Nintendo Wii-U

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my nearest is 40 miles so went ahead and ordered it anyways... If I have problems I can exchange it anyways...

my brother got me the Zelda Wii U bundle :rock i set it up last night but didnt get to play. cant wait to go home and relive Windwaker :rock

I'm gonna say. We are really enjoying having a Nintendo in the house again after sending the Wii off to my sister last year. We're playing through Super Mario 3D together and having a blast.

Some of those damn stars are hard to find/get. :panic:

my brother got me the Zelda Wii U bundle :rock i set it up last night but didnt get to play. cant wait to go home and relive Windwaker :rock

Congrats! :hi5:

I put in Twilight Princess...last played 5 years ago....moved my saves over from the Wii...had to look online to remember what in the world I was supposed to do next....it's sucked me in. Zelda FTW.

I put in Twilight Princess...last played 5 years ago....moved my saves over from the Wii...had to look online to remember what in the world I was supposed to do next....it's sucked me in. Zelda FTW.

I like when you get the ability to switch anytime into the wolf in Twilight Princess.

I am alittle angry at my wii u , every thursday i am excited to see whats new and every thursday i am let down.I would love to see some N64 games pop up for download

Nintendo also announced they will also be expanding their character licenses:

https://www.computerandvideogames.com/447412/nintendo-will-expand-its-character-licensing-business/

What does this mean?

More Nintendo collectibles! :rock Which in my opinion, they never really had "enough" out there anyways. We FINALLY just now have gotten collector-level articulated figures of Link, Samus and Mario upcoming. There are also rumors that Nintendo may also start allowing more third-party developers to do Nintendo characters games. Legend of Zelda RPG by Bethesda? Mario Adventure game by Naughty Dog? Hmmm....

I respect Nintendo's "candor" and "respect to their characters", but sometimes in America it IS about getting characters out in the market to get your name out there. Nintendo can't do it on their system alone like they've been able to in the past, and as gamers grow older and move to mature games, Mario, Zelda, Metroid and all the classics won't be as important to the new generations as Halo, Call of Duty, and GTA. Nintendo is a LEGACY and they should show it off more and they can be careful and strategic about it as well.

This is also a response to their poor earnings and the disappointment of the Wii U but I feel this is something Nintendo should have had rolling long ago. Better late than never!

The only issue I see with more licensing for merch is a potential saturation of the market. One of the things that makes collecting video game merch is that it's so darned hard to come by. I'm all for more figures, t-shirts, etc. but I do worry it'll take away from the mystique a litle.

I had $30 in Best Buy certificates, so I ordered Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. IGN gave it a 9 out of 10 rating. :yess:

Back