Media NINTENDO SWITCH (new console)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NINTENDO NX (new console)

nintendoPartners.jpg

ref: https://www.nintendo.com/switch

I like that it uses cartridges/SD card. maybe get the smaller boxes with nice box art.

Looks great but my hopes of NGC backwards compatibility diminishes with the reveal. I just don't play new games that much anymore, regardless of what platforms they're on so an upscaled NGC would have sold it for me.

Still though, I hope Nintendo would break out of their slump and give Sony and MS some much needed competition.

My inner child wants to support Nintendo, but I truly don't understand what the **** they are doing.

Release a powerful, home console. Leave handhelds games for the 3DS and smartphones. People want a powerful console at home, period. You rarely see anyone with a handheld gaming device anymore. It's done. And seeing how poorly the Wii U did, its surprising they are still tackling that same gimmick.

Skyrim? Lol.

Just make a partnership with apple and release your games on iOS.

I bought into Gamecube, and owned less than 10 games in it's entire life cycle, same with Wii. Not ever giving them another dime.

Did they also release official specs on the hardware?

I'd like to know what they've put inside this thing, CPU, resolution of the screen, OLED or LCD, etc.
So this must be using SSD and nothing optical.

I'm excited but at the same time disappointed that this will again fall behind in terms of support from third party vendors.

I'm kind of mixed on this. I kind of like the idea but there's some issues:

-It's interesting that it's portable, but for something portable it's not something you're going to carry around with you unless you plan ahead and don't mind the size. Plus, in the U.S. most people don't have a lot of opportunity where they'd want to use it. It's really only a useful feature on trips.
-I'm betting that it's not all that powerful, it could be lower-powered than the Wii U due to how it has to be portable, otherwise it's probably around the same amount of power or maybe a little more. I'm also betting the screen is 720p

Looks great but my hopes of NGC backwards compatibility diminishes with the reveal. I just don't play new games that much anymore, regardless of what platforms they're on so an upscaled NGC would have sold it for me.

Still though, I hope Nintendo would break out of their slump and give Sony and MS some much needed competition.

You are aware that Nintendo will probably sell ports of their NGC catalog on their eshop right?

Mario Sunshine HD is coming

Could do with a new James Bond game.Hard to think Goldeneye N64 was nearly 20 years ago now.No game ever grabbed me like that before or since.

Looks good. Surprised some of the rumors were true...but people are missing the big picture. We need the specs. It's not a dud, and hopefully the lack of gamepad gimmicks won't kill the games or turn off developers but we need those specs! That'll make or break the system. I'm honestly not getting one till maybe Christmas of next year, when bundles are out and hopefully other games are announced. The handheld part...how will that work...? That hopefully won't harm games either.
Please have GameCube backwards compatibility.
Or you could get an actual GameCube! It's a great beat stick and self defense weapon you know!
You rarely see anyone with a handheld gaming device anymore. It's done..
Maybe where you live but I've seen a lot of people at conventions, universities, malls and such still playing 3DS and Vitas in my area and out of state.
I bought into Gamecube, and owned less than 10 games in it's entire life cycle, same with Wii. Not ever giving them another dime.
I mean the Wii has so much shovelware it's not even funny, and most of the good games weren't advertised at all. But GameCube? Whaaaaaa

cb10018cf14c6d9c21de4368dfc6ba6f.jpg

I'm excited, but I agree that we need specs.

I'm hoping the battery life for the handheld mode is good. I want dat new 3D Mario game.

OMFG. I'm excited. I know I'm letting myself get hyped for disappointment because there is no way it works just as it showed in the trailer but the thought has me hyped. If you can seriously have everything portable and it works well, I don't see myself passing up a game available for Switch for another console just to the fact I can play anywhere. Although there are some serious questions I'm pretty hyped.

Back