Media NINTENDO SWITCH (new console)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool gimmick, but as a guy in my early 30's, I don't walk around with games or go outside to play games with other dudes like in the commercial. If I was 12, this console would be great, but as an adult, it's a no go for me. If Nintendo makes the old games catalog available, and this console has a lot of third party games, then it might be worth it.

You're not playing nba2k outside after you just got done playing real basketball? Lies.

I actually like that you're able to take the game on the go. For people like me who work in a cubical all day I'm able to play during my lunch break at my desk for an hour or so. The extra appealing part is these are actual console games, not 3ds made games which I generally have little to no interest in.

I'm sure they'll have a bundle but I don't see a Zelda themed Switch happening.

Really? I totally disagree.

They made a Zelda-themed Wii and Wii U, why not expect a Zelda-themed Switch?

Again, you could be 100% right. Time will tell, but I would be surprised if they didn't eventually release one. It seems like Playstation and X-Box have a themed console coming out every other month. (It's an exaggeration, but still.)

Really? I totally disagree.

They made a Zelda-themed Wii and Wii U, why not expect a Zelda-themed Switch?

They released a Wii U Zelda (Windwaker) themed console which I have and that was the following year of the initial Wii U release. Aside from that there has not be another Wii U or Wii Zelda themed console. When you say Zelda themed Wii you might be thinking of the gold controller that was released with Skyward Sword. They also released a gold nunchuck but I believe that was only available through Nintendo points.

I say that we might not get a Zelda themed Switch at launch with this new game (Breath of the wild) because when Twilight Princess was released it was for Gamecube AND Wii. The game was released the SAME day on both consoles and the day it came out so did the Wii. This is the same situation. Breath of wild is being released for Wii U AND Switch. The game is coming out the same day as the Switch (from what I've read) so I'm just going off history.

Again, I think we wont get a Zelda themed Switch at launch, but we could see one later down the road.
Again, you could be 100% right. Time will tell, but I would be surprised if they didn't eventually release one. It seems like Playstation and X-Box have a themed console coming out every other month. (It's an exaggeration, but still.)

I agree about xbox/ps, but Nintendo is a different animal which is a shame. I think it would be awesome to offer tons of different themed consoles to the fans. We all know Nintendo loves to offer their handhelds in ever theme possible under the sun. Why not consoles?

When did they make a Zelda themed Wii? We had the Skyward Sword bundle but that was just the remote, not the whole system. Also, Twilight Princess on GameCube was not released on the same day. Wii was November, GameCube was December. Also Breath of the Wild comes out pretty soon after the Wii U's launch while The Wind Waker HD came at least a year after the Wii U's initial launch so that's why there was a Wind Waker themed Wii U. We did get a bunch of Zelda themed 3DSes including one at launch, but Nintendo goes berserk with handheld variations :lol

I dunno, it varies but we will totally get a Zelda themed Switch later, I don't see it at launch.

Don't take it the wrong way, it was bizarre as hell why Nintendo did that...they were that desperate for Wii sales I guess and there's a lot of misconceptions about the release date for Twilight Princess still.

No worries I don't at all. I stood in line at Gamestop to PO the Wii/TP when they first came out so I just assumed the GC version came out the same day. Just to make sure I even googled twilight princess Gamecube and off the right it shows the November date. I guess I should have did a little more digging.

I guess I could see the reasoning behind it to ensure more Wii sales. Fan favotie game and a new console launch. They know the fans will want to play the game as soon as possible and in order to do that you need to purchase a Wii. Winning situation for Nintendo.

I know when I went to go PO there were only about 17-20 slots open at Gamestop and there were well more than that many people standing in line with me.

Yeah it had to be for the Wii's sales, and as for playing ASAP, the game was delayed so many times. Zelda fans can be rabid after all :lol not complaining though!

The GC version of TP is pretty expensive though since unlike the Wii version it never had a re-release and was a late GC title, probably the last good one. That may happen with the Wii U version too actually, especially with production ending soon.

It might be possible though that the Wii U version is better than the Switch version, graphically that is. It's unclear how powerful the Switch is, but I don't see it being much different from a Wii U

There may be a higher frame rate, and some graphical additions. On Wii, TP had 16:9/wide screen support and it looked slightly better in some areas. But I doubt either version will look that better, and I don't see the Wii U version looking better. It might be better optimized perhaps.

You're not playing nba2k outside after you just got done playing real basketball? Lies.

I actually like that you're able to take the game on the go. For people like me who work in a cubical all day I'm able to play during my lunch break at my desk for an hour or so. The extra appealing part is these are actual console games, not 3ds made games which I generally have little to no interest in.

I have an iPhone for playing on the go. And it happens to do much more than just that.

Yes, probably not the same, but it is for most people, and that's why this will fail IF that's its number one intended use.

All personal preference applies with the phone to handheld (3ds/psp) debate. You like what you like.

As far as the Switch failing we will just have to wait and see. I think it'll do decent-well. I'm not expecting it to do as well as the Wii by any means but I still think it'll succeed.

There's no real way to tell how well the console will do. People were skeptical on the Wii U, and for good reason, but PS4 and XB1 I don't think anyone expected their sales. I get the vibe the Switch has remedied the Wii U's problems, mainly the gimmicks. But I don't think it did away with all the problems and that alone, it will be enough to get Nintendo back on top.

I think the main issue with the Wii U was the marketing and the name, this is different enough and easier to market.
But, for developers it's still going to be an issue to develop for because of the lack of power. Though the Wii did well enough with that handicap.

Teaser trailer makes it looks great but my greatest concern is the battery life. Guess we'll find out more next year?

Back