Nintendo Wii-U

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well screw it then. I'll just leave them on my Wii but that's so freaking annoying.

I loathe digital games. you don't truly own them, the day the company stops hosting or goes under you're ****ed. It's such scam and in 20-30 I'm willing to bet a lot of those games will be totally unfindable to anyone.

I have the same thoughts on them. It's a little scary to see everything gaming related heading toward digital only. You're buying something that only exists as long as they say it does. Not crazy about that. I'll keep buying hard copies as long as they're being sold. Just can't help it. Even with the great prices on Steam and whatnot.

I have the same thoughts on them. It's a little scary to see everything gaming related heading toward digital only. You're buying something that only exists as long as they say it does. Not crazy about that. I'll keep buying hard copies as long as they're being sold. Just can't help it. Even with the great prices on Steam and whatnot.

Same here. I mostly only buy hard copies unless it's a pure digital game like Braid.
That's also why I don't think I care much for the Steam Box.

I'am waiting the wii u out as its my long time return to nintendo since i played my cousins old skool NES system, I got a playstation 3 so with the new console line up i want a nintendo and playstation 4 i might get them together it just depends if the WII U take off.

New news from this morning:

During today's Nintendo Direct, CEO Satoru Iwata announced that the team behind Mario 3D is working on a new installment, with Mario Kart also planned for Wii U.

The games will be playable at this year's E3 show, so hopefully that means they'll be in homes by the holidays.

This morning's Nintendo Direct confirmed two new Zelda games for Wii U, namely a HD remake of GameCube game Wind Waker with improvements to gameplay and graphics, and a brand new entry that will address series conventions like "completing the dungeons in a certain order", and to "play by yourself." The Wind Waker HD remake is confirmed for release "by this Fall."

During the latest Nintendo Direct presentation, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata revealed that Virtual Console will soon be launching for the Wii U. The Virtual Console will launch this spring, after a Wii U system update that will improve the speed of launching software. Another update is planned for the summer that will improve the speed of returning to the Wii U menu.

The Wii U Virtual Console will launch with a selection of NES and Super Nintendo titles, though Iwata noted that it will not launch with the entire library of titles already available on the Wii Virtual Console. The reason for this, said Iwata, is that Wii U Virtual Console games are being newly developed especially for Wii U and will feature the ability for players to save their progress and play directly on the GamePad. Furthermore, the Wii U Virtual Console will eventually include Gameboy Advance games. (What, no Virtual Boy?)

NES games will run from $5 to $6, while Super Nintendo games will run from $8 to $9. However, users who already own a particular NES or SNES game for the Wii Virtual Console will be able to pick up its Wii U counterpart for $1.00 or $1.50, respectively.

Nintendo's Wii U-based Miiverse social network is also getting a big update later this year, including user-created communities, more than one community per title, updated usability, and a more advanced filtering system. That's in addition to a mobile phone-based application, all arriving in 2013 -- you'll be able to access the Miiverse via mobile phone a bit earlier. "Initially the experience will be browser-based, but Nintendo plans to create a dedicated Miiverse app in the future," the official PR reads.

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata announced the updates during a Nintendo Direct video presentation this morning, though he didn't give a concrete date for the Miiverse updates or the mobile app ("spring" was the closest he got, and that's only applicable to mobile access, not the app). He did say that you'll sign into the mobile app using your Nintendo Network ID, and be able to access (and interact) with the Miiverse on-the-go.

^
Great news all around! The Wii U Virtual Console is what I'm most looking forward too! I hope they are going to include more systems than just NES and SNES. N64 and NEO GEO would be awesome! Anyway, I'm excited.

Also, system update to speed the menu browsing up is good news too. They should have had that problem fixed before launch, but better late than never.

More...

yoshi.jpg

It only takes a look at this newly unveiled Yoshi game for Wii U to know it's by the Kirby's Epic Yarn team. The as-yet-unnamed Wii U game will feature the same art style and likely some of the same mechanics of Good-Feel and HAL Laboratory's charming 2010 platformer.

As revealed on this morning's Nintendo Direct, Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story director Takashi Tezuka will supervise the game's development.

vcschedule2.jpg

To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo will make one game available on the Wii U eShop for $0.30 between now and July. Each NES or SNES game will be available at the discounted price for 30 days.

First up is Balloon Fight, which is available right now on the eShop at the discounted price. The next six are listed in the picture above. Remember, you only have 30 days to grab each game for $0.30. The Virtual Console will arrive on the Wii U in greater number following the spring update.

I can't wait to play Wind Waker in HD. I hope they put super nes and genesis virtual console on 3DS. I want another Donkey Kong Country Returns for Wii U.

Check link for trailer

https://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/23/nintendo-new-monolith-soft-for-wii-u-looks-like-xenoblade/

Nintendo has announced a new game from Monolith Soft, developer of Xenoblade Chronicles. A new trailer shows off gameplay and visuals similar to Xenoblade Chronicles, complete with grand, sweeping environments and massive monsters. The game will be directed by Tetsuya Takahashi and will feature music by Hiroyuki Sawano.

The game has no title at the moment, though a large red X is displayed at the end of the trailer, indicating it probably fits in the "Xeno" series in one way or another.

Wonderful 101 looks glorious. So many great announcements today. That should shut the "Nintendo needs to announce some games" crowd up for an hour or so.

I still am trying to talk my wife into one of these. We just had a new baby and bought a house. She doesn't seem to understand why we NEED one. :lol:slap

Here is today's Nintendo Direct video with all the announcements.

[ame]https://youtu.be/4MzG6lDA1A0[/ame]

Back