Obamas growing on me.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i doubt you would because jfk said, "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country." This goes against the current Demos principles.

I say the same thing all the time. That is partly why I get disgusted by people comparing Obama to Kennedy, Obama can't hold a candle to John Kennedy.

Not saying you are wrong, but these JFK quotes sound a lot like what the current dems are saying:

"Unconditional war can no longer lead to unconditional victory. It can no longer serve to settle disputes... can no longer be of concern to great powers alone."

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind."

"Modern cynics and skeptics... see no harm in paying those to whom they entrust the minds of their children a smaller wage than is paid to those to whom they entrust the care of their plumbing."

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future."

"Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate."

THIS was a man who could INSPIRE.

Last edited:
That is an interesting statement sir. When you joined the military after 9/11 to serve our country may I ask what you thought was going to happen? Are you complaining about having to go into battle and kill the enemy that has killed not only our citizens but like yourself our beloved soldiers that are defending our god given freedoms? Did you think you were enlisting to get a free education and maybe be stationed in a beautiful country somewhere far away from harms way. Sorry if I am being harsh , just getting my point across. I believe George W. Bush did the right thing by taking the fight to IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN. And anywhere else we may have to go to defend freedom. If we as a nation don't defeat this TERRORIST enemy and haters of Democracy NOW than later than it will be in our children's hands and their children's hands to defeat it. And I don't want that for future generations to deal with. No matter what you may think of my thoughts about this matter there are people out there that want only one thing... To end AMERICA and kill it's allies who believe that Democracy and freedom is how the world should be. No matter which person is elected OBAMA or McCain THOSE people will never stop the hate toward us and our allies. It's unfortunate that America has to be the world police but that's how it has to be or Democracy will die and with it our Freedoms that so many have died to preserve for us. That is why we must win this war on terror or the memory of those who gave their lives selflessly will mean nothing. Thank you for your service to our country as I know the value of it and appreciate it with all my heart. I think too many young people take for granted all the freedoms they have here in America and that's a shame. I am voting for McCain because I feel he will keep our military strong and understands the type of people we are dealing with in this war on terror. Sorry for the rant and thanks for listening.

How dare you. Are you seriously questioning MY patriotism? Sir, I've got nearly 14 years invested in the service and plan to serve until retirement. Do the math, smart guy. This was long before 9/11. I've led me in combat on TWO COMBAT TOURS in Iraq alone. Not only did I take a bullet for God and country and have been involved in some serious firefights with the insurgency, but I inspired and motivated men under my charge to do the same, and some of those guys paid for it with their lives. I've seen what the enemy has done, what he's capable of doing, and clearly and absolutely understand the enemy that is hell bent on destroying our way of life. And I did not learn the lessons of not taking our freedoms for granted in Iraq, but during my 6 months in Kosovo in the summer of 1999. And considering we were among the first American forces on the ground after the air campaign, I really know what it's like to be welcomed as heroes and liberators. The ethnic Albanians lined up on the streets daily to cheer and wave at us as our convoys and patrols went by. There were "Thank You America" graffiti on the walls, and children waved American flags, etc. However, I cannot the same after the invasion of Iraq when our units were among the first to move into and occupy the Al-Anbar province in Iraq immediately following the fall of Baghdad in April 2003. So before you go off questioning my integrity or motivation to join and serve in the military, maybe you should not assume that I'm in it for "college money" or didn't realize what I was getting into. This is an all volunteer force, and I volunteered to be a combat Soldier and not some part-time weekend warrior pushing paper behind a desk. I've raised my right hand to swear to uphold the freedoms that you so freely enjoy on multiple occasions for reenlistment. I'm volunteering to join the Special Operations community within our Army. I'm volunteering to go to wherever the fight may be. Three Bronze Stars, one with Valor, and one Purple Heart later, I'M STILL HERE AND SERVING. I want to go after Bin Laden and the culprits behind the 9/11 attacks, which I'm sad to say Iraq had nothing to do with. The only reason why Iraq has become the central front on the GWOT is because we invaded that country and attracted every extremist wacko to the region to carry out their Jihad. If we had been told that it was a strategic effort to place Iran between a rock and hard place then I, and hundreds of thousands of American troops, would have accepted that. Instead we were told we'd find WMDs, that Saddam was harboring Al-Qaeda, and we'd be treated like liberators and there would be "dancing in the streets". Bullschit. My love for our Army and our nation is exactly why I don't want it to be under the operational control of those who might abuse that power, and put us in harms way to fulfill some agenda or appease certain interest groups. What, may I ask, have you done besides sit here on Sideshow Collectors and play armchair politics? Have you ever had to face the parents of your fallen Soldiers? Try to comfort the wife of a buddy who never had a chance to see his baby girl be born? Or watch your buddies painful struggle to recover from horrendous injuries and wounds from catastrophic IED attacks? Is America safer since launching the invasion in Iraq? Too much blood has been shed to just leave the country in shambles and walk away, but it is time for the Iraqis to take ownership of their own security and start bringing our men and women home, or at least re-focus our efforts in Afghanistan where the enemy is still running free. Don't you dare lecture me on our enemy or their agenda. I helped gather the intel and provided lessons learned after fighting this adaptive enemy who tries to influence the contemporary operating environment with asymmetric tactics, and was a member of a unit instrumental in influencing a change in strategy. Thanks for listening. Grim Blue 4 out.

Last edited:
Why do Obama supporters automatically assume that all Republicans are the same, and vice versa? That is really starting to annoy me to no end.

McCain opposed Bush on many, many issues. During the 2000 primaries that were very heated in their differences and there is a reason McCain has been called a "maverick" Republican. Conversely, Obama is quite different from Hillary, Gore or any other recent Democratic figure.

When McCain ran against Bush years ago, I voted for him to get the nomination. Now he no longer is the "marverick" and pretty much goes right along party lines.

Irish, most people can only see black and white. You're either a liberal, or a conservative, Rep or Dem. You can't be in the middle anymore.

:clap
How dare you. Are you seriously questioning MY patriotism? Sir, I've got nearly 14 years invested in the service and plan to serve until retirement. Do the math, smart guy. This was long before 9/11. I've led me in combat on TWO COMBAT TOURS in Iraq alone. Not only did I take a bullet for God and country and have been involved in some serious firefights with the insurgency, but I inspired and motivated men under my charge to do the same, and some of those guys paid for it with their lives. I've seen what the enemy has done, what he's capable of doing, and clearly and absolutely understand the enemy that is hell bent on destroying our way of life. And I did not learn the lessons of not taking our freedoms for granted in Iraq, but during my 6 months in Kosovo in the summer of 1999. And considering we were among the first American forces on the ground after the air campaign, I really know what it's like to be welcomed as heroes and liberators. The ethnic Albanians lined up on the streets daily to cheer and wave at us as our convoys and patrols went by. There were "Thank You America" graffiti on the walls, and children waved American flags, etc. However, I cannot the same after the invasion of Iraq when our units were among the first to move into and occupy the Al-Anbar province in Iraq immediately following the fall of Baghdad in April 2003. So before you go off questioning my integrity or motivation to join and serve in the military, maybe you should not assume that I'm in it for "college money" or didn't realize what I was getting into. This is an all volunteer force, and I volunteered to be a combat Soldier and not some part-time weekend warrior pushing paper behind a desk. I've raised my right hand to swear to uphold the freedoms that you so freely enjoy on multiple occasions for reenlistment. I'm volunteering to join the Special Operations community within our Army. I'm volunteering to go to wherever the fight may be. Three Bronze Stars, one with Valor, and one Purple Heart later, I'M STILL HERE AND SERVING. I want to go after Bin Laden and the culprits behind the 9/11 attacks, which I'm sad to say Iraq had nothing to do with. The only reason why Iraq has become the central front on the GWOT is because we invaded that country and attracted every extremist wacko to the region to carry out their Jihad. If we had been told that it was a strategic effort to place Iran between a rock and hard place then I, and hundreds of thousands of American troops, would have accepted that. Instead we were told we'd find WMDs, that Saddam was harboring Al-Qaeda, and we'd be treated like liberators and there would be "dancing in the streets". Bullschit. My love for our Army and our nation is exactly why I don't want it to be under the operational control of those who might abuse that power, and put us in harms way to fulfill some agenda or appease certain interest groups. What, may I ask, have you done besides sit here on Sideshow Collectors and play armchair politics? Have you ever had to face the parents of your fallen Soldiers? Try to comfort the wife of a buddy who never had a chance to see his baby girl be born? Or watch your buddies painful struggle to recover from horrendous injuries and wounds from catastrophic IED attacks? Is America safer since launching the invasion in Iraq? Too much blood has been shed to just leave the country in shambles and walk away, but it is time for the Iraqis to take ownership of their own security and start bringing our men and women home, or at least re-focus our efforts in Afghanistan where the enemy is still running free. Don't you dare lecture me on our enemy or their agenda. I helped gather the intel and provided lessons learned after fighting this adaptive enemy who tries to influence the contemporary operating environment with asymmetric tactics, and was a member of a unit instrumental in influencing a change in strategy. Thanks for listening. Grim Blue 4 out.

:clap:clap

:bow:bow:bow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back