Nolan (Vaguely) Answers if He'll Direct Third Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey - Pattinson was Cedric in Goblet of Fire - so give him a break.

It's difficult to believe that any kind of casting is being "finalized" when there's no script written. Weisz is great, but wouldn't be in my top 10 list for Selina.

I'm sure its more internet gossip but to Weisz's credit I didn't see Ledger as the Joker either...

Weisz was my first pic for Catwoman when it was originally a rumor. I'd still prefer to not have a Catwoman, but if so, she'd be my one. The only thing Joker I'd want in a third movie would be in conversation.

I can't imagine any of this being more than rumor or at least just speculation.

Didn't Nolan have Ledger in mind pretty much off the bat when he developed Joker. Maybe some casting is in consideration as to what characters to use. Who's most ideal Catwoman, Rachel Weisz, do we want Catwoman in the film under that circumstance sort of thing. I'm sure actors and actresses play a big role now in Nolan's creative process. No matter how interesting the Batman characters are, I don't see him using some unless he feels there's an actor that can execute his vision. Ledger met and exceeded where Nolan wanted Joker to go, I'm sure he'll want the same with the next villain(s).

I don't know if Nolan had Ledger in mind right off of the bat but I remember reading that after he met and casted Heath, his energy and way he read the lines formulated the final way that he went with the Joker. So its at least clear that Nolan plays to his actor's strengths by reshaping once they are case.

Hey - Pattinson was Cedric in Goblet of Fire - so give him a break.

The reality is that Pattinson's portrayal of Edward is one of the things that made Twilight enjoyable for me. He played a cool character that you wanted to root for. Much more than any of the other characters, don't hate the guy for playing Edward, like him for playing Edward so well because apparently from the people I've spoken to every character had liberties except Edward who was played very close to the depiction from the novel.

One of the most telling things about folks who haven't seen Twilight but ^^^^^ about it is when the complain about Edward, he was one of the real saving graces of it.

I'm actually interested to see how he'd make Catwoman believable. He definitely made The Scarecrow, Batman, Joker and even Ras seem as if they could possibly be running around in this day and age despite their comic backgrounds.

Back