NHL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No they wouldn't. MB will live and die with that idiot MT...MB's a joke himself as a GM.

Aside from speaking French to play footsie with media, I'm not sure what Therrien brings to the table. I guess Geoff Molson believes that everything will be okay next year with a healthy Price?

Aside from speaking French to play footsie with media, I'm not sure what Therrien brings to the table. I guess Geoff Molson believes that everything will be okay next year with a healthy Price?

The problem is right now there is no better replacement, so they are stuck with him

He doesn't bring anything really. Worst coach I've seen in MTL in a long time.

The problem is right now there is no better replacement, so they are stuck with him

Well that's the big issue in MTL. Let's say you have the option of 3 coaches like Quesneville, Babcock, and Therrien, and they will choose Therrien because of language and not the best available. I hate this language thing and I'm French.

He doesn't bring anything really. Worst coach I've seen in MTL in a long time.

Well that's the big issue in MTL. Let's say you have the option of 3 coaches like Quesneville, Babcock, and Therrien, and they will choose Therrien because of language and not the best available. I hate this language thing and I'm French.

Exactly and it's one of the reasons I've never been a habs fan, they don't make hockey decisions, they make decisions to appease the media and if they trade subban, I'll never in my lifetime cheer for that muppet show

Exactly and it's one of the reasons I've never been a habs fan, they don't make hockey decisions, they make decisions to appease the media and if they trade subban, I'll never in my lifetime cheer for that muppet show

I've been a fan for over 40 years but my patience is wearing thin with all this and although I don't want to jump ship, it's getting on my nerves a lot. I've seen myself cheer more often against them this year than for them just because I despise management so much that I don't want to see them succeed and want to see them gone. They are the worst bunch I've encountered in a long time (and I've seen the Houle era). As for Subban, I wouldn't be in the least surprised if they traded him. He's been mismanaged for a long time now. He's constantly being thrown under the bus by MT. MB's comment on "if Gretzky can be traded, anyone can be traded" said a lot.

I've been a fan for over 40 years but my patience is wearing thin with all this and although I don't want to jump ship, it's getting on my nerves a lot. I've seen myself cheer more often against them this year than for them just because I despise management so much that I don't want to see them succeed and want to see them gone. They are the worst bunch I've encountered in a long time (and I've seen the Houle era). As for Subban, I wouldn't be in the least surprised if they traded him. He's been mismanaged for a long time now. He's constantly being thrown under the bus by MT. MB's comment on "if Gretzky can be traded, anyone can be traded" said a lot.

I remember this quote. Best quote I've ever heard when it comes to being traded. I think Phaneuf said it at one point also.

The Kings will be fine. All that matters is making the playoffs. What seed they are is irrelevant. The Kings are a great team and will be a tuff out for anyone.

Ah, so far not so good. Down 0-2 after having home ice. We'll see if they can get a spark and show some sign of life in SJ tomorrow.

Ah, so far not so good. Down 0-2 after having home ice. We'll see if they can get a spark and show some sign of life in SJ tomorrow.

You already know that the Kings don't start the playoffs until they're down 3-0. The Kings will soon have SJ right where they want them. :lol
Besides, my Hawks aren't looking very good either. :slap

You already know that the Kings don't start the playoffs until they're down 3-0. The Kings will soon have SJ right where they want them. :lol
Besides, my Hawks aren't looking very good either. :slap

Any of those Hawks games could have went the other way though

If the Pens don't come out of this round, I think it's time they look to trade Malkin...

I don't know if anyone helped the first time or not... however :)

My kids rink advanced to the final four for krafthockeyville. If you wouldn't mind taking a few minutes again to vote for twin ponds at the link below it would be greatly appreciated. We're going against a team from Michigan and if we win this we made the finals and guaranteed 75k in upgrades. As it stands now we've been awarded 25k which is incredible to begin with.

Thanks everyone!!

https://www.krafthockeyville.com/#nomination/197

No, they don't trade Evgeni Malkin. The Penguins need to draft better and be more efficient with asset management. Why is Malkin always in discussion to move? I only move Geno if the deal is too good to pass up. Has to be monumentally huge.

His value has been regressing since he hasn't been able to average more than 65 games a season since 11/12 and his best season = 72 points. Bad linemates and health have taken a toll. But he's also still only 29, and if he can put together a healthy season and have good chemistry with someone like he had with Sykora or Neal, I think we can see that dominance again. Why now is not the time. I am a sole believer you move a guy at the height or near height of his value... not at a low. Trading him this year would be foolish. But go ahead, be that armchair GM, and be foolish... Fortunately, armchair GMs have no power.

When Geno is on, he's one of the best players in the game and I am not sure I would like the package coming back. Again, it's all about proper asset management. Sid and Geno stay.

Last edited:
btw I picked up a Evgeni Malkin worn and signed jersey. :D

He's the heart of the team IMO. He's a Penguin through-and-through and I love him. You can call it bias, but he's our guy. You keep those kind of guys that the players in the dressing room respect and look up to. And of course, he's damn good.

True, but they are giving up late leads, their PK is mediocre, and their 5 on 5 play hasn't been good all year. Not a good combination.

Yeah, their PP was effective, but I never count a team out... we have seen many teams come back from 3-1 deficits. This is Chicago after all.

So it looks like Jonathan Drouin is back. 9 goals in 10 Syracuse games, after missing two months of hockey. Then gets 2 goals in the last 2 regular season games and 4 more points in 4 playoff games. Been arguably one of Tampa Bay's best players in these playoffs. I love it when the hockey world had pretty much written off the kid ... just like they did with Sid the Kid in October and November, with his slow start. Let's see... Guys who are super talented and have an immense hockey IQ, just don't go MIA with their hockey brains and skillset... they are not happy and want a change. Well, when that change happens and they are motivated... What happens? They produce! ZOWIE! What an interesting concept... Why I knew Sid wasn't playing for Johnston, because he wasn't happy and pretty did what he could to get his removal. Bravo, it worked. Drouin was unhappy with how he was being treated and got frustrated, so didn't care to show up in his first stint with Syracuse... But when he realized everyone had moved on... he decided to get his **** together... and we are here today. Silly hockey world.

I don't know if anyone helped the first time or not... however :)

My kids rink advanced to the final four for krafthockeyville. If you wouldn't mind taking a few minutes again to vote for twin ponds at the link below it would be greatly appreciated. We're going against a team from Michigan and if we win this we made the finals and guaranteed 75k in upgrades. As it stands now we've been awarded 25k which is incredible to begin with.

Thanks everyone!!

https://www.krafthockeyville.com/#nomination/197

Can people outside of the country vote?

No they won't Kit. This time it's different. Washington is a good team this year. Besides, this is Philadelphia. If it was Pittsburgh, I would probably agree.

Back