't know all the reasons why Obi and Catwoman haven't released for Pre-Order yet. I know that Catwoman has gone through multiple revisions over the years and Obi has had to be revised as well. They will hopefully be available for order before the end of the year."

Back