Media Nintendo NX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chapter 2099

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's coming....Nintendo's next gaming system was announced today - code-named "NX." There wasn't much released, in terms of details, but Director/President of Nintendo, Saturo Iwata, made it clear that they're looking to break new ground.

More details are noted at Kotaku.com.

Nintendo's Next System Is Code-Named The NX

pretty much. Nintendo has a shorter system cycle than the other guys and the WiiU still isn't selling very well, so I guess they're looking ahead already. This is pretty early, but not too surprising.

I don't know how anyone has faith in this companies consoles, every one since 64 has been pretty much a bust.

Quite how Nintendo failed to produce a powerful version of the Wii when they were selling tonnes of those consoles was beyond me. All they needed was to power up the hardware and add a normal controller. It wasn't rocket science. The Wii U was OK but came way too late. PS4 was my choice and very happy with it I am :)

Question is when this will release. They need to get it out as soon as possible, but I don't see them announcing a release this year with Zelda and Starfox coming out. But if it comes out next year then I'd be concerned about what releases they'll have beyond Zelda and Starfox.

If they made a console at the same capability as the PS4/Xbox One and made it easy enough for developers to make games for it, they'd do fine. They have the first party games so many people would choose them if they got the third party games as well.

If they made a console at the same capability as the PS4/Xbox One and made it easy enough for developers to make games for it, they'd do fine. They have the first party games so many people would choose them if they got the third party games as well.

Unless Nintendo has a big culture shift I don't see this happening, as much as I want it to. :(

Unless Nintendo has a big culture shift I don't see this happening, as much as I want it to. :(
Wants there something about a shift to mobile ?

Nintendo still have some great platforms. Mario and Zelda etc but I would like to see them match with the all round entertainment system. The PS4 is going to take some beating this time around

I'll buy a Nintendo console if it renders in true 1080P, anything below just doesn't really cut it anymore, I mean even phones are pretty much all 1080P nowadays. (except iPhone 6, but that's a whole other topic..)

-

I'm agreeing 100% with this. I'd like Nintendo to stop going for the "casual" gamer market and actually make something powerful enough to keep up with the other consoles. I'm one of those people that would buy one over the other consoles just because of their first party games. Add the ability to play the other non-exclusive games and I'm sold.

Nintendo seems to be following down the path of SEGA now.

Sega Saturn is to Wii U, as Dreamcast is to NX.

Might be there final shot... but fortunately handheld sales help.

Maybe its that Hybrid Mobile/Console thing, that rumors have been talking about.

Maybe its that Hybrid Mobile/Console thing, that rumors have been talking about.

I think your right, too soon for a new gaming console. Poor decision by Nintendo to release that statement because those tempted to buy the Wii U will likely postpone and wait for this NX...

Back