Nintendo Wii-U

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I played so much Nintendoland at my family's Christmas Eve party that I got sick. We played the Mario Chase game for at least 2 hours straight between about 10 people. We even got some of the grandparents playing who NEVER play video games.

Soooo much fun.

It's nice that it's transferable, but it would have been better if the Wii software was accessible from the Wii U home screen instead of having to do a reboot every time. Also, imagine how cool it would be if they implemented a Wii U specific virtual console where all of those old games were accessible on the pad without having to turn on the t.v. That would be amazing!

Yeah but hey they could always have a system update to do those things. Playing on the game pad would be choice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I played so much Nintendoland at my family's Christmas Eve party that I got sick. We played the Mario Chase game for at least 2 hours straight between about 10 people. We even got some of the grandparents playing who NEVER play video games.

Soooo much fun.

Between this thread and furystorm's LEGO R2, you guys are trying to make me spend over $600 that I don't have. :panic:

I opened my Wii-U on Christmas :yess:
Now I need to set it up and I have a question.

How do you work out the sensor bar in a theater room? All my equipment is behind me in a closet and I just thought about the sensor bar last night. Am I screwed? :dunno

What makes it fun to you? I dont see anything id enjoy, so it would be nice to see it from a non fanboy omfg itz teh besyestz everer viewpoint, makes me see the opposite opinion too.

For me it's NSMBU and ZombiU. Plus Epic Mickey 2 but that's not exclusive so it doesn't count.

There are wireless sensor bars??? Did not know that. Any good one to recommend? Nyko? Mad Catz? Monoprice?

sorry cant help you with that but the Nyko one seems to be with a timer of 1-2h. so if youre planning to play longer than that i wouldnt get nyko

sorry cant help you with that but the Nyko one seems to be with a timer of 1-2h. so if youre planning to play longer than that i wouldnt get nyko

Yeah I did a fair bit of reading and all those true wireless bars eat batteries like it's a snack at school during recess.

But I read good things about Nextronics who have a USB powered bar and also '[ame="https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047QCI3K/ref=ox_ya_os_product"]Sensor Eyes[/ame]' which is what I ended getting.
I'll keep you guys posted.

Yeah, the sensor bar is really just 2 red lights and has nothing to do with the system.

What's your Nintendo ID Drakul?

My wife surprised me with one Christmas morning. Having both a blast and frustrating time with Mario. My 5 month old loves watching me play. I think my ID is EricDM.

im having fun and frustrating times on each game i bought! (zombiU, sonic racing and mario)

anyone else died like 4 times on that one mission alone where the zombies come attack your safe spot? (second mission after the market one). i keep forgetting i have a gun lol

I lost 5 characters there, went 2 hours without losing a character and just lost about another 7 in one place. Gets a bit silly at times but what a great game so far. Critics were too harsh on it.

I plugged it in yesterday and did the whole setup/update. After that I played around a bit with it and it froze when I went into Parental Settings so I went to bed. :lol

OK so how the hell do you redownload your previously downloaded VC games??

I only bought 3 on my Wii so it's not a huge amount but I just linked my Wii-U to my nintendo account and when I go into "Titles you've downloaded" it pulls out nothing.

I tried the SD card thing but it only allows me to copy 1 game out of 3.
And I cook do the whole full transfer thing but then it erases every from the Wii which I don't want.

I swear I hate the digital age, give me a freaking cartridge. :mad:

OK so how the hell do you redownload your previously downloaded VC games??

I only bought 3 on my Wii so it's not a huge amount but I just linked my Wii-U to my nintendo account and when I go into "Titles you've downloaded" it pulls out nothing.

I tried the SD card thing but it only allows me to copy 1 game out of 3.
And I cook do the whole full transfer thing but then it erases every from the Wii which I don't want.

I swear I hate the digital age, give me a freaking cartridge. :mad:

Yeah you have to do the full transfer thing otherwise you cant.

Yeah you have to do the full transfer thing otherwise you cant.

Well screw it then. I'll just leave them on my Wii but that's so freaking annoying.

I loathe digital games. you don't truly own them, the day the company stops hosting or goes under you're ****ed. It's such scam and in 20-30 I'm willing to bet a lot of those games will be totally unfindable to anyone.

Back