NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL - And THAT is a good thing.

But the Panthers will need new uniforms before they will be any good. You see, I have a philosophy about the uniforms in the NFL. When they look silly, the players feel silly wearing them. Then they get into the mindset that if they are weraing those uniforms, they are not men enough to win football games.

As my proof, I offer:

The Eagles
The Broncos
The Buccaneers

All of these teams really kicked it up a notch when they got away from pastels (Broncos), Peach (Bucs) and the satiny look (Eagles).

And how about that feather in the Bucs logo.

Now, as a Steeler fan, I am hoping that the Bengals keep their silly-looking uniforms.

You are sooo right there. I don't know why... but it certainly seems to be a theory that holds water.

Then they get into the mindset that if they are weraing those uniforms, they are not men enough to win football games.

As my proof, I offer:

The Eagles
The Broncos
The Buccaneers

All of these teams really kicked it up a notch when they got away from pastels (Broncos), Peach (Bucs) and the satiny look (Eagles).

And how about that feather in the Bucs logo.

It wasn't peach... it was Florida Orange thank you very much. And don't bash poor Buccaneer Bruce.. what did he ever do to you? :)

It wasn't peach... it was Florida Orange thank you very much. And don't bash poor Buccaneer Bruce.. what did he ever do to you? :)

I thought it was really defined as "Creamsicle" Orange. Seriously. And it made sense b/c the first 20 years, after 10 minutes in the sun--that's about how tough they were. :lol

Week 2

Arizona Cardinals
NFC 2-0

Baltimore Ravens AFC 1-0

Buffalo Bills AFC
2-0

Carolina Panthers NFC 2-0

Dallas Cowboys NFC
2-0

Denver Broncos AFC 2-0

Green Bay Packers NFC
2-0

New England Patriots AFC 2-0

New York Giants NFC
2-0

Pittsburgh Steelers AFC
2-0

Tennessee Titans AFC
2-0

Atlanta Falcons NFC
1-1

Chicago Bears NFC 1-1

Indianapolis Colts AFC
1-1

New Orleans Saints NFC
1-1

New York Jets AFC
1-1

Oakland Raiders AFC
1-1

Philadelphia Eagles NFC 1-1

San Francisco 49ers NFC
1-1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers NFC
1-1

Washington Redskins NFC
1-1

Cincinnati Bengals AFC
0-2

Cleveland Browns AFC
0-2

Detroit Lions NFC
0-2

Houston Texans AFC
0-1

Jacksonville Jaguars AFC 0-2

Kansas City Chiefs AFC
0-2

Miami Dolphins AFC 0-2

Minnesota Vikings NFC 0-2

San Diego Chargers AFC
0-2

Seattle Seahawks NFC 0-2

St. Louis Rams NFC
0-2

if i screwed anything up let me know.

Last edited:
Yeah...everybody should have 2 games in the books. You have the Texans and Ravens as having one each.

Obviously, you didn't set the list according to best teams.

Edit - Oops...never mind, byes started early this year.

Yeah...everybody should have 2 games in the books. You have the Texans and Ravens as having one each.

Obviously, you didn't set the list according to best teams.

Edit - Oops...never mind, byes started early this year.

They didn't start early. The hurricane canceled the Texans game because damage was done to the stadium.

Cowboys better than the Steelers?

As if.

That article dogs on the close game with the Browns. But that rivalry is one that long ago went beyond good team/bad team. Those two teams play each other hard EVERY time.

Bronco's D is only going to get better and i know it's only two games but Cutler is leading the NFL in passing yards and is tied more TD passes.

Broncos all the way:emperor

Bronco's D is only going to get better and i know it's only two games but Cutler is leading the NFL in passing yards and is tied more TD passes.

Broncos all the way:emperor

I am sorry, I do not hate the Broncos, but Oakland and San Diego are not necessarily great yard sticks to measure Cutler by. And with one truely difficult game on the Broncos schedule, we'll have to wait until next year to see where they truly stand.

Looking on the bright side, they are all but in the playoffs as the division winner already.:D

I am sorry, I do not hate the Broncos, but Oakland and San Diego are not necessarily great yard sticks to measure Cutler by. And with one truely difficult game on the Broncos schedule, we'll have to wait until next year to see where they truly stand.

Looking on the bright side, they are all but in the playoffs as the division winner already.:D

You're right to a certain extent, but I think you're taking a little away from him.

I was a Jake Plummer fan, and was absolutely livid when they benched him for Cutler after making the playoffs---so naturally I hated the kid immediately.

But stats and poor opponents aside, you can't argue with his ability. He is tossing some real zingers this year. Will it stand the test of time? Who knows. But he's certainly more talented than I ever wanted to give him credit for.

You're right to a certain extent, but I think you're taking a little away from him.

I was a Jake Plummer fan, and was absolutely livid when they benched him for Cutler after making the playoffs---so naturally I hated the kid immediately.

But stats and poor opponents aside, you can't argue with his ability. He is tossing some real zingers this year. Will it stand the test of time? Who knows. But he's certainly more talented than I ever wanted to give him credit for.

You are right, I won't take anything away from him. But I expect that Denver should win that division this year. And next year they will end up with a first place schedule. And I do believe he can do very well. But after next year, if they do get the first place schedule, everyone will see what he is really all about.

That is exactly what Big Ben is going through with the Steelers right now. He has been solid, but after this year's schedule, we will all really see what he is made of. I think he'll be on top of it, but my fingers are crossed anyway.

Titans best D in the league.
Titans QB most mentally fragile(Vince Young) in the league.
Jeff Fisher is probably the most underated coach in the league.
Glad the drunk is taking the snaps now.
Should win the division with that D and running game.

Cowboys better than the Steelers?

As if.

That article dogs on the close game with the Browns. But that rivalry is one that long ago went beyond good team/bad team. Those two teams play each other hard EVERY time.

Cowboys are better than the steelers at this point.
It's ok though things change and that's why they play the games.

Titans best D in the league.
Titans QB most mentally fragile(Vince Young) in the league.
Jeff Fisher is probably the most underated coach in the league.
Glad the drunk is taking the snaps now.
Should win the division with that D and running game.

The drunk? :lol That's no way to talk about a quarterback who has done nothing with his career except limp into the worst super bowl in history only because the entire league was in the s#$%ter that particular year...

Regardless, I wouldn't sing the praises of the Titans just yet. I think since Jeff started dying his goatee that team's been heading for a fall.

Back