NHL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish I had the same optimism, this team oddly enough reminds me of the 09 team that slumped at this exact same time and once they turfed therrien turned it around

Look at todays **** show, we need to make a big change on defence, should look to move letang, but cant see someone taking that contract

Yeah, New York teams have had our number this season. Letang will be next to impossible to move. Not because of his contract (okay that is a huge reason), but because who wants to pay that kind of money for a band-aid boy?

MAF was 26 seconds into game when Nash scored and benched 6 minutes into the 2nd period having allowed 3 more goals to a NYR team playing their 3rd road game in 3.5 days. :lol

Thanks MAF. ;)

Big division game against the Flyers and look who isn't in nets....

Message being sent?

MAF in the all star game is looking like he does in the playoffs.

Only proving once again what I have said from the beginning, worst of the best goalies

I know it's an all star game but h gave up the most goals and had the worst save percentage

Another nail biter between the Hawks and the Kings last night. It felt so much like last year. These 2 teams just have no quit in them and are fun to watch when they play each other.

Man, rough week for old school Chi-town sports fans. First Ernie Banks passes away and then we find out legendary Blackhawk Stan Mikita has some kind of rare brain disorder. Best wishes to the family of both of these iconic athletes. Even though I didn't get a chance to see either of them play, there's no denying the impact both of these men had in their respective sports and on Chi-town.

Man, rough week for old school Chi-town sports fans. First Ernie Banks passes away and then we find out legendary Blackhawk Stan Mikita has some kind of rare brain disorder. Best wishes to the family of both of these iconic athletes. Even though I didn't get a chance to see either of them play, there's no denying the impact both of these men had in their respective sports and on Chi-town.

Saw that to, hockey's greats have had it bad lately

What a game between the Hawks and Penguins. Great goaltending by both teams in regulation and OT. Just about everyone scored in the shoot out though. :lol

Finally fired up the DVR to watch the rest of the B's game from last night. I went to sleep at 3-0, so the rest was somewhat surprising and finish was par for the rest of the game.:monkey4

I'd say that the Bruins should be sellers at the deadline, but Chiarelli has given NMC/NTC to pretty much everybody so it might be a bit difficult.

Damn, what a horrific day yesterday was for Chicago fans. Bulls lose Rose (again) and Kane is out for an extended period with what rumors say is a broken clavicle. Just...wow.

Damn, what a horrific day yesterday was for Chicago fans. Bulls lose Rose (again) and Kane is out for an extended period with what rumors say is a broken clavicle. Just...wow.

12 weeks

That put him out for the first round, Hawks might b busy in the couple of days

12 weeks

That put him out for the first round, Hawks might b busy in the couple of days

Yeah, with how inconsistent and up and down the Hawks have been this season, advancing in the playoffs would have been challenging enough. With Kaner out about 3 months, things just got a whole lot worse. Given the strength of the division (and conference), this season is a crap shoot and next season...the salary cap is going to do a number on the team. Stan and the Hawks management are definitely going to have their hands full the next couple of days and some big decisions to make in the off season. This injury changes everything for Hawks fans.

Please don't report me for child abuse for putting her in a Leafs onesie without her consent. But this picture is mandatory for any new goalie dad.

cvjnExa.jpg

And on the topic of the Leafs, today was a typical Leaf day - it was a gigantic victory for the team that they minimized a huge mistake that the management themselves caused in the first place. Huzzah!

The Bruins trade Jordan Caron.:yess: It's for Max Talbot with his $1.75 cap hit for next year.:banghead (and now Chiarelli says Colorado is picking up half, I guess that makes it less terrible)

I don't know what this team is doing. The front office may need some cleaning mid-April.

Cute kiddo Cokebabies.

And yes, I liked that trade DeezNutz. It's the best trade of the year. Any team that can trade from a point of weakness and come out with all of that... The best player in the deal (Tyler Myers), two great prospects, Stafford, and a great pick in arguably the best draft since 2003 and 1979, for two players who weren't working for us, and one guy who didn't even want to play here anymore... I can't say enough how awesome Kevin Cheveldayoff is.

Cute kiddo Cokebabies.

And yes, I liked that trade DeezNutz. It's the best trade of the year. Any team that can trade from a point of weakness and come out with all of that... The best player in the deal (Tyler Myers), two great prospects, Stafford, and a great pick in arguably the best draft since 2003 and 1979, for two players who weren't working for us, and one guy who didn't even want to play here anymore... I can't say enough how awesome Kevin Cheveldayoff is.

Dude, where did you disappear to?
What did you think of the Pens moves?

Hockey news ran a story that the Pens should look to move Crosby for McDavid....

Dude, where did you disappear to?
What did you think of the Pens moves?

Hockey news ran a story that the Pens should look to move Crosby for McDavid....

As per to your first question, the old schtick of "beating a dead horse" wasn't palpable for this poster anymore. The lack of empathy, with rigorous discussion that seemed to be narrowed down to an over abundance of ensuing Fleury bashing, needless to say got old.. fast. It's more the tiring redundancy of forced déjà vu that saw to my vaca from the thread, than anything else.

The occasional bickering amongst board members didn't help either. Having said that, it looks as though the tide has changed, and thus why I am back.

Now as for this Hockey News business, I wasn't fully aware of it. Personally I pay no stock into what that rubbish hockey flier/tabloid writes. They haven't been a relevant hockey news source for a while. The story wreaks hyperbole, seeking the desperate attention of the reader. It's like what can we do to sell papers, lets produce an article on a ridiculous hypothetical discussion.

We're in a tight NHL salary cap-fixed era. The very idea of a team relinquishing 10 years of a potential star of Crosby's calibre for Sid the Kid himself is ridiculous.

You're Buffalo or Phoenix... even if Connor McDavid doesn't reach Sid's heights, do you relinquish 3 years of a cheap ELC and a lower contract value from 18-25 vs. a now acclaimed "best hockey player in the world" that comes with a huge salary? Not to mention you also lose 10 very important years. 18-28 are often a superstar player's best NHL campaigns. Where as 29 and onward are usually considered the hump-to-regressive years.

Now you're Pittsburgh, do you move the best hockey player in the world for the potential of having the best hockey player in the world for the future? Lets see, realized potential vs. unrealized potential. Hmmm.... Tough one. Keep in mind your team is built around a veteran roster. Swapping the two sets both teams back. McDavid is not the guy to lead a team right now. How does that further your chances in the next year or two? What can Connor offer today that Crosby can't? If we're expecting a passing of a torch, fine, but it may not be foreseeable anytime soon. For that matter, it may never come. That's when you ask yourself, what relevance does this discussion have?

Last edited:
Back