Nintendo Wii-U

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The drought may be over next week: Lego City Undercover, Monster Hunter, Need For Speed Most Wanted, and Punch Out should all hit the Wii U.

Before the peanut gallery starts screaming "poooooooorrrrrrtttttt!!!!!" about NFS, Criterion has said they've gone through a lot of trouble to make this Wii U version unique. I guess there is off-TV play as well as a "co-pilot" mode where one person could drive using a Wii Remote while the co-pilot changes the environment using the gamepad. Also, this is supposed to be the first third party game to feature "full Miiverse integration", whatever that means.

Umm....the post right above you has a video of the NFS gameplay features. :lol

A more in depth post of the NFS features from a month ago including using the PC assets when making this version so it isn't a port of PS3/Xbox versions.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5328812&postcount=930

Umm....the post right above you has a video of the NFS gameplay features. :lol

The video is 12 minutes long! That's like 60 years in internet time, you can't expect me to watch that! :wink1:

It'll be interesting to see if this "father and son mode" will be worth anything beyond the comedic value of screwing with the person who is actually playing the game.

Only in Japan

Not necessarily...but likely to be true. Still though, they're so stupid for MH, that's probably all the sales they'll need. Every man, woman and child will buy it in Japan. I think it's even written in their law somewhere.

Zen Studios has finally provided a concrete date for Zen Pinball 2 on Wii U in North America: Thursday, March 21. The free download will be available on the eShop next week, which lets you sample all available tables in Zen Pinball 2's vault for a limited amount of time before purchase is necessary.

Tables are purchased piecemeal through the in-game store, tables including the stock game tables and DLC such as the Marvel Pinball series and the Plants vs. Zombies tie-in. The freshly minted Star Wars tables have not been announced for Nintendo platforms, so naturally there's no mention of them in the announcement.

Finally, we'd be remiss if we didn't mention that purchases on other platforms won't transfer over to the Wii U. Zen Studios offered cross-play on PS Vita and PS3, but since the 3DS and Wii U use different stores, transferring already established content from the handheld to the Wii U is impossible.

Man, this console is starting to become a real letdown. Although I was enjoying it very much when I first got it, ZombiU was awesome, there has been zero games coming out for it that interest me. Lame.

I just wanted to waken this lively post. The Wii U is my first nintendo console, and although I'am disappointed with Wii Us titles. The console has been serving well with its backwards capabilities.

So while i wait for those big titles for the Wii U, I have been catching up on some Wii titles like Donkey Kong Country Returns and Kirbys Yarn, and now I'am looking to add a couple more titles to the list. I'am tossing between the two recent Zelda titles or the Super Mario Galaxy series, as I'am new Wii which titles would you suggest me investing my spare cash in.

I really hope they start cranking out some good stuff. I really didn't use my Wii all that much and so far all I have for the Wii U is ZombiU and NintendoLand. I still need to pick up Super Mario but the rest of the year looks like it's gonna be dry. I wouldn't say I'm disappointed yet but getting there quick. Come on Nintendo.

...the rest of the year looks like it's gonna be dry.

Off the top of my head, some games I'm excited for this year:

Lego City Undercover
Pikmin 3
Game & Wario
The Wonderful 101
Rayman Legends
90s Arcade Racer
Resident Evil Revelations
Wind Waker HD
Super Smash Bros.
Watch Dogs

If none of those tickle your fancy, I think you bought the wrong system.

Anyone pick up Lego City yet? It got decent (8.0) reviews on IGN.

I got it, and it's a lot of fun but something has to be done about those awful loading times. I'm not exaggerating when I say the loading times are the longest I've seen in generations.

Does it do that often? It's an open map style game, right?

I don't think it does it too often, but when it does happen, it's very noticeable as you're just staring at a spinning badge for up to 60 seconds.

The story is fairly linear, but there is an open map to explore and find things. I'm still very early in the game, so that might change later on. The humor is *really* funny, imo, and worth the price of admission for that alone. I'd compare it to Sponge Bob where there are layers to the humor where the kids will laugh at the zany hijinks type stuff and adults will appreciate references to Columbo and Shawshank Redemption.

I think I'll pick it up then. I'm getting tired of Mario.... My son likes to play the boost mode and he just ends up placing blocks right on top of me when I'm jumping, which means I fall to my death, or he'll click on mushrooms, flowers or eggcorns before I can get to them which just makes them vanish.

Back