NO 12" SW Comic-Con Exclusive!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Sideshow produce a SDCC exculsive 12" SW figure?

• YES

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • NO

Votes: 41 59.4%

• Total voters
Buttmunch said:
Why should you be rewarded for going in the first place? If you choose to go and be able to talk to the Sideshow guys and other special guests and celebrities at the show why do you need a reward. The show should be a reward itself. I'd love to go to a SDCC with or without exclusives. I'd probably enjoy the show more without there being exclusives I'd like to buy.

Going does kick ass as does meeting SS. Those are the reasons I go but getting a cool exclusive is a nice cherry on top so to speak. The funny thing is god knows how many companies do exclusives for say SDCC and several of them happen to be SW or whatever. Also again how many of these SDCC exclusives can still be had what 6 months after the show????????

I know it is a way for companies to pay for going to the con. Most other companies exclusives are available for near cost after the show. Sideshow's aren't though. I don't mind them doing a exclusive or two, just not a Star Wars one. The current exclusives are hard enough to get! A SDCC exclusive would have to have a very high edition and be easily available to non-attendees for there not to be a massive outrage. At least the con is a nice way to get a simple variant like Sith eyes Anakin made.

I know that I'll want the SDCC exclusive(s) what ever it is. I just want to be able to get one. Sideshow is the only company I don't like doing exclusives. They just become to expensive on the secondary market. As long as Sideshow comes up with a way to get most people the exclusive like they did last year, I'll be fine with it. But if there is only going to be 1,000 availble for non-attendees, the site would crash completely!

I think a Star Wars con exclusive is almost guaranteed. There is "outrage" each year about this kind of thing but they aren't going to make it Yoda (unless it's a variant) or some other important character. I'd imagine a SDCC exclusive would be something like Sith eyes Anakin, battle-damaged C-3PO, Stormtrooper belt Tatooine Luke or something like that.

But I do understand the frustration of people that aren't going. I don't think anyone needs to be "rewarded" for going to the con as it's fun in itself. But the companies need the exclusives to create buzz and excitement around their presence at the event.

Back