Noble Collection Indiana Jones Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great stuff. The skull is definitely smaller than the film version though.
that thing was fairly large and would not fit in a Detolf.

It may still fit.

Mine is a bit smaller but take into account I bought this 2 months before the film came out and when the artist made it, he had only 1 actual leaked image of the skull from the front, and got what the side/back looked like from a tiny image of a keychain version of the skull in a japanese flyer.

0040-2.jpg

0041-1.jpg

My boyfriend bought me the Staff of Ra headpiece for Christmas and I think it turned out nice. It's a lot heavier than I thought it would be. It would have been nice to have some kind of IJ logo on the box. It's nondescript and if you are not an Indy fan then you won't know what you are looking at. But, as a gift, I'm not complaining. I plan to display it with the Indy PF.

My wife got me the headpiece for the Staff of Ra for Christmas as well, and it's a nice piece. It's definitely heavier than you would expect, like Choopie said. It was on the pricey side--seems like you're paying for it to be "official" IJ merchandise. But a lovely piece nonetheless.

Now I need the fertility idol!

I got one for XMAS, but NOT the Noble collection version!
I don't care for that one, so I got one of the nice custom jobs with the Amber crystal NOT red!
this one:
rafront4.JPG

This one is also heavy and 24K Gold plated. :gun

I have been kicking the NC around, seems worth it for the price (I think it is only about $95?). :huh

Noble has Indy's machete at 60 percent off and with free shipping, so I decided to give it a whirl. I hope I like it as much as I like the headpiece.

I don't care for that one, so I got one of the nice custom jobs with the Amber crystal NOT red!

Well, can an amber stone do this?

MapRoom-RedCrystal.jpg

;)

Yours looks slightly more detailed than the Acme piece I have. Who made yours? It's really nice.

I went ahead and bought the machete from NC.. ( also picked up the letter opener set).. will post pics when they come in.. should be today or friday..

I went ahead and bought the machete from NC.. ( also picked up the letter opener set).. will post pics when they come in.. should be today or friday..

I have the letter opener set. I like the machete more than the rapier. It's a heavy, solid piece, whereas the rapier feels much lighter and more plastic, but the set overall is nice.

They used a more reddish crystal only in the map room scene....the rest of the Headpieces had an Amber Crystal in them. They're both nice. I just like the look of the Amber crystal more than a ruby red one. Personal preference.

There is a great set of pictures (Front and Back) in the book: From Star Wars to Indiana Jones - The best of the Lucasfilm Archives
(I don't have time to scan them right now)

pp-headpiece2-6.jpg

pp-headpiece1.jpg

pp-headpiece2-4.jpg

Marion_with_headpiece.jpg

:whip

Last edited:
The problem with those books, alot of what is in the Lucas Archives now has been or was damaged at some point.

For example, did you know the Official Lucas Archives Fertility Idols, they have 2 that were in the film, were dropped and damaged a few years ago.

They had to repair them, piece them back togeather and then smooth them out. They lost the original shape they had in the process. So now anything official of the idol Lucasfilms puts out tends to be wrong and misshaped.

The new Coin bank of the idol is the perfect example of this. The shape is way wrong and you can tell its bcuz hey used the Archives Idol as referance.

OK.
But you can see if the film that there is not a ruby in the center when they are initially playing with it.
Also, the book came out in the early 90's and a lot of the pictures are dates (you can tell because of the clothes people are wearing and the quality of the photos.)

Yea, I wasn't saying anything about the headpice, the info you have there seems pretty accurate. And there are 3-4 versions so you seem to have covered them all there too. The one Marion has in the bar. The one after that in Cairo which has the same crystal but more detail. (After its burned in the Raven more detail can be seen at the old man's in egypt. Then that mounted one for the staff of Ra, which had he red crystal. Tho that picture of the mounted one you posted looks like an Indy Magnoli replica.

Just saying not always to trust those offical books 100%.

Right on, Deckard! I hear you.
Yeah, I was having trouble finding a close up on the staff....I don't know why! They is a great shot of Indy standing there with it as the sun is rising, but for the life of me, I can't find it! So, I used IndyM's.

They used a more reddish crystal only in the map room scene....the rest of the Headpieces had an Amber Crystal in them. They're both nice. I just like the look of the Amber crystal more than a ruby red one. Personal preference.

Oh, I know. Just messing with you. As you said, personal preference. I remember the red spot in the photo I posted from when I was a kid, so I always thought it was a red stone. Took the advent of DVDs before I could tell the color for sure. You never really see the red stone, just the light that it casts.

But I've also run across these, so make of them as you will.

hpfrntsm.jpg

slot.jpg

hpback.jpg

I remember a debate a while back about what the headpiece was actually supposed to be made of. Indy says it's worthless bronze, but bronze tarnishes. Gold would be very heavy, and not a comfortable thing to wear.

You must realize that for this prop, go with what you feel looks best to you. There isn't any one version that's more correct than the other. And this piece would never have existed in the real world. It is supposed to have been over 2,500 years old, but there was clearly a faceted stone as the eye. Stone cutting wasn't done in that fashion until the 13th century.

So like you said, personal preference. I would love to have one of Redfour's bronze pieces with my red crystals, but for the time, I'm happy with my Acme Artifacts. Looks great on the shelf, and only a handful of people know the details well enough to care.

I would love to see comparison shots between a fanmade headpiece such as ours, and a Noble version. Anyone?

The NC Indiana Jones Machete & The Mutt Williams Sword are both 60% off at their site. Probbaly a great deal, I never seen a sale at their site.

I received the Indy machete. The machete itself is nice, but the display case lacks in quality. The piece is held in place on the case by magnets, and it's meant to be hung up. I don't like that the machete is exposed, so I may see if I can find a plexiglass cover to fit the case and display the piece on a table top. It's definitely not worth the $200-plus MSRP, but for $87 I'm happy with it.

Here are a few pics:

Choopie, a question (if you would be so kind to answer)....

How sharp is the blade on this machete? I ordered one, but the open face of the display case and the magnetic holders make me nervous, as I have a very inquisitive 6 year old running around.

Does the blade have a blunted edge, or is it full on "hack and slash" sharp?

Thanks in advance.

Back