NO 12" SW Comic-Con Exclusive!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Sideshow produce a SDCC exculsive 12" SW figure?

• YES

Votes: 28 40.6%
  • NO

Votes: 41 59.4%

• Total voters
Michael Crawford said:
I would assume we're discussing the sixth scale line.

We are but it's not like they didn't do a SW SDCC exclusive already was my point. So it's not like it hasn't been done before so I don't see the risk in SS doing it. Besides the ES on this piece will probably be like 6500 or something so there would be pieces left over I would bet.

i voted no, but fully expect that there will be some -- i just hope they are in the variant end of the spectrum (luke in x-wing gear, han in bespin outfit, etc.) because, even though they would be pretty sought after, it would take a tiny bit of the sting out of missing them.

Trying to think of a Star Wars exclusive for SDCC, I'd go with a clonetrooper variant. Not 501st, but maybe one from the battle for Kashyyk.

This picture may not stay up very long before someone deletes it. I have recieved a picture of the Exclusive Star War Figure for SDCC 2006! Sideshow, great job as always!! :rock

Enjoy lcummins before Sideshow or Dave find out. :google

aniluke2av.jpg

Last edited:
I had to vote NO as living in the UK I would never be able to get to the SDCC 2006..:rolleyes:

But if SS would keep around 2/3 for online ordering then a SDCC special edition would be OK with me..:D

WW :Wizard

I voted "Yes." I always enjoy Con exclusives even though I never go. They're generally pretty easy to get online anyway.

elwood49 said:
I voted "Yes." I always enjoy Con exclusives even though I never go. They're generally pretty easy to get online anyway.

I agree with ya for once Elwood. They are so easy to get after the convention.

Bummer!

Hmmm??? Running consistently about 60/40 against! I really did not expect it to be this close. Well, I'll guess we'll see what happens come SDCC! I hope some of you don't regret your vote later... :horror

lcummins said:
Hmmm??? Running consistently about 60/40 against! I really did not expect it to be this close. Well, I'll guess we'll see what happens come SDCC! I hope some of you don't regret your vote later... :horror

I know I won't. I'll be as happy as a school boy when I'm picking mine up in July.:banana

I voted NO , it is gonna be really ugly when they announce the SDCC exclusive is 12" Boba Fett.

show73 said:
I voted NO , it is gonna be really ugly when they announce the SDCC exclusive is 12" Boba Fett.

Or that SDCC Exclusive Darth Vader with removable helmet limited to 100 pieces.

There are some hints in the podcast about what kind of Star Wars 12" they might do as an "event" exclusive. I don't think anyone's going to be too P.O.ed about it.

Darklord Dave said:
There are some hints in the podcast about what kind of Star Wars 12" they might do as an "event" exclusive. I don't think anyone's going to be too P.O.ed about it.

I will be. Unless they give us who are not going a fair opertunity to get one. Even then I'll still be a little P.O.ed. The Con Exclusives are unfair to those that can't go. They alienate loyal customers who don't have the means to attened a show that could be thousands of miles from their homes. I know they want to have something special for those going, but can't they just get a sneak peek of the next figure or something instead?

Buttmunch said:
I will be. Unless they give us who are not going a fair opertunity to get one. Even then I'll still be a little P.O.ed. The Con Exclusives are unfair to those that can't go. They alienate loyal customers who don't have the means to attened a show that could be thousands of miles from their homes. I know they want to have something special for those going, but can't they just get a sneak peek of the next figure or something instead?

Why though should those of us going be punished because not everyone can go. Life isn't fair as I've had to learn over and over.

Why should you be rewarded for going in the first place? If you choose to go and be able to talk to the Sideshow guys and other special guests and celebrities at the show why do you need a reward. The show should be a reward itself. I'd love to go to a SDCC with or without exclusives. I'd probably enjoy the show more without there being exclusives I'd like to buy.

Back