Media NINTENDO SWITCH (new console)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NINTENDO NX (new console)

You are aware that Nintendo will probably sell ports of their NGC catalog on their eshop right?

Mario Sunshine HD is coming

Yes I am but, a) The eShop games looks bad on HDTV and b) I prefer physical games. But no point bringing that up now since there's no way to cram a GC disc into this seemingly slim console. :lol

Or you could get an actual GameCube! It's a great beat stick and self defense weapon you know!Maybe where you live but I've seen a lot of

I regretted selling mine for $400 few years back. Did I made a good profit? Sure! But I kinda wished I didn't sold it. :(

I'm excited, but I agree that we need specs.

I'm hoping the battery life for the handheld mode is good. I want dat new 3D Mario game.

That's one reason I think the screen is probably 720p. Most likely if it can support 1080p then that's when it's docked, and when you take it with you it drops to 720p to save battery and cooling.

I'm betting that it's not all that powerful

Biggest knock on Nintendo for basically ALL of their consoles. They're so focused on "fun" they completely dismiss the need to compete with other hardware and power. It worked with the Wii. It didn't with the N64, GameCube and Wii u. If the Switch is yet another Nintendo console that's underpowered and can't compete graphically with the PS4 or XBox1.. then it'll be yet another game cycle where Nintendo comes in third. Which is sad.. because they, by far, make the best games IMO.

Cool concept and this will definitely be a big hit for kids and Nintendo nerds. Parents will love that they can boot their kids off the tv without them having a fit since they can take the system with em. I also see a lot of geeks at the conventions using their 3DS while waiting around or taking a break so I could see this happening too.

But I don't think we'll ever see the current generation games on this thing. Just like the Wii, it probably won't be remotely powerful enough and it'll just get left behind again.

Yes I am but, a) The eShop games looks bad on HDTV and b) I prefer physical games. But no point bringing that up now since there's no way to cram a GC disc into this seemingly slim console. :lol

I regretted selling mine for $400 few years back. Did I made a good profit? Sure! But I kinda wished I didn't sold it. :(
I don't think you get what he's saying

Spoiler Spoiler:

10 year old game re-released in 2013. Remasters, son. Even then, plain old ports like Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 and Metroid Prime Trilogy are noted to look better, and perform better on the Wii U.

How the **** did you sell it for $400?! Doesn't matter, you can pick one up for like 1/10th that price.
Biggest knock on Nintendo for basically ALL of their consoles. They're so focused on "fun" they completely dismiss the need to compete with other hardware and power. It worked with the Wii. It didn't with the N64, GameCube and Wii u. If the Switch is yet another Nintendo console that's underpowered and can't compete graphically with the PS4 or XBox1.. then it'll be yet another game cycle where Nintendo comes in third. Which is sad.. because they, by far, make the best games IMO.
GameCube was actually more powerful then the PS2, so you know. Look at Resident Evil 4, and some other titles that are noticeably superior looking then on PS2. N64's power wasn't terrible, but the cartridge format was its downfall. Wii and Wii U have no excuse however.

Graphically, it did have better looking games. But it wasn't more powerful than the PS2 overall. It didn't have backwards compatibility (PS2) it didn't have a DVD player (PS2 and Xbox) and because of the choice to go with Optical Disks instead of standard DVD's, GameCube games didn't have the storage space that the PS2 and Xbox had. Main reason most of their games had lesser quality audio and cut scenes that used in-game graphics instead of FMV.

Graphically, it did have better looking games. But it wasn't more powerful than the PS2 overall. It didn't have backwards compatibility (PS2) it didn't have a DVD player (PS2 and Xbox) and because of the choice to go with Optical Disks instead of standard DVD's, GameCube games didn't have the storage space that the PS2 and Xbox had. Main reason most of their games had lesser quality audio and cut scenes that used in-game graphics instead of FMV.

That, and no sane 3P publisher wanted to work with them.

Hell, Capcom first said that RE4 would never come out in another system. And it made gazillions thanks to the PS2.

Nintendo truly needs to get their collective heads out of their asses.

That, or just release games. Stop with the kiddie consoles.

Kids want an iPad or an iPhone.

Nintendo knows it's market. It owns the mobile gaming world and they just combined the home console with their on the go market. If this is compatible with 3DS games, this will easily be Nintendo's best system. Even though I don't travel a lot, maybe fly on a plane twice a year, this is definitely something I would buy for traveling.

Kudos to Nintendo for finally putting out a console worthy of getting excited about.

Well graphically is all I meant. I know some games had frame rate issues though, in comparison. But backwards compatibility was Nintendo's fault since the N64 wasn't discs, and Nintendo's strange disc choice. Hell that smaller disc size really did bite them in the ass badly.
That, and no sane 3P publisher wanted to work with them.

Hell, Capcom first said that RE4 would never come out in another system. And it made gazillions thanks to the PS2.

Nintendo truly needs to get their collective heads out of their asses.

That, or just release games. Stop with the kiddie consoles.

Kids want an iPad or an iPhone.
Mikami said that with RE4, not necessarily Capcom. Said he would cut off his own head :lol Moving RE to Nintendo only never made sense.

Also kids don't really know **** these days to be fair. I feel like companies shouldn't focus on kids as much, and instead older demographics. You know, the adults/college kids who grew up with older consoles. It sort of works for Nintendo at times but it's basically a slap in the face to their hardcore, long time running fans.
Nintendo knows it's market. It owns the mobile gaming world and they just combined the home console with their on the go market. If this is compatible with 3DS games, this will easily be Nintendo's best system. Even though I don't travel a lot, maybe fly on a plane twice a year, this is definitely something I would buy for traveling.

Kudos to Nintendo for finally putting out a console worthy of getting excited about.
I honestly don't see myself using the portability aspect that much. Maybe for family trips or outings/get togethers when everyone's going ballistic about Trump, but not stuff like work commutes. I still prefer my 3DS for that sort of thing. I worry about the condition or losing the stuff, whereas I know my 3DS is always on me in my pocket. I heard from some sources that Nintendo stated this won't work with 3DS games, but I could see it happening, maybe.

I don't think you get what he's saying

Spoiler Spoiler:

10 year old game re-released in 2013. Remasters, son. Even then, plain old ports like Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 and Metroid Prime Trilogy are noted to look better, and perform better on the Wii U.

How the **** did you sell it for $400?! Doesn't matter, you can pick one up for like 1/10th that price.GameCube was actually more powerful then the PS2, so you know. Look at Resident Evil 4, and some other titles that are noticeably superior looking then on PS2. N64's power wasn't terrible, but the cartridge format was its downfall. Wii and Wii U have no excuse however.

Well, I manage to sell it at $400 because I had the super duper rare component cables as a part of the set. :lol

Well, I manage to sell it at $400 because I had the super duper rare component cables as a part of the set. :lol
You need to mention these things! God damn it rook, you and your cheating ways :monkey4:

Btw I answered your question on eShop games! Take note of it young one, this is what we may get :lecture at full retail...

Cool gimmick, but as a guy in my early 30's, I don't walk around with games or go outside to play games with other dudes like in the commercial. If I was 12, this console would be great, but as an adult, it's a no go for me. If Nintendo makes the old games catalog available, and this console has a lot of third party games, then it might be worth it.

I will get this as i have every nintendo console great stuff they are back in the game if they have 3rd party support .

So I read today that Nintendo still plans on making a successor to the 3DS? That leaves me torn because I was under the impression that this would 'bridge the gap' between mobile and home consoles - eliminating the need for a 3DS successor. Obviously, I was wrong. But can anyone else chime in on what they know - ie. am I right, wrong, etc.?

While it's portable, I don't really see it as a replacement for the 3DS due to its size, you're not going to just casually take it with you when you go out, while something like the 3DS can fit in your pocket.

The Switch is powered with graphics by Nvidia.

"Nintendo Switch is powered by the performance of the custom Tegra processor. The high-efficiency scalable processor includes an NVIDIA GPU based on the same architecture as the world’s top-performing GeForce gaming graphics cards."

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/10/20/nintendo-switch/

I think it will have a pretty good graphics processor. The question is, will the game take advantage of it or not? I'm sure we will see some realistic looking games since Nintendo has listed a ton of 3rd party companies that will supposedly make games for the console. But Nintendo games typically are more on the cartoony side of graphics. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it may not show off the graphics as well as photo realistic. Despite that, I love me some cartoony graphics games.

It's highly unlikely that the hardware will be all that much more capable than the WiiU, it's probably close to the same performance or a little better, you're not going to be blown away by the graphics with this. There's only so much you can do with something that size that runs on a battery and at a low pricepoint.

Back