Nintendo Wii-U

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might be my next purchase since I never grabbed it before. Only $40 pre-order price on Amazon right now as well, comes on March 5th.

81YdA7uF6fL._SL1500_.jpg

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/The-Amazing-Spider-Man-nintendo-wii-u/dp/B009VURWHY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360941135&sr=8-1&keywords=spiderman[/ame]

The new Wii U edition of The Amazing Spider-Man includes four bonus DLC packs for the first time on disc and features the same combination of fluid, intuitive combat and exhilarating, free-roam web-slinging action with unique Wii U gameplay elements, making it the ultimate Spider-Man experience.

The Amazing Spider-Man Ultimate Edition DLC Includes:

·Stan Lee Adventure Pack – Completely voiced by the Spider-Man creator himself, you'll play as Stan Lee and web-sling through NYC in an amazing race across the city. Take on Spidey's powers as you wall crawl, web rush, and swing across Manhattan to collect the missing pages of Stan "The Man's" latest script. Collect all the pages and unlock a surprise reward!

· Lizard Rampage Pack – Take control of Dr. Connors' terrifying alter-ego in a race against time as you rampage through the streets as Lizard to defeat Oscorp guards

· Rhino Challenge – Rampage through NYC as the unstoppable Rhino and cause as much destruction as possible before the timer runs out! The more damage you inflict, the more bonus points you earn as you build momentum ramming through taxis and cars!

· Oscorp Search and Destroy Pack – Includes 2 mini-games through Spider-Man's in-game cell phone

· New suits, including the Vigilante suit from The Amazing Spider-Man movie and the Classic Spider-Man suit from the Raimi trilogy

Additional Wii U Exclusive Features:
· Transform the Wii U™ GamePad with the Oscorp OsPhone – Access Spidey's in-game cell phone via the GamePad to accept new challenges, navigate the city, and manage his upgrades

· Off-screen Mode lets users swap instantly between playing on the big screen and the GamePad whenever they choose

The Amazing Spider-Man covers Peter Parker's untold story after the events of last summer's blockbuster film, as Spidey battles an outbreak of reimagined classic Super Villains and all-new creations up and down the towering corridors of Manhattan. Featuring the innovative Web Rush mechanic, the game engages players by offering dynamic choice in action and rewarding skill throughout, whether it's swinging across the urban jungle, striking stealthily from the shadows, or brawling against a dozen enemies at a time.

Has anyone had issues with the Wii U Gamepad not connecting with the console? Tonight when I turned it on, it gave me the message on the gamepad screen that I needed to get closer to the Wii U because it couldn't get a signal, yet I was 5 feet in front of it.

I tried unplugging the system and re-syncing the controller, but I'm still getting the message. :(

So my problem persisted and I called Nintendo. They said I'd need to send in both the system and gamepad so they could determine specifically what the problem was.

The good news is that they give you a pre-paid shipping label and after the console is repaired (one to two week turn around) and sent back, the one year warranty starts over, so good on them for that. :)

The bad news is you're required to pack it yourself, so box, bubble wrap, peanuts etc are the customers responsibility. :(

Overall the phone call was a painless process. I'm sad I'm going to miss the F-Zero release on the 20th.

F-Zero was released to the virtual console today, get it while it's $0.30!!!

Unfortunately, it looks like garbage on the gamepad. :( Still fun though, and looks fine on the TV!

Free downloadable Rayman Legends challenge mode with online leaderboards coming in April: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151460128936211

My rage against Ubisoft is subsided for now, but the rest of the internet is being less kind. Lot's whining and *****ing still going on.

They are whining because the game is done. Just give us the ****ing game. Ridiculous.

BTW, Rayman as a launch title is one of the reasons I bought a WiiU on Day 1. Sooo... I'm a little upset.

F-Zero was released to the virtual console today, get it while it's $0.30!!!

Unfortunately, it looks like garbage on the gamepad. :( Still fun though, and looks fine on the TV!

What's sad is I will probably play this more than the two games I have that are made for wii U. :lol

Today is all about demos. If you've wanted to see what the whole "Monster Hunter" sensation is about, today you can download demos of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on both Wii U and 3DS. There are also demos of Trine 2 on Wii U and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed on 3DS.

Downloaded F-zero today. I was surprised on how basic the first game was. Actually feels like a dumbed-down version of Mario Kart for the SNES.

But 30 cents can't be beat.

Kinda sucks the gamepad screen is kinda smushed too. Why would they do that?

Downloaded F-zero today. I was surprised on how basic the first game was. Actually feels like a dumbed-down version of Mario Kart for the SNES.

But 30 cents can't be beat.

Kinda sucks the gamepad screen is kinda smushed too. Why would they do that?

F-Zero was even a launch title wasn't it? I downloaded it yesterday as well. I can't wait for them to throw up RC Pro AM. I could play that game for hours.

Great list of upcoming games. I will get them all. Although Kirby or Yoshi don't really interest me.

March – Punch Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (NES)

April – Kirby’s Adventure (NES)

May – Super Metroid (SNES)

June – Yoshi / Mario & Yoshi (NES)

July – Donkey Kong (NES)

The drought may be over next week: Lego City Undercover, Monster Hunter, Need For Speed Most Wanted, and Punch Out should all hit the Wii U.

Before the peanut gallery starts screaming "poooooooorrrrrrtttttt!!!!!" about NFS, Criterion has said they've gone through a lot of trouble to make this Wii U version unique. I guess there is off-TV play as well as a "co-pilot" mode where one person could drive using a Wii Remote while the co-pilot changes the environment using the gamepad. Also, this is supposed to be the first third party game to feature "full Miiverse integration", whatever that means.

When does punch out come out?

edit:
Nvm found it in Google. comes out March 20.

Last edited:
Back