Media Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had hundreds of nes games on an emulator on my ds for years. There are lots of other options out there if you can't find this in stock.

Years ago I learned about WiiFlow. Best thing I stumbled across since getting the Wii. All the NES/SNES games I've played so far are 100% stable. Something to consider for anyone with about a couple of hours of free time.

why am i searching the internet for cheat codes on these retro games.lolz
gradius power up cheat works. 80 lives doesnt work.lolz

Why is it always Super C that's available on these retro systems/virtual consoles and never the original Contra?

I thought I heard there were licensing issues between the NES version and the arcade version.

Or Konami just sux.

I got this on launch day. With Nintendo releases, you don't take chances. The key was to be at the store early, got there at 5am, was first in line. But by the time they handed out tickets (only 11), around 40 people were turned away. Not to mention after that, person after person kept showing up, only to be turned away as well once they heard tickets were handed out.

It's not something everyone can do, but in today's world of supply being less than demand....and with some companies like Nintendo, you have be on top of these things or outsmart the scalpers/other fans.

I noticed Nintendo is branding these as a line of "Nintendo Classics", I do anticipate possible SNES and N64 releases in the next few years, one per year (if the company is still around....).

I went to the Dollar General tonight, and the had a Genesis like this with 30 licensed games, plus 50 other, public domain type games, for less than $30. Probably just a matter of time before Nintendo goes the same route.

That one isnt BY sega/genesis though, as this NES Classic is BY Nintendo.

That one isnt BY sega/genesis though, as this NES Classic is BY Nintendo.
It is fully licensed, and the system looks like the Genesis. Does the actual manufacturer have any practical impact on this? Or is it some kind of branding thing? It probably doesn't have HDMI outputs, but when you're taking about a 30 year old system, does that really mayer? There was also an Atari version.

Tried to play some games today but quit because I'm sitting way too close to the TV due to the stupid controller cable. Bought extension cables off eBay with express shipping instead. :lol

Whats the big draw on this, hdmi? lol I dont even remember what hookups my nintendo has

The big draw is the convenience of plug and play, which is nothing new but a first by a major company to do so. The original NES had Composite and RF outputs only, and most modern TVs can't display 240p properly anyway.

Back