Obamas growing on me.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do Obama supporters automatically assume that all Republicans are the same, and vice versa? That is really starting to annoy me to no end.

McCain opposed Bush on many, many issues. During the 2000 primaries that were very heated in their differences and there is a reason McCain has been called a "maverick" Republican. Conversely, Obama is quite different from Hillary, Gore or any other recent Democratic figure.

I don't assume all Republicans are the same. I just think Democrats will be best in fixing our problems. I have voted Republican before. I mean, look at Chuck Hagel for example. And can we not agree that McCain has threw his maverick status away when he decided that it was more important to win an election and get the base support (which is why he did not choose Lieberman as his VP) and started voting lock-step with Bush?

No doubt McCain has been playing politics the past year or so in order to try and drum up support among his Republican base. Obama has done the same as well (see his remarks about middle America at certain rallies, for just one example).

It's the same old crap, really. One may indeed be better (or worse) than the other, but neither is really going to provide anything new and far from the "change" that has become the empty rallying cry.

Why do Obama supporters automatically assume that all Republicans are the same, and vice versa? That is really starting to annoy me to no end.

McCain opposed Bush on many, many issues. During the 2000 primaries that were very heated in their differences and there is a reason McCain has been called a "maverick" Republican. Conversely, Obama is quite different from Hillary, Gore or any other recent Democratic figure.

Noo, you're WRONG!!!

McCain IS Bush!! No, wait! He's Bush's puppet!! He's under Bush's Mind Control!!!!!11!1!

And Obama IS Gore and Hillary's love-child!!!!

PROVE ME WRONG!!!!1!!1!!!1!!11

:D

Well, you're definitely right about Obama being different, and not just because of the physical aspect.

But McCain is a Maverick? Wow. That really is tired. McCain/Palin has not said or done anything that makes me want to believe that they really have the best interest of the nation at heart. That's evident in McCain picking Palin as his running mate! If people can't see that as the political ploy it was well then... wow. Just wow. And what true "Mavericks" go around calling themselves "Mavericks"? :rolleyes: I promised myself I wouldn't get into any political discussions on internet forums so I'll bail out while I can. I just hope that whoever anyone votes for please listen closely to both sides of the argument before you decide rather than just sticking to party lines.

BTW, I was in G.W. Bush's corner after 911 and was never more proud to serve. But I'm NOT making the same mistake by following blindly again.

Noo, you're WRONG!!!

McCain IS Bush!! No, wait! He's Bush's puppet!! He's under Bush's Mind Control!!!!!11!1!

And Obama IS Gore and Hillary's love-child!!!!

PROVE ME WRONG!!!!1!!1!!!1!!11

:D

See my post above. It is not that he IS Bush. It is that he played politics to get the base support which has resulted in plans similar to Bush's. Should we assume he will change these plans and start being the maverick again if elected?

But McCain is a Maverick? Wow. That really is tired. McCain/Palin has not said or done anything that makes me want to believe that they really have the best interest of the nation at heart. That's evident in McCain picking Palin as his running mate! If people can't see that as the political ploy it was well then... wow. Just wow. And what true "Mavericks" go around calling themselves "Mavericks"? :rolleyes: I promised myself I wouldn't get into any political discussions on internet forums so I'll bail out while I can. I just hope that whoever anyone votes for please listen closely to both sides of the argument before you decide rather than just sticking to party lines.

You're absolutely right about the McCain "Maverick" thing being lame and tired. In fact, it's just as lame and tired as the Obama "Change" stuff. :lecture

You're ALL being sold up one river or another and you don't even realize it.

You're absolutely right about the McCain "Maverick" thing being lame and tired. In fact, it's just as lame and tired as the Obama "Change" stuff. :lecture

So I'm guessing you are going with "neither" this election?

Perhaps so, but I believe in going for the lesser of two evils. And only time will tell whether the newly elected POTUS will truly make significant changes for better or worse. Okay, I've got to get some work done.

BTW, I was in G.W. Bush's corner after 911 and was never more proud to serve. But I'm NOT making the same mistake by following blindly again.

That is an interesting statement sir. When you joined the military after 9/11 to serve our country may I ask what you thought was going to happen? Are you complaining about having to go into battle and kill the enemy that has killed not only our citizens but like yourself our beloved soldiers that are defending our god given freedoms? Did you think you were enlisting to get a free education and maybe be stationed in a beautiful country somewhere far away from harms way. Sorry if I am being harsh , just getting my point across. I believe George W. Bush did the right thing by taking the fight to IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN. And anywhere else we may have to go to defend freedom. If we as a nation don't defeat this TERRORIST enemy and haters of Democracy NOW than later than it will be in our children's hands and their children's hands to defeat it. And I don't want that for future generations to deal with. No matter what you may think of my thoughts about this matter there are people out there that want only one thing... To end AMERICA and kill it's allies who believe that Democracy and freedom is how the world should be. No matter which person is elected OBAMA or McCain THOSE people will never stop the hate toward us and our allies. It's unfortunate that America has to be the world police but that's how it has to be or Democracy will die and with it our Freedoms that so many have died to preserve for us. That is why we must win this war on terror or the memory of those who gave their lives selflessly will mean nothing. Thank you for your service to our country as I know the value of it and appreciate it with all my heart. I think too many young people take for granted all the freedoms they have here in America and that's a shame. I am voting for McCain because I feel he will keep our military strong and understands the type of people we are dealing with in this war on terror. Sorry for the rant and thanks for listening.

Last edited:
That is an interesting statement sir. When you joined the military after 9/11 to serve our country may I ask what you thought was going to happen? Are you complaining about having to go into battle and kill the enemy that has killed not only our citizens but like yourself our beloved soldiers that are defending our god given freedoms? Did you think you were enlisting to get a free education and maybe be stationed in a beautiful country somewhere far away from harms way. Sorry if I am being harsh , just getting my point across. I believe George W. Bush did the right thing by taking the fight to IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN. And anywhere else we may have to go to defend freedom. If we as a nation don't defeat this TERRORIST enemy and haters of Democracy NOW than later than it will be in our children's hands and their children's hands to defeat it. And I don't want that for future generations to deal with. No matter what you may think of my thoughts about this matter there are people out there that want only one thing... To end AMERICA and kill it's allies who believe that Democracy and freedom is how the world should be. No matter which person is elected OBAMA or McCain THOSE people will never stop the hate toward us and our allies. It's unfortunate that America has to be the world police but that's how it has to be or Democracy will die and with it our Freedoms that so many have died to preserve for us. That is why we must win this war on terror or the memory of those who gave their lives selflessly will mean nothing. Thank you for your service to our country as I know the value of it and appreciate it with all my heart. I think too many young people take for granted all the freedoms they have here in America and that's a shame. I am voting for McCain because I feel he will keep our military strong and understands the type of people we are dealing with in this war on terror. Sorry for the rant and thanks for listening.

Thank you!:clap

I'm voting for Senator Obama for a lot of reasons. Namely because he's NOT John McCain, nor is Senator Biden NOT Sarah Palin. That's reason enough for me. Just think about the last eight years. Do we as a nation really want to put the Republicans back in charge and trust them to get things back on track? Gimme a break.

so if biden is not, not Palin then Biden is Palin?

i agree, barrack obama is a smooth talker. but so was hitler. look where he took the german people...change , what change.
higher taxes and alot more jobs lost.
yeah don't negotiate with terrorist...

i agree, barrack obama is a smooth talker. but so was hitler. look where he took the german people...change , what change.
higher taxes and alot more jobs lost.
yeah don't negotiate with terrorist...

This is really the comparisson you are making?

I'll pick JFK :D

i doubt you would because jfk said, "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country." This goes against the current Demos principles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back