"No Name" bodies***REVIEW LINK ON Page 1***

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "No Name" bodies

Mine came today

Wee bit loose round the waist but stable enough to hold a pose :) Hands not a great fit very hard to get shoes on but cant complain with this price

Ordered on the 3 of feb which was the weekend so not bad on the shipping :)

lol finally got this badboi out of the box
IMG_0768.jpg

That would be the same with a True Type.

Cop Joker looks great BTW. :)

so what is a good SLIM body that uses easily found hands & feet? Obitsu and Volks don't i think. out of the TTLs, which is thinnest? 1.0,2.0,3.0?

so what is a good SLIM body that uses easily found hands & feet? Obitsu and Volks don't i think. out of the TTLs, which is thinnest? 1.0,2.0,3.0?

Shoulder wise, they are all the same size, TTL 1 is thin on the wait tho', but I don't like TTL 1 at all. I prefer TTL 2.

Surprised to see my bodies sitting in the mailbox after just ten days since ordering! Awesome!

I don't have a ton of experience with various bodies and all the nuances that a true TrueType might have, but after a quick initial impression they certainly passed muster for me. I only ordered a couple this round, just to make sure they were good quality, will definitely order some more soon for the rest of my Ghostbusters.

I too got mine today after just 9 days from ordering!

However, mine has a couple of very loose joints: the left shoulder and the left knee. The left shoulder is loose where the shoulder lifts straight up parallel to the body as if you were pointing out to the left. And the left knee is loose on the upper joint above the kneecap.

I see a screw cover on the shoulder that should access the screw to tighten that joint. Does anyone know how to remove those covers? And is there a way to tighten the top knee joint? The bottom knee joint is accessible if you remove the lower leg. Is there a way to remove the knee from the upper leg in order to access the screw?

Otherwise I would say it's pretty good. If only the joints were all consistently tight I would buy a couple more.

I had a loose shoulder as well. If you mean parallel to the floor then I had the same weak spot. I tightened one of the screws that are exposed and it's perfect now. You shouldn't need to take off a screw cover for that joint.

For joints that I do need to remove the screw covers for, I just kind of dig them out with an exacto blade. If there's a better way I'd like to know.

Knees might be a problem. The only way I know to tighten them is with the superglue trick. Use the craft glue style (the kind with a brush) and brush some into the joint. Then keep it moving until you're sure the glue is dry. That should leave it tight. Repeat as necessary.

Bummer that you have that much trouble with one figure. I bought 3 and only had the one loose shoulder on the one figure.

I use an exacto plade to get those screw covers out as well... if you're careful you can prevent from damaging them too much; although I've never got one out completely clean.

Thanks Maglor and galactiboy. The cap on the shoulder is the access to the screw I need to tighten. I'll give it a shot. As far as the knee, I can get around it by keeping the top joint straight and only bending the bottom knee joint. But I'm gonna try and find a way to get at that screw. I might have to take the whole upper leg apart to do it.

Like I said, apart from the loose joints, it's a pretty good body.

You can open the thigh with by removing the screws, but part of the thigh is also glued together so you'll probably need to get a thin knife or something to score the seam and then get leverage to crack it open.

I had a TT with a loose piece of plastic rattling around in the thigh; didn't effect the function but annoyed the hell out of me :lol I did end up using some model glue on the seams before I screwed the thigh back togehter.

Thanks for that heads up, g! I won't bother with opening the thigh then and just try the glue in the joint trick instead.

Got my bodies in the mail today; really impressive for $20ish a piece. As others have said its not quite as tight as a TrueType, but pretty damn close and much nicer than the TTL bodies.

I hope they keep making these as I'm sure I'll be back for more :rock

Is anyone in the US distributing these? I'd like to get a few but for 5 the shipping is $41. Thats almost 3 more figures!!

Thanks. I had found the link on the first page. $15.99 per figure but $9.00 shipping on the first then $8 per after that. YIKES!

Yeah, buying direct from Headplay is kind of a rip off for shipping. You pay a bit more for the body from the seller I listed; but ends up being $5 less per body.

Back