Nintendo 3DS & 3DSXL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Nintendo 3DS

Bumping this up before we get the big release news sometime around Sep 29th. Rumor is the system is going to release on November 22nd.

Let's hope that isn't true because it will be IMPOSSIBLE to get.

Bumping this up before we get the big release news sometime around Sep 29th. Rumor is the system is going to release on November 22nd.

If they get enough produced, that time would be magic for Nintendo. Times like these that preorders are incredibly handy. I'm definetly going to gamestop the day these go up for preorder, because I'm certainly liking everything I see so far. Admittedly, I'm only 90% sure I'm going to get it. The missing 10% is in case I actually don't like it. Hoping to check out a demo model before I purchase it.

Yeah if this is the case I'll just wait until my B-day in April to get one. I'd appreciate it if they released it sometime at the end of October.

If they get enough produced, that time would be magic for Nintendo. Times like these that preorders are incredibly handy. I'm definetly going to gamestop the day these go up for preorder, because I'm certainly liking everything I see so far. Admittedly, I'm only 90% sure I'm going to get it. The missing 10% is in case I actually don't like it. Hoping to check out a demo model before I purchase it.

Even if you buy it before playing it I'm sure you won't have a problem re-selling it if you decide you don't like it.

That's the rumored date for Japan only, right? Doesn't really affect us unless you're thinking about importing.

Cool. I'd probably import one anyway if Japan get's there's way before we do. No region lock-out for games.

New trailer featuring footage from almost every known 3DS game:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/POY5DMZzeVA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/POY5DMZzeVA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I'm impressed. :drool

Another update from Nintendo's press conference tonight:

February 26th 2011 for Japan
March 2011 for U.S. And Europe

- will include 2gb sd card
- will include charging cradle

-3DS Virtual Console for Game Boy and Game Boy Advance titles.
-3DS online service will sell Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Classic Games in 3D, DSiWare, and 3DS (ware?) titles.
-Always on passive Tag Mode that can do data exchange, even for games not being played.
-Japanese launch colors are Aqua Blue and Cosmos Black.
-Home button brings up an ingame menu enabling users to browse the web, turn Wi-Fi on/off and modify other settings without exiting.
-"Mii Studio" Application: Take a picture of yourself and have it auto converted into a Mii.
- "AR Games" Application: Built in augmented reality games (comes with six paper cards for these).
-"Nintendo 3DS Cameras" Application: The 3DS can automatically merge two photos into a single image. I'm assuming this is also for taking pictures.
-"Nintendo 3DS Sound" Application: Unsure, guessing something like Mario Paint.
-"Chance Encounter Mii Plaza" Application: I'm assuming this is a place for Miis to hang out that you've picked up from tag mode and/or QR codes.
-"Book" Application: Maybe an ebook reader?
-3DSWare games can be moved from one 3DS to another, and some DSiWare games can be moved to the 3DS as well.
-Is compatible with Wifine if you live in Japan.

New trailer featuring footage from almost every known 3DS game:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/POY5DMZzeVA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/POY5DMZzeVA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I'm impressed. :drool

Graphics look great, and I'm digging the charger. :rock

This system is epic. Major graphical difference between some of the games though. Seems a few of the companies need to go back to the drawing board (I'm looking at you Namco racer).

Back