Obi-Wan Kenobi Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The paint on this years SDCC Obiwan LSF looks exaclty like the production paint on the Paratrooper. Production paint vs proto paint. it's that simple. Looking back however, I think they aren't doing the intrinsic scan after all for the heads but instead painting over polystone with translucent paints which is the difference we're seeing between last year and this year

300008_press02.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think Kenobi was, or ever has been a good fit for the LSF line. This line is better suited for characters like Maul (even though certain parts could've been done better), Vader, Fett and the different variations of Stormtroopers.

If this does hit PO, I don't think it will sell all that well. But if they make a Vader or Boba Fett (which I would totally buy) I think sales would pick up quite a bit.

Nah, that's a new sculpt and polystone resin. I'm pretty sure. A great paint job for sure, but not the clear resin. New sculpt is awesome though.

I agree with the assessment of Obi-Wan as an LSF. He's an important character, but not a visual one. At 2k and 3 feet tall, it needs to be a character people really enjoy looking at. Old Ben doesn't really qualify.

The Obi-Wan Mythos statue looks better. I don't see why I would spend more money on a larger but less nice statue of the same character?

The problem with this statue, as others have alluded to, is that most people are only going to be able to afford one or two Legendary Scale statues, and relatively few people would choose Obi-wan as one of those. The only way he's going to sell very much is if people buy him as a companion to a Vader, which we don't have yet. It's not surprising that we don't see a lot of interest yet.

I was never even considering buying this, but the recent changes make it even less appealing. You really should be getting more for your money.

I really do like both of the Star Wars LSF's, but they are just so overpriced and I agree with icruise, I think you really do need a Vader to go along with this Obi-Wan and having Vader come first would have brought more people into this line than even Darth Maul did.

This new paint job on Obi-Wan is now looking similar to the paint job on the old Obi-Wan LSB. I liked the way they had it a bit better before they updated it for this year's Comic Con. Either way though its going to be overpriced. I really think these Star Wars LSF's should be under $1000.

He's an important character, but not a visual one. At 2k and 3 feet tall, it needs to be a character people really enjoy looking at. Old Ben doesn't really qualify.

The Obi-Wan Mythos statue looks better.

I don't think Kenobi was, or ever has been a good fit for the LSF line. This line is better suited for characters like Vader, Fett and the different variations of Stormtroopers.

The problem with this statue, as others have alluded to, is that most people are only going to be able to afford one or two Legendary Scale statues, and relatively few people would choose Obi-wan as one of those. It's not surprising that we don't see a lot of interest yet. You really should be getting more for your money.

I agree with all of this. And yes, if you want a kick-*** Kenobi statue while saving yourself a boat-load of money, then the Mythos is the way to go. And with that particular statue, he doesn't even have to be displayed with his light saber in order to stand out. I love old Ben, but a $2,000 dollar statue of him just doesn't do it for me. Not even while holding a glowing blue light saber. I would love to see all of the others mentioned as LSFs instead. They're just better eye candy. I have a feeling that he's gonna be extremely low on the ES count if SS ever finally decides to release him with one.

Some of you are nearing my personal opinion of the LSF line. While I like it, because it adds more detail and likeness, it also feels like a midget version of a life-size character.

That's one of my main concerns with the LSF line.

A long time in coming but it finally looks as though the Obi Wan Kenobi Legendary Scale Figure will at last see the light of the day! Its on the 'coming soon' part of the Sideshow website...

Havent decided yet whether i'll get this. The pics and videos from Comic Con looked awesome but I feel that we'd have time up until we receive the in hand pics to make a final decision. Cant see this one selling out right away...

Interested to see how well it would display along side Darth Maul...shame they haven't made a Vader LSF ....YET!!! :panic::panic:

I wonder if they will ever do an emperor palpatine in LSF...would definitely jump on that...

Back