Nicky's Collectibles Photos (Hot Toys Aliens/Predator/Terminator/Robocop etc)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Nicky's Collectibles Photos (Hot Toys ALIENS/PREDATOR/TERMINATOR/ROBOCOP etc)

Here's the before and after pics of my old SH Hicks head with the new. The differences are very subtle on camera but in person they are very obvious. This new one is the dirtied-up sweaty version. (Les sent me out an uncompleted head by mistake the first time):

Aliensguests165.jpg
Aliensguests184.jpg

I also re-painted my stock Ripley head:
Aliensguests173.jpg
Aliensguests190.jpg

And the Hicks head looks great on most other HT figs especially of course Reese:

Aliensguests185.jpg
Aliensguests187.jpg

Aliensguests186.jpg
Aliensguests188.jpg

Re: Nicky's Collectibles Photos (Hot Toys ALIENS/PREDATOR/TERMINATOR/ROBOCOP etc)

Got a Clint Eastwood head. Cheers to greyrabbit for the freebie!

Aliensguests192.jpg
Aliensguests193.jpg

Aliensguests196.jpg
Aliensguests197.jpg

Great job with the Clint head! You painted up that one in no time, and also good to see that you didn't have too much of a problem painting in the eyes :)

..oh now I know frontline heads are compatible with hot toys bodies too! Clint would have been one bad ass space marine haha!

..oh now I know frontline heads are compatible with hot toys bodies too!
They do so long as you drill them appropriately. In the firts 2 pics he's on a BBI body but using a HT neck connector.

Machiko: The Hunter Aliens 1/6 resin kit painted and assmebled by me (Goddamn, the netting was a ^^^^^ to paint, I could have made it tidier but it was so frustrating I just wanted to get it over with):

Aliensguests198.jpg
Aliensguests201.jpg

Aliensguests203.jpg
Aliensguests199.jpg

Aliensguests200.jpg

Aliensguests202.jpg

Aliensguests204.jpg

Aliensguests205.jpg

Aliensguests206.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks for the PM! I was mighty interested seeing that Machiko!

Not bad, not bad at all! And you've got FAR better painting skills than me, lol.

Not bad, not bad at all! And you've got FAR better painting skills than me, lol.
There's more 1/6 resin and vinyl kits to come so keep an eye on this thread. And yes, the paint-job turned out much better than I thought, I hadnt painted a full kit like this in about 10 yrs.

WOW that Machiko is amazing nice collection

They're really realistic.

Cool stuff Nicky! I have JUST had some time to look at threads like your's. Cool work and figure collection. Glad I had some minor contribution to it. Love that Machiko. Cool work!

Machiko: The Hunter Aliens 1/6 resin kit painted and assmebled by me (Goddamn, the netting was a ^^^^^ to paint, I could have made it tidier but it was so frustrating I just wanted to get it over with):

Aliensguests200.jpg

Whos that?
Your collection its really cool.

Whos that?
Your collection its really cool.
The character is called Machiko and came from the AvP comics - she was a colonist who helped the preds fight the aliens when they attacked. Hot Tiys made a fig of her too but I passed on it.

I used to collect comics a couple of years ago, i kinda lost touch with the industry and i still got all my comics.

Arnold Schwarzenegger as Col. John Matrix from Commando (1985) resin kit. I gave up on the idea of a custom fig a while ago, I think I'll just stick with this, at least it's more accurate than a custom fig could ever be. I decided to leave out the camo make-up cos I just wasn't sure how to apply it and didn't wanna risk ruining the paint-job on his face (which I'm very proud of). I've seen pics of this model with camo and no one seems to be able to do it right anyway.

I drilled those 4 holes in the rocket-launcher for added realism, previously they were about 1mm deep but are now about 2cm deep and the strap was moddified by replacing the kit one with a painted rubber band! It's a damn shame the base is so small and the assualt rifle doesnt come with a stock. WTF??!!

Aliensguests002.jpg
Aliensguests003.jpg

Aliensguests006.jpg
Aliensguests005.jpg

Aliensguests007.jpg

Last edited:

I think this thread is in the wrong forum.

Jesus. I'm pretty certain you're in the wrong thread so get the ^^^^ out. You cant be that dumb that you honestly think this thread is in the wrong section/forum.

From the front page: "Art Show. Let's see your photographs, original art, Photoshop manipulations, etc. Keep it PG-13 please."

If you're gonna be a troll and make stupid comments, at least have the witt and intelligence to make them revelvant and applicable.

Last edited:

Hey bro, is there some mods on Elder? Why he towers over P2 on both shots? Or it's just a photo?
It's just the photo - I didnt mod them at all. I think the edler is just standing up straight and the P2's knees are bent slightly.

Right. I'm a troll. This is the Art forum. Pictures of toys with a plain digital camera don't really qualify as art to most people. I just meant that this should be in the Show your Shelves forum, because these are pictures of shelves. I'm sorry that I obviously hurt your feelings.

These arent simply shots of my shelves or of my items thru the glass on display in a cabinet, they are pictures of poses, scenarios and photo-stories I've created with specific backgrounds (and some kits I've painted) - I put effort into posing them that way and taking pics at those precise angles (they're not just simply "snaps" otherwise they would be in the Show Your Shelves section). I'm sorry you obviously couldn't see that and that I thought you were trolling (and I was a bit harsh) but it's becoming increasingly difficult to seperate that and other blatently unconstructive/uncomplimentary comments around here lately.

Last edited:
Back