Obi-Wan Kenobi Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its too bad this piece probably won't have the translucent skin paint app that was shown when they first teased this piece. He didn't have it anymore when he was at SDCC last year.

Really? That stinks... going with the theory this is going to be a $2,000 statue where is the value if it's just a bigger version of a PF? Maybe $1,000 I could see... but 5x as much just seems wrong.

Really? That stinks... going with the theory this is going to be a $2,000 statue where is the value if it's just a bigger version of a PF? Maybe $1,000 I could see... but 5x as much just seems wrong.

LSF does not automatically mean $2K, look at the reaper, but anything SW is going to be higher than it needs to be.

If Darth Maul was $2k old ben will be $2k. No chance in hell he is cheaper. I'd be all over this if I didn't hate the pose so much.

Its too bad this piece probably won't have the translucent skin paint app that was shown when they first teased this piece. He didn't have it anymore when he was at SDCC last year.

Yeah that's really too bad.
That translucent paint made this thing look life-like.

a lsf maul (which did not light up) sold for under $1k recently. An auction for wolvie didn't sell with an asking price of $1250. These things will not hold their value for the most part.

I considered getting Maul when he was released. THat was BEFORE I spoke to SS asking about possible resolutions to issues I KNEW were going to happen.

Example: I asked SS.....what happens if the figure is delivered with a non-working lightsaber will I get a replacement..
Answer: Only if one is available, as these figures are made to order

Question: What happens if the lighrsaber breaks aftera couple months.....................
Answer: Nothing.

For 2K plus shipping.......................screw that! There was NO support for this product in anyway right from the get go. NO THANKS>

a lsf maul (which did not light up) sold for under $1k recently. An auction for wolvie didn't sell with an asking price of $1250. These things will not hold their value for the most part.

Yes, I saw that, tempted to pick him up for that low myself. No warranty or spare parts on the electronics is unfortunate, I can't understand why other than pure profit and not caring why the policy is like that.

Yes, I saw that, tempted to pick him up for that low myself. No warranty or spare parts on the electronics is unfortunate, I can't understand why other than pure profit and not caring why the policy is like that.

I don't understand why they don't at least try and sell the saber part as spares for those who need it, especially the way the new tech is more fragile with the cathode tubes. They could make enough money to make it worth their while I would think.

LSF does not automatically mean $2K, look at the reaper, but anything SW is going to be higher than it needs to be.

It pretty much does. The general was originally a PF. Anything not standard LSF price (LSFs were cheaper not too long ago :p) were something "upgraded" to LSF status. Meaning they got more expensive.

I considered getting Maul when he was released. THat was BEFORE I spoke to SS asking about possible resolutions to issues I KNEW were going to happen.

Example: I asked SS.....what happens if the figure is delivered with a non-working lightsaber will I get a replacement..
Answer: Only if one is available, as these figures are made to order

Question: What happens if the lighrsaber breaks aftera couple months.....................
Answer: Nothing.

For 2K plus shipping.......................screw that! There was NO support for this product in anyway right from the get go. NO THANKS>

I didn't know that their support for the LSF would be similar to normal products. That makes me hesitant about getting one now. Lucky for me they still haven't made one that I really want. And since many versions of the Avengers Iron Man are coming out. I'll probably pass on that LSF too.

I was really looking forward to a Jedi Luke LSF. Now I don't know...

This SDCC may reveal what Sideshow plans for the future support of the LSF line.

For every overpriced Darth Maul LSF there is a Doom LSF so there is no logic behind the pricing structure.

I loved the Wolf Predator, but he was pretty much a 1:4 statue for 2k, all be it with a nice base, hence I passed. That said if they brought him back minus leg netting I would reconsider getting him.

I own the LSF Maul and have the Doom on order and have not thought twice about the decisions. The Maul is truly worth the price and definitely a crown jewel in my collection. Still on the fence as to whether I'll pull the trigger for Obi-Wan but the moment Fett or Vader are announced I will be ordering.

sideshows-legendary-collectibles-20110719042637239-000.jpg

So who's betting that we'll get a matching Vader LSF based on A New Hope to display alongside Obi Wan? :dunno

I almost bet 100% that's why they held off Obi. The Vader and Obi LSF display will be key to selling this guy.

With the display hands they've shown for Vader it seems like they can be displayed independent of each other and look good. Vader-yes.....Obi-Wan-no...for me anyway. A lot of space and money for these LSF's. The LSF Vader will make the CM one I have look like a PF though....don't think I'll put them beside each other. Really have to put the LSF's by themselves or at least some distance between them and other statues...IMO.

Last edited:
Back