NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking , had Farve sat it out( or whatever he needed to do, retire etc...) and not gone to the Jets, could there have been a slim possibility of him going to the Pats?

Well, being a life-long Steelers fan and someone who bleeds black and gold, it doesn't surprise me one bit. I just wave my hand at them. :wave

Oh, and it's the hand that has 5 Super Bowl rings on it.

Why all the hate for Rothlesberger? I'm not a big Steelers fan but the dude almost made the Super Bowl his rookie year, and ended up going in his sophomore season. Plus he's the youngest QB to win a SB, isn't he?

Ugly or not, he has a ring. And if it wasn't for that idiotic motorcycle wreck he might've gotten another one by now.

I dont hate Ben at all. He had a terrible Super Bowl but somehow he got all the credit for winning the game when he really didn't do much to help. He's a very good QB but everyone seems to think he is GREAT because he was the youngest to win a SB but that was because of his teammates not him.

...Ugly or not, he has a ring. And if it wasn't for that idiotic motorcycle wreck he might've gotten another one by now.
You just proved my point. :D

I just hate when people are quick to anoint someone the next great superstar when they haven't even proven themselves (like Lebron James before he even played his first game) yet. I have no problem with the Steelers at all, I just don't like him as a player.

...He had a terrible Super Bowl but somehow he got all the credit for winning the game when he really didn't do much to help...everyone seems to think he is GREAT because he was the youngest to win a SB but that was because of his teammates not him.
100% agree.

You just proved my point. :D

I just hate when people are quick to anoint someone the next great superstar when they haven't even proven themselves (like Lebron James before he even played his first game) yet. I have no problem with the Steelers at all, I just don't like him as a player.

I think Big Ben's record pretty much warrants any said "hype".

Regardless, I haven't heard much hype about Ben in the past couple of seasons. He obviously was hyped when he took the Steelers 13-0 in his rookie season, and then became the youngest quarterback to ever win a SB.

He's a solid player, but no, not great just yet---and I honestly don't think the media deems him as such so I guess I'm not seeing the alleged hype.

When I think of "hype", I think of your Dante Culpepper, Terrel Owens, Chad Johnson and Matt Leinart (to name a few).

...He's a solid player, but no, not great just yet---and I honestly don't think the media deems him as such so I guess I'm not seeing the alleged hype.

When I think of "hype", I think of your Dante Culpepper, Terrel Owens, Chad Johnson and Matt Leinart (to name a few).
Your right, no hype as of late, but I just couldn't stand to hear 'Big Ben' this and 'Big Ben' that when they were winning.

The other names you mentioned are also waaaay overrated.

vince%20young-hurt.jpg

caterLG_chicken_wings.jpg

:banghead:banghead:banghead

He had a terrible Super Bowl but somehow he got all the credit for winning the game when he really didn't do much to help. He's a very good QB but everyone seems to think he is GREAT because he was the youngest to win a SB but that was because of his teammates not him.

I don't think he got all the credit. It's not like got the MVP and I remember an interview afterwards saying that he felt that he didn't well. He got a lot of credit for their season and that may have been a little much.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Still one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. :lol

P.S. Chicken Wings are good as ^^^^ though, I've missed work 'cause of 'em too! :D

You know I honestly think he has some mental problems. Their have been so many reports coming out of Nashville the last couple of weeks one says he talked to a therapist and the word suicide was mentioned a couple of times then you have his Mom saying her baby didn't want to play football anymore then he comes on TV and says that everything is fine so you really don't know what to believe but the truth is in the second half of that game with Jacksonville he didn't want to go back out on the field with the offense until Fisher made him go in. I really hope he can get his stuff together and get back and compete for the job.

I have respect for Eli Manning, simply because he never lost when playing the FL Gators.. even in the swamp. His brother Peyton lost every single game against the Gators. I still like Peyton's personality better, he's more well spoken and charismatic.. but Eli is really developing into a hell of a QB.

Ben is a decent QB too, but he's really hit or miss.

Peyton comes off as having poor sportsmanship to me.

Why is it everytime I look at the television when he isn't throwing a touchdown pass, he's shaking that gigantic head of his? :lol

I'm not denying the dude's greatness, and he's funny as hell w/ scripted material, but God does he grind my nerves on the field.

Peyton comes off as having poor sportsmanship to me.

Why is it everytime I look at the television when he isn't throwing a touchdown pass, he's shaking that gigantic head of his? :lol

I'm not denying the dude's greatness, and he's funny as hell w/ scripted material, but God does he grind my nerves on the field.

:lol You are right there... BOTH of them are funny when something goes bad. Peyton shakes his Gigantic noggin and Eli just mouths the F word and does that hilarious shoulder shrug thing. :lol

No way in the world did I think the Broncos would be 2-0. I still have no faith in the defense, so we'll see how far scoring 30 points a game can get us.

IIRC some of the cheerleaders were anyway. :naughty

LOL - And THAT is a good thing.

But the Panthers will need new uniforms before they will be any good. You see, I have a philosophy about the uniforms in the NFL. When they look silly, the players feel silly wearing them. Then they get into the mindset that if they are weraing those uniforms, they are not men enough to win football games.

As my proof, I offer:

The Eagles
The Broncos
The Buccaneers

All of these teams really kicked it up a notch when they got away from pastels (Broncos), Peach (Bucs) and the satiny look (Eagles).

And how about that feather in the Bucs logo.

Now, as a Steeler fan, I am hoping that the Bengals keep their silly-looking uniforms.

Back